Gex X--the 30 something thread

37yearoldfan

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Post by 37yearoldfan »

ocd,

I am glad you like it here. I found this thread about a month ago and have been here ever since. So, welcome! Everyone is so cool and supportive when someone else has a bad moment in their lives! Plus, we all seem to have an awful lot in common.

My wife is 5 years older than me. It is amazing in that little time span how much different our interests are in things such as music. She like 70's music and I like 80's music like Depeche Mode, The Smiths and and other bands from the british invasion. My wife...not so much!

una,

you should check out Sarah Connor sometime. It is action packed with twists and turns that you don't see coming!
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

una wrote:
37yearoldfan wrote:I like CSI and CSI NY. I can't stand David Caruso so, I don't watch Miami.
I am SO with you!! He is one of the worst actors in the world. He makes my skin crawl every time I see him...
I don't really like David Caruso, either, but I like how supportive and concerned Horatio is. I think if anyone else played Horatio, his character would still be the same. I also like the rest of the cast and the stories from Miami. Otherwise, I wouldn't watch it either.

The season premier was a huge let down, though. I was disappointed and bummed. Oh well, at least the season premiers of my other shows have been awesome!!! Especially, Bones! :)
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

I like all the CSI shows, David Caruso doesn't bother me to much like everyone else mentioned. I generally tend to watch more detective police related shows. I enjoy House, Monk & The Closer, all of them seem to suffer from OCD but my overall favorite if The First 48.

I think someone mentioned Pushing Daisy's in a post further back, I tried to watch that last night and was lost. It seems like one of those shows where you have to watch from the start of the series (like Lost) to fully understand what's happening.

I enjoy watching t.v., I try to mix up the court room shows, the news & my favorites.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

That's what I like about most of the law dramas, you don't have to follow them. Although some have had reoccurring nemeses they typically allow you to just watch here and there. Missing one episode doesn't usually affect you. That's what I love, since I can't always catch each one, I love the shows that I can come and go with.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
37yearoldfan

Post by 37yearoldfan »

That's another good thing about Fringe. Every episode opens and closes. So you can miss an episode and not miss anything.

Pushing Daisies is ok. But you right there is a story line there that if you did not watch it regularly than you would not get the relationships between everyone.
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

I have watched Ugly Betty from the beginning, and a lot of my family looks at me like I'm crazy when I tell them I love it! NCIS is one of my all-time favorites, too. Yeah, the Tony/Ziva angst is SO noticeable, I wish they'd just "go there" already! lol! Seriously, I think "they" (producers and such) don't want an office romance; I read that somewhere for the 2006-07 season. However, their dialogue so far has hinted that maybe Tony has feelings for her, too... usually he just teases her about it.

Yes, Skylarblue, Pushing Daisies is one of those that you need to see from the beginning. ABC.com has the last 3 eps on their website- there were only 8 eps last season anyway. I enjoy the show because it looks so different from the others I watch; it has a lot of CG special effects.

It felt so good to get all my hair hacked off! I got it colored, too, which I've never had done professionally. She told me it would last longer than bottle color. It's a very dark brown, a couple shades darker than my natural color, and I got caramel-colored streaks. I'll get a pic tomorrow and post a link. :D
shanon
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by shanon »

I tried watching Pushing Daisies last night, too. I knew basically what it was supposed to be about, but was interrupted avery few minutes by "MOM! Hey MOM!" , so needless to say, I got lost :? There are a few shows I ALWAYS watch - Two and a Half Men, New Adventures of Old Christine, My Name Is Earl, & Big Bang Theory. LOVE them! I am really interested in Heroes, but haven't watched the first few seasons, so I should probably go to Blockbuster before jumping right in. I am a huge X-Men fan, so I just assumed Heroes wouldn't be any good. I hear I was wrong about that! ;)
EDC,Inc- Dumptruck Trainee!!!
Pic for banner by someone else.
shanon
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by shanon »

jenni_elyse wrote:
una wrote:
37yearoldfan wrote:I like CSI and CSI NY. I can't stand David Caruso so, I don't watch Miami.
I am SO with you!! He is one of the worst actors in the world. He makes my skin crawl every time I see him...
I don't really like David Caruso, either, but I like how supportive and concerned Horatio is. I think if anyone else played Horatio, his character would still be the same. I also like the rest of the cast and the stories from Miami. Otherwise, I wouldn't watch it either.

The season premier was a huge let down, though. I was disappointed and bummed. Oh well, at least the season premiers of my other shows have been awesome!!! Especially, Bones! :)
Hahaha! I agree! I do like when Joel McHale from The Soup does his David Caruso impression..makes me laugh every time!
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Shanon now that you mentioned the show My Name is Earl, it just clicked that I know someone famous (I think we discussed what famous people we met in earlier posts).

I went to college with Greg Garcia (the creator/producer of Earl & some other's that I can't recall right now). Some of my sorority sisters dated some of his frat brothers so when we would have socials or parties you would meet people. From what I can remember (since it's been 10+ years since I graduated & left college - Yea, Frostburg State University) he was a very nice & down to earth. From what I've heard, he hasn't let the fame, money or Emmy's go to his head.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
shanon
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by shanon »

Wow! That is awesome! I don't think there has been a Greg Garcia produced show (or Garcia Bro.'s Production) that I haven't enjoyed. :D