Gutter Gals & Guys -- Rainbow Popsicles. The Discussion.

vampman
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys -- Rainbow Popsicles. The Discussion.

Post by vampman »

Twin,

Of Course you have my support! Anything I can to do help, I have your :D back. Thanks for your kind words You Rule! This ones for you! my vision of Wrath long hair, long black trench coat, even the hat and basically a bad Why are we talking about a donkey?!

This is my Beth Megan Fox

I have read the first 10 chapters of Wrath's book I am only at the part where Beth had a nightmare of someone attacking her. So far I am loving it! Not gotten to any of the gooey graphic stuff yet :lol:

QOTD, the stupidest thing I have ever done for love was pick up and leave everything behind and follow a woman (which I thought I was in love with) cross country and like my twin with no place to live no job etc. She turned out to be a psycho stalker!
Last edited by vampman on Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

Thanks for today's PSD NiMa. I was actually able to see a couple of them.

QOTD: What's the dumbest thing you've ever done for love?
i let a guy make me run laps up two flights of stairs and around my high school because i thought if i wasn't so fat he'd like me. oh, and then i developed an eating disorder. oh and then i got sick and passed out a lot.

that's pretty damn dumb if you ask me.

i was always so desperate to fit in that i let people walk all over me. so really, the answer to this question is EVERYTHING i've done for love has been stupid. ;)

i'm much older and wiser now. maybe that's why i'm single? ;)
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

vampmadness wrote:In your list of MW movies you did not mention Boogie Nights! :D I know you've seen it!
Believe it or not, I haven't seen Boogie Nights. I also haven't seen his recent releases, which weren't stellar. I'm excited to see him in "Lovely Bones" in which he plays the father. If you haven't read the book, you must. It's excellent, but very sad.

inspired- You'll the love the other shellans too.

N'mama- I'll be reading DH shortly. I just have to get things sorted for school and make some important decisions as to where I'll student teach, when to leave work, etc. As always, everything happens all at one time.

QOTD- It wasn't love but more of a stupid high school infatuation, but I started to do poorly in my classes because the guy that I had a crush on was a slacker and poor student. I thought he would take more interest in me if I wasn't too nerdy. :roll: And oh, I found him on facebook and he's total washout.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
inspired
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by inspired »

cullengirl wrote:Believe it or not, I haven't seen Boogie Nights. I also haven't seen his recent releases, which weren't stellar. I'm excited to see him in "Lovely Bones" in which he plays the father. If you haven't read the book, you must. It's excellent, but very sad.
I loved Lovely Bones. its one of my favorite books, but you are right it is incredibly sad. I didn't know they were making it a movie! I can't wait to see it, when is it coming out?
found by MMETP, courtesy of em3228 @ photobucket
vampman
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by vampman »

CG posted a couple days ago a Kstew interview and thought she came off as bitchy. I could not agree more. I came across this interview from last week. I am really not liking Kstew. She comes off as really arrogant. However, she is only 18!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

inspired wrote:I loved Lovely Bones. its one of my favorite books, but you are right it is incredibly sad. I didn't know they were making it a movie! I can't wait to see it, when is it coming out?
According to the Internet Movie Database, it's slated for release in 2009. It's been directed by Peter Jackson (from the Lord of the Rings fame). It's got a great cast, check it out! Apparently, Ryan Gosling was suppose to be the father, but he backed out and now MW is playing that role.

Mad- I can understand her frustrations with rabid fans, but the way she did it is so unprofessional. She even admits that her other films that she's working on got funding because of all the hype of the TW movie. And really, she's isn't all that.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
vampman
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by vampman »

CG,

I agree about the way she handled the rabid fans. She could of handled that question with a little more tact. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

I was really peeved about how she talked about RP. When she had to talk him down so he could do a scene. I just thought she was saying "I am a better actor than you are". She has really rubbed me the wrong way.

And doesn't she ever smile? 90% of the pics I have seen of her she has no expression!
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

vampmadness wrote:CG posted a couple days ago a Kstew interview and thought she came off as bitchy. I could not agree more. I came across this interview from last week. I am really not liking Kstew. She comes off as really arrogant. However, she is only 18!
I actually really liked that interview. I don't think she comes off as arrogant at all. I think she's just trying to wrap her head around it. Now the interview CG posted was a little not to my liking, but I think like you said, she's 18 and this is her first HUGE role. She's probably just new to this sort of thing and not sure what to make of it.
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I have to agree with jenni_elyse on both accounts. The frst interview was arrogant, this one was young and frank and, I felt, sincere. In fact, living with a seventeen year old and working on soul-bearing college essays, I'd say she's relatively articulate, even when she's being arrogant. ;) I agree about the smiling thing. Not enough of it from this cast at all. I feel like Victoria is the only one smiling! First love is supposed to be giddy and fun as well as consuming. I'm hoping for more smiles in the film itself since marketing and advertising seem to want to capitalize on the danger and dark side of the story. Interestingly enough, the dark part was the hardest part of the story for SM to get across. She even seemed annoyed in interviews sometimes. But we heard the story through Bella's thoughts and Bella was never really scared so we didn't feel that sense of danger either. That's some of what I loved about reading MS and even parts of BD, it gave us more of the dark side.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Inspired: I finished Rhage's book last night (stayed up until too late, but couldn't put down). I started Z this morning over breakfast w/kids. I don't think I'll have a lot of time during the day today to read (both kids home on Thursdays). I'm glad you are re-reading, I bet it will have things in it that make more sense the 2nd time around (and with the first two books read). I'm coming up with "theories" for the stories and I'm dying to find out if I'm right... (I do this with movies and TV shows too, people don't like to watch with me!)

Vampman: This is/was my image of Wrath when reading Book #1 - just add glasses.

QOTD: Well, this isn't the dumbest thing, but it's something I've always looked back at and regreted... My Junior year in HS, the senior brother of a really good friend asked me to prom AS A FRIEND. In fact, he and I and our whole families were friends. I said "NO" because I was so "in love" with another boy and wouldn't go with anyone but him. Said boy was already going with someone else (as friends). So I sat home, alone the night of the prom. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!! (Said "love" and I did date for 2 years after that!)
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!