Gex X--the 30 something thread

oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Post by oleander »

BlueStarlight, I am excited for you to get your hair done! The fine art of pampering oneself is a dying one. I am a haircut junkie, and lucky for me a friend is in hair school right now so he uses me for practice. (Thus my blonde faux-hawk)

37yearoldfan i have tons of dvds sitting around of shows i need to watch...it's so frustrating. I started watching Generation Kill and made it to the third episode and never made it further.

Oh, I forgot to add that I LOVE Ugly Betty. Marc and Amanda are so funny. Grey's is wearing thin on me. Thursdays used to be such a hard night for me because everything i liked was on at the same time. I don't have that problem anymore.

I might try watching Fringe though, it sounds cool. I used to love X-Files (we used to have big X-Files watching parties on campus at one of the boys' dorms) and I hear it's kind of like that.

bac, i ADORE Project Runway. I want Tim Gunn to adopt me. He's so...so...Tim Gunn.
37yearoldfan

Post by 37yearoldfan »

dimber,

you should be able to go onto the tv network's that are in the U.S websites and watch the episodes online. I have done that a couple of times when I had missed one.

oleander,

I am kind of tired of Grey's too. I have not watched the new season yet, But, I asked my sister in law about it. I said let me guess? At the end of last season Grey and Mc Dreamy got back together and this season they are having problems AGAIN! She said I was right. They need a new story line!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

bac wrote:Nissanmama, I have never heard of Privileged. I will have to look it up and check it out. Right now I need happy, witty shows. I think I can stay away from the dark, true to life, death, mayhem shows.
It's on the CW.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
sinamongurl
Buying a Better Raincoat
Location: My body is in Pennsylvania, but my heart is in Forks!!

Post by sinamongurl »

i am a reality-tv Vulgar Language Is Ugly (started with 'real world' 1) and a charmed addict...i am constantly
watching it in syndication

Sina
:mrgreen:
Team Robert--He is Edward incarnate!!
Kymberli
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Kymberli »

Did someone say Project Runway!! :D I too want Tim Gunn to adopt me!!! I also LOVE Lipstick Jungle. The season opener was the best by far!!!!! 8-) LOVED< LOVED< how Nico started laughing!!!!!!!.
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

24, Bones, and House are my favorite current TV shows. I never miss an episode thanks to my trusty TiVo. I do like to watch, CSI, CSI: Miami, CSI: NY, Without a Trace, Monk, Psych, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Burn Notice, In Plain Sight, and Family Guy. I'm not as adamant about not missing an episode of those programs, though. It depends on my mood and whether I'm currently reading a really good book (which is almost always now).

My favorite uncurrent TV shows are Charmed, Futurama, Friends, and Dead Zone.

The only reality TV shows I'm into are The Amazing Race and Mythbusters.
Last edited by jenni_elyse on Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Thank you all for the thoughts. It is one of those things that won't be better soon (too many stubborn people), but there is always hope and I deeply appreciate the comforting thoughts!

I can't believe how many shows there are out there. I LOVE NCIS, an ex-coworker of mine - her dad is an NCIS agent and occasionally offers advice. It's SO cool! Unfortunately I really don't get to watch a lot of television and I prefer reading, but when I can (and Tivo is functioning and/or not getting bumped by hubby programs) I like to watch House, NCIS, CSI, CSI: NY, How I met Your Mother, Office, In Plain Sight, and Law and Order: CI. I also enjoy the following cooking shows (since you don't have to watch them in order! :D ) Diners, Drive-ins and Dives, Barefoot Contessa, Paula's Kitchen and Guy's Big Bite. I like to watch Project Runway, but typically wait until the all day marathons on weekends. Tim Guin is fabulous!

Honestly though, I only watch a few hours of television a week, excluding the news I listen to in the morning while I get ready and in the evening right before I go to bed. Plus, I work more than one job and volunteer so I'm home late most evenings.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
37yearoldfan

Post by 37yearoldfan »

I love NCIS. It is a good drama with some comedy mixed in. I think Zeva needs to give in to her feelings for Denozo though. It is so obvious that she is infatuated with him!

I like CSI and CSI NY. I can't stand David Caruso so, I don't watch Miami.

Does anyone like Kyle XY? It is currently the off season for it. But, I think that is a great show. Also, I like Rescue Me. Though I did not like the minisodes they had this season.

24 will start next month...woo hoo!!
OCD
Wandering Through Town

Post by OCD »

Oh yeah - I am SO gonna love it here. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome, Oleander and Spooky! BlueStarlight ~ I agree, Joshua Jackson is ALL over Fringe! I love his character here, too - and he pulls it off sooo well. He always gets me crackin' up. I've got to check out My Own Worst Enemy and Mentalist, too, I think. But I'm so excited for you to get you hair done! I have an appointment next week - could it get here any sooner please?!

Nissanmama ~ I haven't heard about Privileged, but it definitely sounds like I need to check that one out. Bac ~ I love LOST (The first time I watched it, I busted real OCD on it one summer and watched the first 2 seasons, back-to-back-to-back. lol - it was insane!) I'm kinda with you on Heroes, though... I liked it at first, but it didn't bring enough draw to get me to come back and watch some more....

Dimber ~ I love Grey's Anatomy - I never miss a show! But 37-year-old-fan? You've got a point - lol - I still love the show, but they do need to work on a new story line. How 'bout Sarah Connor Chronicles, though! Weird, yes - but I love it all the same. And this last episode was a trip!!!

Lipstick Jungle. Kimberli - I could watch that season opener over and over again, if I didn't care about getting anything done all day. ;) *sigh* Hot DAWG, Kirby... You wanna give ME your number?

My hubby just laughs at me.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

37yearoldfan wrote:I like CSI and CSI NY. I can't stand David Caruso so, I don't watch Miami.
I am SO with you!! He is one of the worst actors in the world. He makes my skin crawl every time I see him...

Welcome OCD! I love your name. Hey, I'm in the Central Valley. Yay, we can add another Cali-Twilighter to the group!

I've hear the Sarah Conner Chronicles is good, but I haven't watched it.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!