Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Bake and Bite: the, uh, racy parts

Post by cullengirl »

A place to discuss all things that make you shiver and squeal about the movie. Baking and all.

Please remember that the Lex boards are a PG-13 forum. If you're not sure what that means, see our Posting Rules here. And remember, there are lots of indirect ways of talking about, er, pretty much anything! We mean this!

Have fun!
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Bake and Bite: the, uh, racy parts

Post by GrayceM »

I absolutely loved all of those parts...the destruction of the bedroom was steamy, especially knowing why it's happening. They did a wonderful job compromising between fade to black and seeing enough to embarrass my teenage boys. I wanted to squeal but didn't want to risk missing any sounds...I think I was holding my breath...or maybe just left me breathless.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Grayce
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

One thing that clearly stayed in my mind was that I thought that I found teh reason why Rob worked out for this movie... his arms needed to me muscles enough to cover certain areas of Kris's body in that under the moon scene...

I was one of the bad ones that have seen the leaked pictures and it doesn't go unnoticed that they cut a lot of the racy bits out...because the pics looked a lot more steamy...but I do understand why they had to do it...

I love how they showed with Bella's memories how loving they had been...

It all makes me very curious to the next movie with the cottage scene...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
TwilightDawn
Settled in Forks

Post by TwilightDawn »

my Girlfriend caught that you see Bella's Nipple in the steamy scene at the midnight screening but when we saw it again the next day (the movie), it was like blacked out..
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

marielle wrote:It all makes me very curious to the next movie with the cottage scene...
I can't wait to see the cottage scenes! They never seemed to be clothed in the cottage, except when Bella burns the book, and I pictured the cottage looking very Thomas Kinkade like...
Of course, they may cut all of that out except the immediate reaction to the cottage and (hopefully) they show the closet. I've read that the scenes where she's remembering weren't actually out of a scene...guess they pieced together some parts of other takes. Oh! Maybe they will have all those on the DVD! :swoon:

Hey, does anyone know if they used any doubles for those scenes? It always seems that they look bigger in the movie. Immediately after the headboard scene it seems his arms loose a lot of that definition. Maybe it was because he looked tan in that scene... :? That would have been a good time to insert the line, "Don't worry, we belong together" instead of "That's ok".
Grayce
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

GrayceM wrote: I've read that the scenes where she's remembering weren't actually out of a scene...guess they pieced together some parts of other takes. Oh! Maybe they will have all those on the DVD! :swoon:
We can always hope! I think we would all spontaneously combust though! Swoon indeed!! ;)
GrayceM wrote: Hey, does anyone know if they used any doubles for those scenes? It always seems that they look bigger in the movie. Immediately after the headboard scene it seems his arms loose a lot of that definition. Maybe it was because he looked tan in that scene... :? That would have been a good time to insert the line, "Don't worry, we belong together" instead of "That's ok".
I defo don't think they used doubles. For one, Rob & Kris have spoken about filming of the sex scene quite a lot (did you ever hear the "thrusting" comment by Rob?? LOL), and two, there was a bit discussion about it when the headboard scene was first seen in the trailer. In fact, ROBsessed had a big article of how you can see that it really was Rob. Sorry I don't have the link right now, but maybe Caryn (JazzGirl) will have (if she looks in here!).

But yeah, like what others have said, I thought the scenes were filmed very well. Very romantic, beautiful music, incredibly touching performances by Rob & Kristen. Loved the scenes actually!! :D
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

GrayceM wrote:Hey, does anyone know if they used any doubles for those scenes? It always seems that they look bigger in the movie. Immediately after the headboard scene it seems his arms loose a lot of that definition. Maybe it was because he looked tan in that scene... That would have been a good time to insert the line, "Don't worry, we belong together" instead of "That's ok".
Rob has said in a couple (at least) of interviews that he pretty much completely stopped working out right after filming those scenes ... completely forgetting that he also had other scheduled shirtless scenes. He also told STV (Scotland) that in order to maintain that kind of definition he would have had to keep working out constantly, never drink beer, watch his diet constantly, etc, and he seems to enjoy living a leetle too much for that. (I totally support him. Life is for living!)

Yes, it would have been a nice place for that line, "that's ok" kind of killed the moment a little.

Hmm ... perhaps now, knowing that the scenes are not in movie and are unlikely to be released on DVD, I will allow myself to be bad and track down those stolen scenes ... sure I can't find them now though. *sigh*
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Honestly I didn't think it was that racy. I was expecting worse. They did it very tastefully.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Blossomforth
Settled in Forks

Post by Blossomforth »

pennybug84 wrote:Honestly I didn't think it was that racy. I was expecting worse. They did it very tastefully.
I agree with this. It was very tasteful -- not too much, yet not too little.

I noticed how, when Bella had her naughty dream, she was the one to take the lead with Edward. It was a bit different from what I imagined from the book, but I thought it was a nice touch. ; )
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

This is me diverting back to normal Gutter stuff, not just BD. Actually, it's Gutter inspired by fanfic.

I just read a fanfic where the author postulates that at the big O moment, Edward would lose his mind-reading ability. This makes sense to me as a possibility, although not a necessity. The thing is now I can't stop thinking that Edward would be committing Onanism very, very frequently, for more reasons than one. :lol:

Ahh. If Stephenie hadn't written the story so purely, there wouldn't be nearly as much behind-the-scenes "scope for imagination."
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901