Gex X--the 30 something thread

ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Post by ellalou73 »

twilightmom wrote:
SO I just went online and bought my ticket (one, by myself, all alone). I'm going to the Friday 12:35 show - even if I have to bring my 2-year-old with me!

Shirt: I got mine on cafe press. There is a LARGE selection. I only got one, but may get more/other merchandise soon! Thank you GEN X/TWI-MOMS!! You've really made my life more fun!!
I am going on my own as well, I really want to go to the midnight showing but I have to get someone to trade me with a later shift at work so I can sleep in a bit. I have an hour drive home from where I work so I wouldn't get into bed before four am.

I looked at the shirts at Hot topic but they did seem a bit small in size. Still want one.
ChristinasHeadache
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ChristinasHeadache »

I am very busty. I hate clothes these days. Everything is skin tight. Like a can of spray paint ran past everyone. So I was looking for shirts and all I am finding don't look stretchy enough for me. I like my shirts not to smash my breasts into my lung cavities. It's frustrating. Am I the only person with this problem?
eliselovesedwardx is my TwiTwin!
E<3B Team Edward, Knight in Shiny Volvo!
WreckingBall Operator in EDC Inc.~Lets break down some houses!~
Jr Staff Supervisor in Wingtear's Non-Veggie Vamp Cafe
Elisa the Spanker in Twilight Mafia

jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

ChristinasHeadache wrote:I am very busty. I hate clothes these days. Everything is skin tight. Like a can of spray paint ran past everyone. So I was looking for shirts and all I am finding don't look stretchy enough for me. I like my shirts not to smash my breasts into my lung cavities. It's frustrating. Am I the only person with this problem?
Nope. I'm a 52DDD. My biggest complaint right now is that I can't find a swimsuit with enough support and doesn't show off everything I own. It's very frustrating.
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
EvrThinEvrMinEvrRs
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by EvrThinEvrMinEvrRs »

ChristinasHeadache wrote:I am very busty. I hate clothes these days. Everything is skin tight. Like a can of spray paint ran past everyone. So I was looking for shirts and all I am finding don't look stretchy enough for me. I like my shirts not to smash my breasts into my lung cavities. It's frustrating. Am I the only person with this problem?
I haven't been able to wear a button up shirt (without layering it with a sweater or vest)for years because of this problem. I swear everyone who designs clothes does so for girls who haven't grown breasts yet, even clothes that is geared towards women in their thirties.
Christie
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Christie »

I am with you there ladies...not a fan of todays tighty tight shirts...the twins are just fine without being shoved into a tiny shirt on display for everyone.
Could you say no to the Irish coven?
ChristinasHeadache
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ChristinasHeadache »

I just saw the cutest shirt I was going to get it but then the kids started whining they wanted a shirt too. Crap. lol. Penguins, lovely.
eliselovesedwardx is my TwiTwin!
E<3B Team Edward, Knight in Shiny Volvo!
WreckingBall Operator in EDC Inc.~Lets break down some houses!~
Jr Staff Supervisor in Wingtear's Non-Veggie Vamp Cafe
Elisa the Spanker in Twilight Mafia

Christie
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Christie »

that is too cute! I say get it anyway!!!

I am on glass o wine number 3.... :D
Could you say no to the Irish coven?
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

Well, I have decided to break down and buy a twilight shirt. I think I'll just go to Hot Topic and see what's available. I would really like a Team Edward Shirt, but again you end up with the tight fit, but still. I wish I had enough money for two or more shirts.

Now I need to make myself go to bed, but I find myself wanting to stick around and read the posts and news on this site. Aww well always tomorrow. Or later today.
inspired
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by inspired »

FYI busty ladies of the Gen-X thread! I feel your pain, I have a really hard time finding clothes that fit over the girls. I got a Twilight t-shirt for my birthday and HALLELUJAH IT FITS!! The shirt came from TwilightTeez and is the "american apparel" type (you can choose the type of shirt you want). It clings where it is supposed to (wihtout being obscene) and is loose where it supposed to be...very flattering.

Another option: Torrid is the plus size sister store of Hot Topic. Their T-Shirts run in women's sizes, not junior. Might be worth a try; I hope this helps!

ETA You don't neccesarily have to wear a plus size to benefit from the women's sized Tshirts @ Torrid. They are cut more realistically than in the jrs. section. The junior department was a bust for me even when I was a junior (no pun intended). I was never shaped that way. I love having a place to get fun tshirts that don't suffocate me or hang off me like tent. :D
Last edited by inspired on Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
found by MMETP, courtesy of em3228 @ photobucket
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

i LOVE the Torrid site! It's too bad i have a fear of buying clothes online now...otherwise i'd spend a lot of money on there. Such cute things for us more human (and above human) sized women. I've been lusting over a pair of plaid pants on there for a while now. I've had such bad luck buying t-shirts online (either too big or too short) that buying pants seems like a daunting task.