Gutter Gals & Guys -- Rainbow Popsicles. The Discussion.

cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys -- Rainbow Popsicles. The Discussion.

Post by cullengirl »

Good Morning, Gutter!

It's snowing in Chicago! I had to do a double take when I got up this morning.

I know that we can't discuss the movie, but I hoped everyone had a good movie experience and no one was bombared with screaming teenie boppers.

LOL, oleander, after reading Wrath's book I avoided peaches at all costs.

N'mama- I hope you have a safe trip back home and had a blast at UT for the TW movie weekend.

QOTD: There are lot of places that I would love to see, especially Turkey. I've heard the country is so beautiful and rich in its history. Just the fact that it is placed right smack in the middle of Europe and Asia is so cool. I'm hoping that I go there after I finish grad school.

Today's QOTD: What song or songs that you think should have been put on the TW soundtrack? Don't post the lyrics, but rather post a link on Youtube so we could listen to it.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Misfit
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Misfit »

Well TwiDealer and I have already seen it twice and she wants to go again. My first opinion on it was BLAH after seeing it a second time I was like...WOW what happened. Not sure totally but after thinking about it I Think there was a sound problem at the first theater because the second just SOUNDED better. TwiDealer wants to see it again on Wednesday night after we get the kids to bed so we will be heading over again.

Nobody and I mean nobody can beat us on the amount of tickets we have physically purchased for the show as we were the organizers of a large group on Friday. I said on the front page that we purchased 40 because I was not sure but TwiDealer informed me it was much much more we paid for half of a theater seriously. We got paid back for it but it was all on our credit card for a couple of days. CRAZY.

As for books I just finished book 5 of The Ranger's Apprentice series an amazing story of an orphan in a made up but ground in reality world. The stories are good hardly any romance and fairly short but almost all action packed. I highly recommend them they have 8 books out total but 6-8 are not published in the U.S. yet. Very easy reads and they have a good humor about them as well.

Hope everyone is doing great.
Misfit.
*Reading is Sexy*
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

QOTD: I don't know enough about current music to add anything. I really like the soundtrack and I think the placement of the songs was good. Okay, I have lots more I could say, but don't want to break the no movie discussion!

CG - My sister just moved to the Chicago area and into her new house this past weekend. Their furnace did not work yesterday morning! Brrr!! No snow here, but bitter cold.

Book update: I have finished reading the BDB!! It's been less than 24 hours and I'm going through reading withdrawl! So, despite the need to save money, I just got on Amazon and ordered P/C - I got free shipping and 1 book free, so not too bad for 5 books! No Christmas presents for me this year!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

QOTD- i feel like.. well i love the muse song on there- i feel like any other muse songs could have been added- SM's playlist was full of MUSE.. i love timing is running out and Absolution. One of the reason's i got into reading twilight was because SM said Muse was a big inspiration to her- i feel like they should have had two tracks on the soundtrack.. and paramore- One.

Shannon is sending me BDB- because she loves me =) so i get to be on the INside very very soon.

amazon still hasn't refunded me for the mistake in shipping-- i am very irritated with that.
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Post by Nena »

Hey all, since we are getting ready to go onto another new Gutter thread I thought it would be cool to get a tittle for the gutterites themselves.
Once we have a few we can take votes again :)
Misfit
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Misfit »

Instead of Men Behaving Badly how about this title.

Gutter Gals & Guys -- Vampires Behaving Badly. The Debate.

Gutter Gals & Guys -- Paranormal Studs & Babes

Gutter Gals & Guys -- The Spider Monkey Wantabees

That's all I have for now.

Misfit.
*Reading is Sexy*
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Misfit - those are some nice choices. I was thinking about our recent discussion about fruit...

Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

I'm not so creative, but the peach discussion has been killing me!

Where did Rainbow Popsicles come from? I wasn't on LEX back then!!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
vampman
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by vampman »

Interesting question Nena!

I thought a little BDB reference would bode well considering how many people are/have read it!

Gutter Gals & Guys Where Vampires are all the Rhage!

I don't know that I will be back before Thanks Giving. So to all my guttermates, I wanted to wish everyone a most Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone has a lot to be thankful for this year!

I know I certainly do. I am thankful for my twin! I am thankful for spending Thanks Giving with family from afar
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

Great idea Nena for polling us for a name.
I would have loved to have tied it in with the discussion we had about buying real estate and that "housing development" that Oleander and her twin were constructing. Sadly, I have been to one too many meetings today, so all my creative juices are fried and dried.
Email notification still not working - anyone have any suggestions or ideas why?
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I'm baaaaaack....and I have pictures. Don't know that I'll upload any of them...hehehe Nena and Dancing Queen...that's all I'm going to say. Some of the Gutterites I got to meet in person this weekend were Nena, Sprtygal, Alice's Grandma, Variety, jenni_elyse, love2dream, canzonebella, danobanano, and bac. I got to meet several more SLTA's who aren't regular posters anymore, but a ton of fun to party with!

Gotta unpack now, but I'll catch up tomorrow when the kids are at school. Ahhhh, it's good to be home. :D
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry