Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Breaking Dawn the Movie-I didn't like it

Post by cullengirl »

Give us your constructive criticism of the movie. This is not a discussion thread, it's a review thread. Please be respectful of other's opinions.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Breaking Dawn the Movie-I didn't like it

Post by RebeccaCullen »

This is basically what I've posted over at Twilighted with a few changes because I'm not in the mood to retype everything.

I've seen the movie, and it felt like it was dragging to the point I wanted to fall asleep watching it, and part of me wanted to cry with how slow it was going. The wedding and honeymoon took like 40 minutes and the one scene I wanted to see, other than what Bella's dress looked like, was a grand total of like 30 seconds, and I think the reason it was so short has to do with Stephenie Meyer being a producer and having slightly more control over the movies. And seriously, they couldn't show Bella and Edward having their first dance but they could put in a watered down version of Jacob being a jerk and include the line where Bella says everything is perfect now that Jacob was there. And when did Taylor become taller than Kristen in like 4 inch stilettos? I could have sworn he was about her height in the last movie, maybe even slightly shorter, so there's no way he could instantly grow several inches on her while she was in her heels without a little help.

It was bad enough hearing that the one scene I really wanted to see, it included Jacob being tossed against a wall, wasn't included, but the fact that Edward was freaking passive about the imprint and Jacob seeing Renesmee as a teenager just ticked me off. And I could have sworn Jacob looked directly at the spawn, I mean, baby just after she came out of Bella (side note, I was hoping that they wouldn't've included the scene where Bella tells them what they wanted to name the spawn, I mean baby, because that scene in the book was stupid, and was even stupider seeing it on the big screen) and was confused as to why he didn't imprint then.

I swear, Edward working on Bella to save her life felt like it was overshadowed by the wolves attacking and Jacob imprinting on the baby, and saving the day.

They finally got Edward's Volvo the right model, too bad it was the wrong colour. Again. It's only been that nice shiney silver colour in the first movie *insert sad face here*. Did Volvo run out of the bright silver paint or something? And why did they change models again because I know when they were filming NM and EC they wanted to use the Twilight movies as promotional material for the XC model Edward drove.

Good lord, Alice's hair looked awful. And I wanted to take a pair of scissors to Carlisle's hair. Is it wrong I want to smack whichever idjit that decided to change the wig Ashley had to wear, because with the wig she had to wear this time around, she no longer looked like Alice to me.

ETA: I'm not trying to sound mean about SM being a producer, but the sex scene on the honeymoon was one of the few things I actually wanted to see because I was disappointed with it in the books. Now if that scene wasn't Stephenie's doing, I'll gladly point my finger at which ever person is responsible for the disppointment I feel towards that scene.

Also, with Steph acting as a producer this time, she has a chance to made sure that the family moments that wern't in the book make it into the movie because that was one of my biggest peeves about the book. Basically everything that could've ben a family momet between Bella, Edward and their daughter was given to Jacob. Screw the plot, I want family moments. And on that note, I'll leave before I make another reference to YuGiOh: The Abridged Series
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

RebeccaCullen wrote:And when did Taylor become taller than Kristen in like 4 inch stilettos?
I'm all for the free word of critics but let me correct you here... the scene in which Bell and Jacob dance... Bella wears sneakers... apparently she won the fight with Alice because at the moment Edward ditches his tie Bella gets to wear sneakers...
RebeccaCullen wrote: but the fact that Edward was freaking passive about the imprint and Jacob seeing Renesmee as a teenager just ticked me off
I think we are getting the freaked out Edward in the next movie, or as in the book Edward's focus is on Bella and in the book he waits for Bella to wake up and deal with it...
RebeccaCullen wrote:I swear, Edward working on Bella to save her life felt like it was overshadowed by the wolves attacking and Jacob imprinting on the baby, and saving the day.
Yes, I so totally agree with you... I really missed the small bits that showed how it's killing Edward to see Bella like that, while they are all replaced by wolves...
RebeccaCullen wrote:They finally got Edward's Volvo the right model, too bad it was the wrong colour
but at the wrong time!!!! it should have been a Aston Martin Vanquish in the wedding scene!!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

marielle wrote:
RebeccaCullen wrote:And when did Taylor become taller than Kristen in like 4 inch stilettos?
I'm all for the free word of critics but let me correct you here... the scene in which Bell and Jacob dance... Bella wears sneakers... apparently she won the fight with Alice because at the moment Edward ditches his tie Bella gets to wear sneakers...
Ooops. Wasn't paying attention to the finer details with that scene I guess.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

RebeccaCullen wrote:
marielle wrote:
Ooops. Wasn't paying attention to the finer details with that scene I guess.
;)
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house