Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

Post by nissanmama »

Sorry what was the question? I got distracted looking into Kellen's eyes in Skylar's border...

I want more chat about Zoey and Bella, but it seems not many have read the series yet. So how about a broader question...

QUESTION OF THE DAY: Do any of the characters from TW remind you of characters in other books you've read?
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Whoa, Una. *gulp* That first PSD was soooo hawt! I needed that this morning after the craptastic day I had yesterday. Nice findings! ;)

Oleander- I'd love to say that I'm a Twisnob. I've neglected collecting things like you and Spooky do (mags and miscellaneous things), but the want is there. I will get the DVD version with everything on it. *snicker* The more Rob, the better, right? Heck yeah!

Nima- girl, you need to read HON. They are YA, but steamy YA. I haven't bought "Hunted" yet. My 4 are lent out to my niece. She's had them since November, and still isn't finished. *grrrrrrr* These books are only 300 pages long, so they are swift and easy reads. I'll be more than happy to share with ya!

To answer the question; here is my short and to-the-point answer. No, sadly, the TW characters do not remind me of any others, for I am not a reader. I am looking forward to reading everyone's responses to this one. Maybe it'll inspire me to read some of the books mentioned.
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

BlueStarlight wrote:[Nima- girl, you need to read HON.
Actually, I have read them and made a Zoey/Bella commentary, but I'm thinking not too many other gutterites have gotten around to them yet. I'm still checking my library daily for Hunted. I refuse to buy hardback when the rest are paperback!
Banner by Fry
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Ok, so I have to go to a bachelorette party tonight (yes, in the middle of the week!!) but since I'm in the wedding party I don't get much choice...

We're spending the evening at the Hard Rock Hotel...and I can't even remember the last time I went to a bar or a club (which I'm told to expect both...) since havng kids, going out hasn't really been a high priority (not that I was a big club type...even in college...) but anyways, perhaps there'll be some DHs or Weres there? :D A girl can hope right? Since I'm not a big drinker, I think my entertainment will be in trying to pick out who could be a DH or a Were! LOL Is it wrong that I just want to stay in the hotel room with a book and read while everyone else goes dancing? :oops:

Thank you Naureen!!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Nima, I'm already on my library waiting list for Hunted. Sadly, I'm in slot 57 right now. 16 current copies and there are 4 still on order. *Sigh* I'll be waiting a bit.

I really was enjoying our discussion of Zoey and Bella. However, I understand if not a lot of people have read it. So to the current question, I can't think of many characters that really remind me of Bella. In some ways, I think Amanda from the Dark-Hunter series and Bella have a lot in common. They are both quiet, intelligent, strong-willed, occasionally clumsy and when they make a decision, they go for it. In appearance they are also quiet similar. Both of them grow into themselves and their abilities, they are both special and yet try to not think of themselves that way (or try to not be special at all, in Amanda's case).

I'll stop there and let someone else join in. I just have to say, I woke up grumpy last week and I realized why. My annoying alarm clock woke me up in lieu of my usual, gentle, exhilarating, wake-up call. I so prefer waking up this way! :twisted: :twisted:
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
VampLover
Learning to Love Green

Post by VampLover »

I have a question? Which DVD is the one to get? Which one has the most "stuff" on it? I want to get the most for my money, but I know there are several versions out there. And excuse my idiotness but do you have to have a special TV to get the Blue-ray? Like HD? I'm a reader, not a watcher, so I'm not up on these new fangled things. :lol:

Ok I have to vent here for a minute too. I wanted to see if a book was somthing I was looking to read, so I went and read some reviews to see what the popular opinion was, and I was spolied!!! I hate that!! It looks like it was somthing significant too!! Ugg. Ok sorry rant over, just needed to get that out.
As long as I was on my way to Hell - I might as well enjoy the journey.
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

VampLover: Una & I have discussed this before. Reviews NEVER include plot summary or details. It's rude to include specific details from a book, movie, etc. If one cannot give a review without spoiling, that person shouldn't give a review. Period.

QOTD: Do any of the characters from TW remind you of characters in other books you've read?

When I was reading the tent scene in Eclipse, I was reminded of Stephanie Plum, Joe Morelli, and Ranger from Janet Evanovich's series. It also features a love triangle with a clumsy girl who is in the wrong place at the wrong time, a boy who tries to handle her and keep her safe, and a boy who lets her be herself - even if it puts her in danger. The series is hilarious and very light.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I haven't really been following the NM movie coverage. Why did they replace the actor who played Sam Uley'?
Banner by Fry
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Nima I don't get it either. Our last Sam look perfect and I thought he did a GREAT job. Why did they feel the need to replace him???
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

I haven't looked at the "Front Page" in a long time...so I checked it out. They also replaced Embry! He was adorable. So it looks like we have a new wolf pack other than Taylor L. I hope that no matter what it turns out well.

You guys were busy this last few days. It is fun to see some "old" faces on here, I like seeing what you have to say. I agree that it is hard to come up with new things to add when we have talked about many things on here. I also check in, but don't always post. So, as per the most recent question...I don't remember coming across any characters in TW that reminded me of other characters from other books. I think that is one of the reasons for me I really enjoyed TW, I just loved the characters.
by Laniyeah on photobucket