Gutter Gals & Guys -- Rainbow Popsicles. The Discussion.

Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys -- Rainbow Popsicles. The Discussion.

Post by Destani »

una wrote:Oh Destani you had to take the high road and give us an utterly fabulous intellectual answer! :D Please tell me though, is this Dark Elf (I get shivers just thinking Dark Elf - a dark version of Legolas...*shiver*) handsome???
In my mind, YES! And he has lavender eyes (yummy) while the rest of his race have red eyes...kind of reminds me a little of Twilight. I don't like the cover art on most of the books though. I don't think they match his description at all. So I found a few fan art pics to share:

Drizzt Do'Urden 1
Drizzt Do'Urden 2
Drizzt Do'Urden 3
Drizzt & Guenhwyvar

QOTD: If you could pick any fictional mythology/world to live in (an alternate universe), what would it be? And why?
It's so hard to choose. I love any of the fantasy realms with elves, dwarves, dragons, unicorns, etc. If we could just somehow get vampires in there with them, I'd be completely happy. :mrgreen:
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Twilightmom, I know exactly how you feel. I was dubbed by the Gutter as "Flashlight Girl" because I had to hide and read them at home. :oops: My family is conservative and if they found out then I would be out of luck.. :cry: I'd like to think of BDB as my dirty little secret. :twisted:

Characters to share with my b-day...That would entire depend on my mood that day. I've got lists of literary crushes- everything from fun to very serious. I can't make up my mind.

Other world...Caldwell! :twisted: I would love to hang out at the Pit and the Brother's mansion.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Tamalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tamalyn »

vampmadness wrote: I have something to share. If anyone is ever in the mood for a good laugh you need to check out urbandictionary.com. If you have not heard of it before, it is basically a website that anyone can write a definition for a word. For instance I typed in KFC (WARNING the authors leave nothing to the imagination!) and what you see is what came up. Scroll through all the pages or type in your own word.
Urban Dictionary is one of my most favorite funny time-wasters. It's right up there with http://www.icanhascheezburger.com. My most recent favorite? "Aslan-is-on-the-move." I was browsing, and could not stop laughing when I read it. The site can get a little crass, but the humor is golden. There's another site kind of like it... I can't quite remember the name. I'll edit this post if I find it.

ETA - the other funny site is: http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

QOTD What fictional realm do you want to spend time in?
If I can't be in Forks, i guess i'd like to scale the hallowed halls of Hogwarts...if we're going with the 'fantasy' end of the spectrum.

BTW, great PSD! I love James Marsden.

Oh and to the person who posted the photo of my favourite two kiltmen, Gerard Butler and Ewan McGregor, I say THANK YOU!!
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

Nima, thank you for the picture of Ewan McGregor as a PSD. :) I loved it! The one with Gerard was nice as well.

I second the happiness of today's PSD with James Marsden. He's a hotty for sure too.

Happy belated birthday, Tamalyn!

QOTD: What fictional realm do you want to spend time in?
Here are my top three:
1. Twilight
2. Harry Potter
3. Star Wars
Last edited by jenni_elyse on Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Here is my attempt at the QOTD: If you could pick any fictional mythology/world to live in (an alternate universe), what would it be? And why? Wow. That's a deep question. I feel that I have such lack of fictional mythology and alternate universes - that I just don't have a clue. Maybe when I read all the answers I will have an idea. The only alternate univers that comes to mind is Labrynth and I like being me! I don't wana be any of them.

Twilightmom - I agree with Twilight and being Bella... and I'd hapily be a witch in Harry Potter, but do those count as fantasy and mithical? I have not read anything in the Romance section except my short stint with Danielle Steel... *shudder*

Okay Officially - I'd be a wizard in Harry Potter that would be great. (I wouldn't turn down being Bella!)

Kathryn Higel would have been a fantastic addition to Twilight. I think she is BEAUTIFUL. I loved her from Roswell the TV show and I have adored her ever since...

Just saw a twilight trailer... my hear beat a little faster and I was rivited. This is not normal.

I am waiting for the first BDB to come to th elibrary... is it a fast read - medium read??? I am kinda a slow reader (not including twilight) but maybe I should put book 2 on hold now. What is book #2 called, or easier, where can I find the info. Thanks! I will let you all know when I am reading Brotherhood...

Tamalin http://www.icanhascheezburger.com is a fantastic websire
and a fantastic Ipodapp
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Good Morning All! Hope you're having a great weekend!

If I could live in a fictional world...the first thing that came to my mind was actually Pern. I want to ride around on a dragon.

QOTD: Where's your favorite place to read?
I have corners all over my house that are set up to read. I think the one I like the most is the recliner that FS has taken over in his convolesence. It's really comfortable and backs up to a bank of southern exposure windows. About mid-morning when the kids are at school and the house is quiet, I can sit in that chair with the light and warmth of the sun regardless of the season. I do like to read outside in the summer, but it gets hot and there's bugs.

Today's PSD is totally for myself...Colin Firth in Roman garb as Aurelius
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Well, four weeks ago it was on a lounge chair by the pool, sipping my drink with an umbrella in it, while vacationing in MAUI without the kids! *sigh* I lived Twilight - reading all four books... It was amazingly wonderful!

At my home... Well, I like to read in the recliner part of our sectional, it's right next to a light and handy table to place my tea, or whatever I'm drinking. I also do read in bed at night. If it's a good book, I have no problems. If it's not a good book, well, I'm off to sleep!

Nima - I hope FS is feeling better! Any names for the pillow yet? I'm still trying to work on marshmellow, but not having luck. I think my head is too full of "goo" from the cold I got from my daughter. I am a walking germ-machine! :?
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Morning and morning... it's around 4 pm here :D
I've just clawed my new contacts out of my eyes (I'm supposed to wear them until Wednesday) when I realized that all was blurry on one eye, no wonder I've been having migraine...
I prefer to read in bed, since I can move around, sit, lay down etc. Out of the bedroom it's just anywhere that I can sit with my legs crossed, though preferably in a corner since people keep stumbling on me otherwise, because I'm a floor person...
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

Nima, Colin Firth is very yummy. He even has a pretty good singing voice. Thank you for today's PSD.

Right now, I have three spots. My absolute favorite place is to read while taking a bath. I love being in the warm water with a good book. I also like reading in bed and on the love seat, so I can prop my feet up while I read.

I also like to read outside in the Spring and Fall because the weather is perfect and the sun is usually out. It's too cold for that now, though.

When we finally move into our new place, we're going to get a chaise lounge, which I think will become my favorite place to sit and read, other than the tub. I'm so excited!!!
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::