Gutter Gals & Guys -- Rainbow Popsicles. The Discussion.

twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys -- Rainbow Popsicles. The Discussion.

Post by twilightmom »

Okay, so I don't post for a whole day because I can't put down my BDB book (oh and well, taking care of the kids all day!)... You guys put up 3 pages!!

Let's see QOTD: Unfortunately, I am one of those people who dwell on things until they go away. In my mind I have all sorts of great arguments, etc. I will listen to music LOUDLY and a drink (or two) will help. Especially if the bad day is due to two adorable kiddos. I wait until they go to bed, pour a glass of wine, turn on music or watch TV. The bad mood tends to go away by the next day (unless it is my husband that caused it!)

Brad/Matt: Both very attractive men. Like some movies, don't like others. Don't mind seeing nice photos of them! That whole Matt Damon/Jimmy Kimmel/Ben A. thing was SO FUNNY - I had seen it before. LOL.

Wingtear: Sorry about the day at Ikea... Going to Ikea should be a fun trip! At least it is for me!

Spooky: NICE JOB on the "fancy" links!! Very good job! :D

That covers it... Off to read more BDB!!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

Spooky, I'll definitely listen to a Harry Potter and get back to you.

Spoon, Ben and Jimmy's response to Sarah and Matt is hilarious! My hubby showed that to me a few months ago.

Brad Pitt: My hubby thinks he's him. :roll: I love Brad Pitt. I think he's quite handsome and I think he acts very well. I've loved him ever since A River Runs Through It. I love his smile. I can't remember which movie it is that he looks away as he smiles, but I just get all swoony when he does it.

QOTD: How do I get over a bad day? I'm like TwilightMom, I dwell on things. However, I do try to do something to get my mind off of it, like read, watch tv, clean, etc.
Last edited by jenni_elyse on Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

QOTD: How do I get over a bad day?
I vent to my husband. If I'm angry, I listen to loud angry music and shout along with it. If I'm sad, I listen to depressing music or watch a sad movie and cry. I take a long hot shower.

Someone mentioned that a sense of humor helps make a guy more attractive. I have to agree. That's one of the things that I love about my husband, he can usually make me laugh. I would say always but when I get really depressed I don't want to laugh so I have to tell him not to even try then. But he and I have the same strange sense of humor. It's funny because we usually think of the same joke at the same time but one of us will decide not to say it (either because it's too cheesy or just plain wrong) and the other goes ahead and says it anyway. It's really more sarcasm and stupidity than jokes, but it's funny to us. Anyway, the point is, a sense of humor is very sexy to me.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
Variety
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Variety »

Holy crow! I miss checking in on the gutter for a couple days and there's almost 15 pages. Now, I know I don't post regularly, but I do check in daily (except for this weekend, *snif*). So, a few comments . . .

For all of you who don't care for audiobooks, it could be you're a visual learner. I am, I know. I don't learn well in lecture settings. I need to see something in order to internalize it. So, I don't do well listening to books. I've listened to some, and forget too much, or zone out frequently. I've even listened to books that I've already read, and find I still zone out.

We eat game meat at our house, because my husband grew up hunting. I don't like ground deer very much, so I usually mix it 2 to 1, but opposite of GNE. I mix about 4 pounds hamburger with 2 lbs ground deer, and cook it all at once, then freeze it. I do like deer steaks, and we've had elk, which I like better, but I'm not much of a red meat person to begin with. I prefer chicken. It's hard to describe what it tastes like - it is gamey, but I don't know if it's like duck, skylar. But GNE's right, it's so much healthier, because there's hardly any fat on big game. GNE, can you give me your chili recipe? I have never found a chili recipe I really like.

How do I get over a bad day? I call for "me time," which is any number of things that I really enjoy, that take my mind off of whatever is wrong. Reading (getting lost in a different world), listening to music or making music (I usually pound on the piano when I'm mad), or watching tv (again, different world) or getting lost online are my favorites. I find that I have less "bad days" when I get regular time to myself. It's true what they say, "If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!"

Now, I should stop playing and finish studying for tomorrow's test - or go to bed so I can think tomorrow. But I was having lex withdrawals, and needed a fix. Like I said, I haven't been able to check in since Friday.
Where there is great love, there are always miracles. -Willa Cather
DanyaO
Wandering Through Town

Post by DanyaO »

Hi! It's me! I'm finally here!!! :) I thought I'd come here first. :D

How do I get over a bad day? I snuggle with my dogs.
inspired
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by inspired »

OME! We are finally in the prescence of the infamous Danya!!
WELCOME DANYA!! Its good to have you in the gutter. I know I speak for several of us when I say that I love the stories that Oleander shares with us. :D
found by MMETP, courtesy of em3228 @ photobucket
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

So Danya, does this mean that the unhappy crying face text message I found on my phone this morning means that you've finally finished reading BD???

This is a happy day! No more hiding in fear of spoiling everything!

Gang, for those of you who haunt the GenX thread (which is a lot, if not most of you), Danya O is the very same one from the series of Funny Danya/Joe Twilight Stories that I've been posting. See! She IS real!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Ah...welcome to Dayna of Dayna and Joe fame...it will be fun to hear your stories first hand!

So I was absent yesterday and have like five pages to catch up on...BUT I finishd DH #3. GNE will probably tar and feather me for this, but while I love the poor tortured soul and would be poet that is Talon, his wife was hysterical, and their relationship endearing (as well as really, really hot), the best part of the book was the multiple epilogues! Holy Crow! O. M. E!!!! Yeah, the complicated story just got more complicated. I so wish I had paid much better attention in Freshman High School English when we studied mythology in depth.

Today's PSD is Vane. I found myself totally drawn to this character even though we didn't get a whole lot of him...but his book is already written, I just have to get there. Vane shares some striking qualities with Jacob. I'm married to a Jacob. I suppose it's no wonder that I'm drawn to him. I actually had another actor in my mind while I was reading, but Josh Halloway comes close. Vane has chin length hair and is desribed as a sort of beachy god-like kinda guy.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
DanyaO
Wandering Through Town

Post by DanyaO »

Yes, it is I! And yes, I finished BD last night. I cried and cried and woke up puffy today. lol

So- I can't find this thread by going through the main page. LOL I had to search users, go to Oleander, check your recent post and find the Gutter there. LOL And where's GenX? I'm pretty savvy when it comes to message boards, but this one is confusing!!!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

*five url exception*

I kinda wish I could see the rest of this guy, or this guy, but Vane is a blonde. Perhaps tennis player Feliciano Lopez would do nicely?

So on to the Question of The Day: (Thank you by the way for providing one yesterday while I was otherwise...occupied :twisted: ) If you could be a supernatural character living your current life, who would you choose to be? Werewolf, Shapeshifter, Traditional Goth Vampire, SM Vamp, Greek Goddess, Shadow Hunter (Motral Instruments series), House of Night Vampyre, Comic Superhero, the possbilities are endless...just remember the parameters are within your current life.

*Discuss*

ETA: Dayna, this thread is in the Flight to Pheonix forum. When you click on the board index, click on Flight to Pheonix and then scroll down to the Gutter thread. On the right hand side you'll see the last person who posted. If you click on the little square next to their name, it will take you to the last post. Most of us just bookmark it in our favorites so we don't have to hunt very far. FYI, the board is constantly rolling. Current posts bring whatever thread they were on to the top of the list so the Gutter's place is not stationary, but usually on the first page because we're dang chatty. :D
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry