For XY Discussion Only!!

ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Re: For XY Discussion Only!!

Post by ringswraith »

/patpat gamb1t. Hope things turn out well.

Welp, finished Bayonetta. That was a ride and a half. :lol:

So much more stuff to do, though...
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Ah, Gamb1t, I'm sorry bud.
Hopefully she'll come to her senses, you're a pretty cool dude, she'll probably realize that.
Of course, maybe I'm not one to talk, I've been down THAT road before, and it's never ended well for me.
Well, not in the sense of getting back together, anyway, but then again, who's to say that that would be a good thing?
Sorry, this probably isn't helping...
Um, question:
Where did everyone else go?!?!
We used to have like 20 guys on this thread, and now there's only like four of us, and that's only very rarely..
We... Can... Finish... This... Thread...
Eh.
Well, gotta go,
SenorGimp
= )...
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
bustown24
Settled in Forks

Post by bustown24 »

Hi, this is my first post, but I figured this would be a good place to put it, as I am a guy, and I do love the series. So maybe I can help get this thread to the 100-page goal you are seeking.
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

Welcome! :D

Feel free to peruse the thread or start talking about anything. :)
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

welcome bustown!
Here are some questions we usually ask guys new to the XY thread (at least I think, i don't really remember the beginning of this thread that well, it's been ages.)
Which is your favorite Twilight Book?
Which is your favorite guy character?
Favorite Girl Character?
How did you get turned on to the series?
What are some of your favorite books outside of the Twilight Series?
Favorite:
TV shows?
Movies?
Video Games?
Gane systems?
How old are you?
Where are you from?
What do you do for a living?

that should be a sufficient start.
FYI, a lot of girls read through these posts, since they're so curious and they're not allowed to post here (courtesy of yours truly 8-) ), so make sure your answers are all super cool, or no one will like you.
just kidding.
Anyway, welcome.
What's new?
~Codaniel Von Johnson~
AKA
SenorGimp
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

Heavens. Bayonetta's Alfheims. After hours of mindless button-mashing, doing these challenges which actually require thinking is darn frustrating! :lol:
bustown24
Settled in Forks

Post by bustown24 »

Ok, well, I answered some of these questions in the forum for new people, but I will do my best to answer them again....

Which is your favorite Twilight Book?
I don't know right now. I have read each book once, but I am about to go through them again. I will say Ecplise though, for now.
Which is your favorite guy character?
I would probably say Edward. I think Carlisle would my favorite non-major guy character.
Favorite Girl Character?
Bella, with Alice being my favorite non-major girl character.
How did you get turned on to the series?
Ok, well this took awhile to explain in the other post, so I am going to copy and paste it and maybe make a couple changes, but it will still be sort of long...
I was kind of late to this party. I first heard about Twilight some time ago from the girl who I was dating at the time. I am not, and have never been much of a reader, so I really wasn't that interested. But I remember her telling me things that I sort of dismissed, that now I totally find myself doing, like checking out Stephenie's playlists for the books, and reading all her extras and outtakes. So, what happened was, and this is embarassing, but I was at home one day, and somehow started watching a movie on Lifetime called Speak, starring one Kristen Stewart, and I sort of became enthralled by her personality in the movie. (I looked it up on Wikipedia and found out it was filmed in my hometown, actually the house in the movie is two streets over from where I lived at the time of the filming and where my parents still live, but somehow I did not know a movie was being filmed practiacally next door.) So anyways, when I was on Wikipedia, I noticed that it said that Kristen was going to be in the Twilight movies. I mentioned this to my girflriend as it was sort of a weird coidence as this was not long after she first told me about it. Soon after, her and I caught the film Adventureland, so to be completley honest, it was Kristen Stewart who actually got me into it, as I like her acting, so eventually, flash forward to like the week the New Moon movie came out, I got Twilight from the library, and convinced two friends to watch it with me. I liked it a lot, and found another friend to go see New Moon with me in the theater. The night I got home from seeing New Moon, I started reading Eclipse, and breezed through it and Breaking Dawn in no time. After that, I went back to the begining and read Twilight and New Moon. I know thats probably not the conventional way of doing it, but thats how it worked for me, and as a non-reader with a poor imigiantion, I think I needed to see a visual representation of the charecters to aid me in my reading. I know thats a lot of information, but that is how it happened.
What are some of your favorite books outside of the Twilight Series?
Well, as I just said, I am not much of a reader, but I am hoping now that I just breezed through these relativley long and detailed four books, that maybe I can start doing more reading. So for now, I don't have an answer, but hopefully within a few months or so, I will be reading more.
Favorite:
TV shows? Watching baseball, or... The Office, Seinfeld, Simpsons, Curb Your Enthusiasm.
Movies? I don't watch a lot of movies either! I'm not sure if I have a favorite, but the last one I saw in a theater, Inglorious Basterds, was pretty good.
Video Games? Once I get some money I will buy a PS3 or something maybe, but I have never had one. But if I am playing one its usually either a football game or rock band or something.
How old are you? 25
Where are you from? Ohio
What do you do for a living? Get back to me in a month and I am hoping to have a good answer for that, but right now, I'm looking!

That should be a good start!

Marko
Settled in Forks

Post by Marko »

I'm brand new here :D Just thought I'd say hi- as the title 'XY' caught my attention in gen discussion; guess the minority need to look out for each other! Watched the first movie on dvd long after all the rage, never really looked into it and then started reading all the books right before seeing new moon (got twilight the book as a Christmas present and got addicted immediately). Now having read all the books, watched twilight+new moon and eagerly anticipating, Eclipse; I am one of the few fans being XY ;)
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

"Polo!"

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D Welcome to the thread!

So I'm currently trying to get the stuff that I missed my first time playing through Bayonetta- and trust me, I missed a lot- and the special challenges called Alfheims are kicking my butt.
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Rings, you seem to be pretty caught up in this game, so, stupid question:
Any good?
And welcome Marko.
Same questions I asked Bustown.