Gutter Gals & Guys -- Rainbow Popsicles. The Discussion.

Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys -- Rainbow Popsicles. The Discussion.

Post by Destani »

DanyaO wrote:
Spooncha wrote:P.S. There's another vampire movie called "Let the Right One In" that's supposed to be really, really good. I want to see it, too.
Yes, I get chills every time I see the trailer!!! {{shiver!}} It's a Swedish movie. I also really like the look of "The Fall"- it seems to be a beautifully filmed movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO0LYcCoeJY
I've seen The Fall. It is really good. The film style is beautiful and the story is very compelling. I would definitely recommend it.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

The Black Dagger adventure....
You have to endure my day with me. First, I went to my locas half priced book store. I picked up book 2,3, and 4 or fthe BDB. Then I sent to another Half price books and they had one book, bit it was one I had just purchased. Okay - so I'm clearly going to have to pay full price for book one. Now, I can't have everything but the first book. I go to a close Borders Bookstore. They had all the books except Dark Lover!!!!! So, I was NOT giving up... now I was on a mission. I went to my local largest Barnes and Noble. Good Lord... they had every book except the first on. I asked her to call the closest Barnes and Noble, which is tiny so I didn't feel the vibes. That was confirmed. Then I asked her to call Seattle (not that far, but now I've been driving all day!) which is a huge store. BINGO! They had it and off I went. 5 stores!!!! OMG!

I have read 2 pages. Do I need to read the glossary in the beginning?

DaynaO... thanks, I never would have seen that trailer. It was interesting. It isn't the kind of movie I would see without high recomendations. Even then. I don't know but I must say it interested me enough to watch the whole thing.

Inspired! Thank you. You should take a bow. Amy nastyness Winehouse guttergirl! Nice. Good call.

You could not pay me enough to bake with K-Fed, Kid Rock, Snoop Dog, Flave, Lindsay, or Brittany. I also think I'd have to pass on Brett Michaels (while he is okay to me) and I have not forgotten Agulara's skanky days. Oh year and NEVER Tommy or Pamela. I am just trying to be an equal opportunity thinkier.

The only one who is okay is Collin Ferrell.

Oh good gosh - I am going to have to give my BDB characters much cuter images (if I give them images) -Vin Dessel is not going to work for me.

Cullengirl! Dennis Rodaman... onother nice one. GutteeEEEWWWWrrrr Did we really go through 11 pages over the weekend? WOW!
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

i'm really going to have to plow through the Sookie books because i'm feeling left out now! is everyone reading BDB now??? hopefully my copies come in soon.

guess guttery fanfic will have to fill my smut quota until i start BDB. While True Blood might be really guttery, the books aren't, so much.
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Inspired wins for finding the most awful gutter train wreck! Amy Winehouse fits the bill!

The Fall looks amazing - this is SO my kind of movie based on the trailer... Is it out, DVD? New? Old? Please share!

Spooky - tough day! I wish I could have gone to Seattle, though! (miss it, miss it!) You beat me - I only had to go to 3 bookstores to get my set (well, 4 if you count that I went back to the same store 2 times).

Oleander - Jump in and have fun - BDB is worth it. I can't believe when Nima first suggested it a month ago, I thought, "Oh, this isn't my kind of story." :lol: I better start hitting the used book store for Psy - What is it again? More importantly, who is the author and am I going to have to go back into "THAT" section of the bookstore, again? (secretly excited if the answer is yes!)

CG - sorry you missed 11 pages - I'm frighten if I only check in once a day... I can't imagine being gone for a weekend! Oh, and HEY - I FINALLY understand your "location!" :twisted:

Lastly, I'm with Spoon in wondering about the blackout on movie talk. I don't want to read anyone's comments until I've seen (and I won't post any). Luckily, I am going to the noon show on Friday!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

i should hopefully get my BDB books tomorrow in the mail! along with my birth control! so its a happy day tomorrow yes! haha
I saw snoop dogg on TRY Finale and he was looking guttery with his Pigtail braids=

pete wentz said he went to china town and got a Bootleg copy of twilight- i wonder if he was serious.
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

twilightmom wrote:The Fall looks amazing - this is SO my kind of movie based on the trailer... Is it out, DVD? New? Old? Please share!
It's out on DVD now. My husband works at a video store so that's how I learned about it/saw it.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

http://thesuperficial.com/2008/11/hugh_ ... rk_out.php

i don't know if you guys have seen these, but its offical that man makes me feel-very-dirty- in a good way.

I think his body is awesome- and i like my men to not look like hairless cats so this is nice! he looks awesome!
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

This is a public announcement: Nena, you are the best! Thank you for sharing your treasure trove!
Sunday afternoon - I'm supposed to be writing report cards - what am I really doing? Reading Dark Hunter 1!
:twisted: :shock: :oops:
This doesn't qualify as a Danya/Joe tale (those are way more endearing that this exchange):
Me = I just finished reading the book my dear Lex friend sent me
Hubby = Was it 'powerfully intimate'? (This phrase was coined by my friend to describe BDB)
Me = Oh YEAH!
Hubby = Does this lead to more Happy Wife Syndrome?
Me = Only if the hubby behaves (because if I hear one more crack about effeminite [spelling?] vampires and how counter-Canon the Twilight vampires are, I may have to slay him!)

Please let me know about the morotorium [spelling?] on talking about the movie. I don't want to spoil anything.

The guttery-in-a-bad-way list is so dead on, it's scary. Thank goodness we are all good-guttery!
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Hey All My Gutter Mates!

Just wanted to drop in and say "Hi", I'm almost done with book 1 of BDB and I'm loving it so far. I actually have to admit some of the book made me blush and that's a hard thing for me to do but I've never read anything like this before.

I know everyone has their own opinion of Wrath but right now I'm seeing Billy Wirth in my mind. I know he's not as bulky but the long hair, skin color, etc.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
Spooncha
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Spooncha »

twilightmom wrote:I better start hitting the used book store for Psy - What is it again? More importantly, who is the author and am I going to have to go back into "THAT" section of the bookstore, again? (secretly excited if the answer is yes!)
Snort. Join the club! The Psy/Changeling series is by Nalini Singh. Very, verrrrrry good books. And yes, they can be found in that section of the bookstore! Go proud, woman!

Since there hasn't been an official statement about the nix on movie chatting, I'm respectfully requesting a week-long blackout on The Gutter. Just seven days. If nobody else wants a blackout, it's not a big thing, I'll just wait to check in until I've seen it. Should we vote or something?
"Don't make us bite you in hard-to-reach places!"
-The Tick

http://www.myspace.com/ichamama