For XY Discussion Only!!

SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: For XY Discussion Only!!

Post by SenorGimp »

Ok, I don't know how it's spelled, but I know it's pronounced Fully Cooly, or something, and it is straight up ridiculous anime, where this guy has weird monsters that pop out of a zit on his neck or something, and then he has to fight them off...
It's nuts, that's all, nuts!
But it's very entertaining, really, if you don't much care about a logical plot line
Video Games:
I've always loved the FF series, my favorite, despite the amount of times I've played it through, would have to be seven, it's just such a phenomenal setup when it comes to the materia equipping and magic usage.
8 was good too, I loved the gun blade idea, and I really liked the Aura spell, because I always preferred just to fight melee-style, and with aura you can get your limit break, without having to get beat to crap first...
Legend of Legaia is freaking awesome, although it's old school, check it out if you haven't...
And so was Legend of Dragoon...
Also, I only had a 64 for a little while, but while I did, I thoroughly enjoyed playing Quest 64, even though it took me a while to figure it out, and I died like 12 times at the very start before I finally figured out the way to make it work...
Books:
I agree with Rings, check out the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jorday, 12 books so far (I guess the last installment is going to be 3 books long, the first of which, "The Gathering Storm", having just come out), and although the first book is kind of boring and hard to get into, once you get past that, you will (or you won't, some people just can't hang with the series) be thorougly captivated and in love, as I have been since age 15...
While waiting for the 25-person long library waiting list for "The Gathering Storm" to thin out, I have been reading The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind, which is quite excellent as well.
I highly recommend it.

Rings, you still working on Knife of Dreams, or is it Crossroads of Twilight?
Or could you even be as far back as Winter's Heart?!
Winter's Heart has one of the most epic endings ever, in my opinion, and actually with the way Knife of Dreams ends, it sets the stage for a freaking phenomenal quest into the crazy world of the Aelfinn (or is it the Ellfinn? I don't really remember)...
Anyway, the new book is out, which maybe is the one you are referring to, but if not, you need to get caught up, so that you can read it too.
Had I known you read that series, I would have been bombarding you with PMs about it for probably like a year now, honestly.
Cat's out of the bag now, buddy, barrage of PMs starting.... I was going to say "NOW", but I have to leave, so instead
Barrage of PMs starting... SOON.
Doesn't sound as ominous that way, does it?
Much Love to all
See ya
~Codaniel Von Johnson~
AKA
SenorGimp
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

:lol:

I honestly don't recall. I'll have to see the book. It's been years since I devoured the first what- eight books? Before going back in again. Consequently I'm a bit lost.
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Spoiler alert:

Have they attempted to cleanse the male side of the source of its taint?
That happens in book 9...
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

Yeah, I got past that.
Sleep Nessie
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Sleep Nessie »

I guess that means I'm among the 2% of guys on this site. :D How do I get my headline thing switched to "Proud Twi guy" too?
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

Sleep Nessie wrote:I guess that means I'm among the 2% of guys on this site. :D How do I get my headline thing switched to "Proud Twi guy" too?

Hello and welcome! :)

Just send a PM to one of the administrators (they have green names) and request it.
Sleep Nessie
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Sleep Nessie »

Thanks man. I'll do that now.

I'm Rolando by the way. But Rollo is fine too.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

I just got the 12th book, The Gathering Storm, for Christmas, along with a bunch of other cool gifts, too.
I'm anxious to read it, but I have like 400 pages left in the sword of truth book I'm reading, "naked empire", and must finish that first, before I start the new one.
It's ironic, the one year I really didn't want anything from anyone, and it's the one year when I got a whole bunch of stuff from everyone!
That's cool though.
Gotta go
Merry Christmas to all
Or, as I've taken to saying:
Have a Mary Poppins and a Happy Gilmore!!
Much Love
~Codaniel Von Johnson~
AKA
SenorGimp
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Come on guys, liven up a bit!!
lol
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

So has anyone else watched Avatar? If so, your thoughts? I rather enjoyed watching the movie; the special effects were unbelievable.
ImageImageImageImage