Gutter Gals & Guys -- Rainbow Popsicles. The Discussion.

cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys -- Rainbow Popsicles. The Discussion.

Post by cullengirl »

Oh boy! Where to start?

GNE- Ouch! I hope you're better today.

N'mama- 19 college applications?! You got to be kidding! :o :shock: Any chance FS could submit the same essay for a few colleges. I don't miss the process to get into college and I didn't even apply to half of applications that FS is. When I was applying for grad school: I had to write 3 essays, take & pass a standarized exam, and get 3 letters of recommendation. To finish grad school *crosses fingers* I have to take & pass 2 standarized exams, create an e-portfolio ( I have absolutely no clue what that even means :roll: ), and then get things rolling by looking for open positions. Yikes!

Favorite Healthy Foods- I like a lot of the snacks from Trader Joes- blue tortilla chips, fresh salsa, etc. LIke Una, I'm a huge fan of salads.

I had a Clueless moment today. I was ready to ship the BDB insider's guide to Nena. I had the box ready and remembered to bring in my book. When I went to the UPS drop off at work, I filled out the box correctly BUT I forgot to write the addresses on the box. *slaps hand on forehead*. I'm really hoping that the Bros don't get lost and it will reach Nena safely. :? Yeah, coming back to work after a two hiatus is not a good thing. :(
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Nima: I read one under 2 days -- that's teaching classes, going to lunch with friends, chatting on YM. I'm so excited that the books reached you in such a short matter of time. I only mailed them on Friday afternoon. YOu'll need to send the books to my SuperTwin when you are finished. If you finish while in Utah, it'll be even quicker for her to get them. I think Di's on the list after that. :lol: We need two sets of these floating around.

Nima, Una, & CG: Thanks for your concern regarding the twins. My skin is just a tiny bit tender, but otherwise good.

Re: Steph's music:
I like it. I already liked most of the bands she listed, so I just added them to my collection. I don't care for every song, but our basic tastes run similar.

VampSiren needs to get on here and tell us what she thought of The Time Traveler's Wife.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

So, I called UPS and told them that my boss sent the package without the label. :oops: Man, do I feel stupid or what? The customer service informed me that the package is going to be delivered back because it's not considered complete. :|

GNE- How can I get on that list? I promise to send it correctly this time. *kicks stone on the ground*
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Yes, well, I think I'll need to get on book lists now, too... I'm completely hooked on the "Gutter Book Club"! I bought BDB #1 over weekend and just finished. I went to used book store and picked up #3-6, and then went to B&N to get #2, because I can't wait to keep reading!! (And if there is still anyone out there that needs BDB, I will have a set to ship when I finish reading.)

Time Travelers Wife: I read that just before I read Twilight (early in summer). I really liked it, but I just knew how it was going to end (not specific, but general). I think I cried the last 1/4 of the book, waiting for what I knew would come. I get a little too emotionally involved with books and characters, and I was weepy for a week after finishing that book. That's why my friend recommended TW to me - good choice!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

QOTD: What are your favorite healthy foods? I love smoothies from Jamba Juice. I'd give up dessert for one of those. Other than that, probably a nice homemade sandwich, but that's it. I'm a junk food junkie. In fact, I made chocolate chip oatmeal cookies yesterday and brought some to work to share with my co-workers. They're replacing my lunch. :oops: In my defense though, they're the best oatmeal cookies ever! They're like eating mini oatmeal cakes because they're so moist and fluffy. If you want the recipe, PM me. ;)

Audio Books: The only audio book I've ever tried to listen to is scripture, which is hard enough to read without it being audio. So, I'm not sure how I like audio books. I have access to the Harry Potter series, maybe I should try them since I know the stories so well.

Stephenie's Music: Stephenie's taste in music is very similar to mine. That is why I want the soundtrack. I'm an alternative music junkie. But, I really do have an eclectic taste in music, so unless it's rap or country, I'll listen to it. Although I do like the Beastie Boys and Linkin Park, so they can kind of count as rap. I guess I just don't like R&B very much.

GNE, I'm glad you're doing pretty good. I hope you continue to recover quickly.

Nima, thanks for today's PSD. I love Russell Crowe. I'm also glad to hear FS is recovering. I hope the uncomfortableness goes away, so it's not so bad going back to school.
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

I tried to buy the EW today to take to the gym with me to ogle Rob (no shame in my game...that jawline is too precious not to ogle!) while i did my cardio workout and the new one still isn't in! Grr. So I had to make due with listening to Blue October while watching the financial crisis on CNN for the 25 minute treadmill session and then read the subtitles of the women on The View nattering back and forth when i was on the recumbent bike. Then my heaven-sent trainer Silas came along and put me through the circuit.

So, healthy snacks? I LOVE SALSA! I eat it with everything because it's considered a "free" thing on my program. I love dipping carrots and cucumber in it. I also love making homemade pita chips and dipping them too. Much like una, i also love salads. I never get sick of them but my co-workers get tired of watching me eat them every day.

GNE, glad to hear the twins are faring better after the hot chocolate fiasco.
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Healthy snacks: I don't know if it classifies as healthy since I got quite tummy-ace after eating a bit too much, but carrots is the thing for me. (BTW too much is like 1,5kg...)
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Healthy snacks, what are healthy snacks, I have never heard of such a thing. :mrgreen:
by Laniyeah on photobucket
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Bac, you are on to something. I wonder, do peanut butter filled pretzels count as healthy? I mean, pretzels are a "healthy alternative" to chips and peanut butter is all natural...right?!? Plus...fruit is very healthy and we all know that women gain certain health benefits from chocolate, so chocolate dipped fruit is healthy then, right? Oh, and what about wine, fermented grape juice is said to have health benefits. I realize this is all in moderation but aren't snacks by definition something in moderation??? 8-)
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

Okay Gutter Gals and Guys, here was my predicament today:
at work, my dear friend (who loves Twilight but refuses to join the Lex) came to me with a request -
"I've got marking to do, so to help me, can you show me some of that hip dent action on the Lex you were talking about?"
Do you know how hard it is to search old threads of the Gutter for specific links to hot-Rob or hot-BDB-like pics?
I was skimming as quickly as I could (it was at school and I *was* trying to write report cards at the time) but I couldn't find many.
Therefore, if anyone remembers the page #s where we had the invasion of the hip dents (she also wanted RPattz photos), please PM me or send me privately your photobucket links. Yes, I know she could just do a Google Image search, but what are friends for?
(Btw, an update: I bought myself a single ticket for the Nov. 20 showing of Twilight at 10 p.m. - I promised not to reveal a thing, and I'm hoping people don't scream throughout the entire movie.)
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!