Gex X--the 30 something thread

inspired
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Post by inspired »

Danya that story is hysterical! Thank you for sharing. My husband and I banter like that all the time too. However, he is actually reading the books *gasp* :o Today at lunch our conversation went like this

Maggi: I can't believe you don't have a jacket its so cold!
Steve: Nah, I am okay...running at a toasty one oh eight lately.

:D such a comedian...he then offered himself up as a space heater.

Twimom *bowing and claiming myself unworthy * YOU ROCK!!! The Lost Script was hysterical!! Vampman and I were reading it at the same time and we couldn't stop laughing. He askeded me to thank you while he's recovering from hyperventalating...*breathe, twin, breathe!*
found by MMETP, courtesy of em3228 @ photobucket
DanyaO
Wandering Through Town

Post by DanyaO »

Fun husbands are where it's at. Mine is resisting the books, as we saw this morning. I mentioned that people from here thought it would be nice to hear from Joe. He said no, and then this was our conversation this morning:

Danya/Joe/#27

Joe: So, I should join the Twilight Lexicon?
Danya: I don't think you have to join, but they wanted you to say hi.
Joe: I'll go on there and say - Dear Twilight Lexicon - everything said about me is totally false. I LOVE the Twilight series. My favourite part is when they keep saying 'Edward is so beautiful'. He is so beautiful.
Danya: (Unimpressed look)
Joe: NO wait! My favourite part is when he turns Bella into a vampire. It only took three books to get there.
Danya: (Unconfirming look - I haven't told him this)
Joe: What? That's what happens, right?
Danya: I never said that.
Joe: WAIT! No- she has an accident, and he has to change her in order to save her and makes her immortal.
Danya: (unconfirming look again)
Joe: That's what's happening in MY book. (Shouts all triumphant) An accident in the Audi HE bought her!!!
Danya: It was a Mercedes Guardian.
Joe: It's an Audi in my book. (Has voice where he's story-telling) "And even bullet proof glass..."
Danya: (interrupting) Missile proof.
Joe: Missile proof and it still kills her?
Danya: (whining) Are you going to start reading Twilight this weekend?
Joe: Nooooooooooo... (laughing)
Danya: You promised!!
Joe: (gyrating, and singing like he's in a boy band) "Promises are made to be broken..." That's Danya's lullaby.
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

*Snort* stuckinthetundra's hubby had this same problem. He'd heard too much about the books to read them. Refuses.

Not that it will help, but T-pa actually has read all four books, has an account here (which I think he's used maybe five times) and has even popped into chat sessions on occassion. He actually liked the books, but not in a girlie way. He rides a Harley, coaches high school football, lifts weights. He can testify that reading the books does not automatically make you sentimental and "fan-girlie" is not a disease caused by reading the series. Maybe you could fall back on, "If you really loved me..." :lol:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
vampman
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by vampman »

DanyaO,

That one had me in stitches! Joe kills me! I love the fact that you did not confirm how many books it took to turn Bella and then he guesses right about why she was turned. HA!

Joe if your reading this GO JOE!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

I'm glad you all appreciated the TW movie humor... I thought you might.

Dayna: Good luck - at least Joe talks TW with you... My husband won't get near it. But to be fair, he doesn't do anything sci-fi/fantasy or teenager. He reads non-fiction or serious stuff. He did make a TW reference the other day, and darn it, I can't remember now what it was. But it threw me off and he just grinned at me. So, I guess he is sort of paying attention! Tell Joe we all say hello!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
vamps4evr
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by vamps4evr »

twilightmom wrote:Rob will be in my neck of the woods on the 14th... And as much as I REALLY REALLY want to see him... I don't want to be shoved around by 3000 screaming girls (and women). Plus, what would I do with my kids?! :lol: I know, I'm a horrible ROB stalker, I mean fan, but I just can't do it. NOW, if I was going to get to meet him one-on-one (or with some of my Lex buddies), then I'd skip town to go in a heart beat!

Oleander - I haven't seen that news yet, I'll check it out. Is it a "poor Rob" situation? Do I need to comfort him? I fly right out! :twisted:
I so wanted to go see rob too, since that is my neck of the woods as well!! but I wasn't wanting to stand in the rain with crazy teens - plus my 2nd grader needed to be in school :(

I have enjoyed seeing all the shirts!! I love the what happens in forks stays in forks!! my sis and I are going, I think you said you designed it...can i get one :D

and what the heck - ive seen some going to 10pm shows on the 20th? all of ours are at midnight :( nad I don't think I could really watch it that late - and really watch...so we are going 10am ont he 21st!! sooo ready!

Denya I have LOVED reading your stuff..just LOVE it!! my hubby just rolls his eyes doesn't even want to hear it!! I have to chat with my other twi-moms about it... :roll:
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

i don't have much to post now that Danya is posting her own stories.

hmm...if only i could get Knuckles to be as witty as Joe then I could have my own stories.

sigh.

oh, but i can say that the movie opens here in less than a week! whee!
vampman
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by vampman »

oleander,

I am sorry that Danya stole your mojo! We all still enjoy all your posts so don't fret!

One week to go!!!!!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

i'm incredibly happy that Danya is here and that I get to share her with y'all, because she's fun, and kind of reminds me of Alice (you spritely little pixie!) I just need to find a new role now. ;)

maybe i should start working on the comic book version of Danya/Joe's Funny Twilight Stories. it's really too bad i can't draw. ;)
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Oleander I fully support you creating this book! And I am officially reserving my copy! :D

TwilightMom I feel your pain. My hubby is the same way. To complicate things, if he reads, he reads the same genre as your hubby, but he'd rather play computer games than read.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!