Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Worried about Breaking Dawn?

Post by Chernaudi »

I'm not too worried about Brazil, inspite of the hostage deal in Rio and F1 driver Jenson Button nearly getting robbed in Sao Paulo. Secruity seems tight, police seem to be knowing what they doing and how best to do it, and everyone is in safe hands. The fans have also remained enthusiasic but rational, and have done a good job of policing themselves. I'm actually a little disapointed that some fans else where can't behave as well and that security hasn't done as good a job elsewhere as well, especially America and Europe :(

Extras and other personel have also agreed to sign confideniality agreements that they would have to pay a pretty hefty price tag to "buy themselves" out of it. Essentially, either shut up, pay the buyout fee, or get sued. So spoilers are safe for now.

Glad to see everying going so well so far for Kristen, Rob, Stephanie, the crew and fans.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

I'm curious about what everyone thinks about the "added scene" which is the source of all the latest hullabaloo. Don't get me wrong. I absolutely adore any opportunity we have to watch Edward & Bella bask in the joy and love of just being together in an environment free of pressure or danger. So, HappyGiddySmoochieEdward and his beautiful blushing bride kind of automatically earn my approval. However, there are a few issues I have. First and foremost, anyone who's looked at the latest pictures from Rio knows that, as of now, Edward is not wearing a wedding ring. This just snaps my teeth together something fierce. My second issue... again, love the happy loving married-couple time, just being. But, at the same time, you have Mrs Isabella Marie Swan Cullen voluntarily, joyfully and without reservation joining what is essentially a moving dance party while wearing 4 inch high heels. This strikes me as just the slightest bit Out of Character for our fair Bella. Thoughts, reactions, comments for the good of the cause?
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
JillOBean
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by JillOBean »

No Edward hair.
No Cullen Crest.
No wedding ring.
Bella in heels.

<< Ticked off Jilly.

That is all.

corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Jazz Girl wrote:I'm curious about what everyone thinks about the "added scene" which is the source of all the latest hullabaloo. Don't get me wrong. I absolutely adore any opportunity we have to watch Edward & Bella bask in the joy and love of just being together in an environment free of pressure or danger. So, HappyGiddySmoochieEdward and his beautiful blushing bride kind of automatically earn my approval. However, there are a few issues I have. First and foremost, anyone who's looked at the latest pictures from Rio knows that, as of now, Edward is not wearing a wedding ring. This just snaps my teeth together something fierce. My second issue... again, love the happy loving married-couple time, just being. But, at the same time, you have Mrs Isabella Marie Swan Cullen voluntarily, joyfully and without reservation joining what is essentially a moving dance party while wearing 4 inch high heels. This strikes me as just the slightest bit Out of Character for our fair Bella. Thoughts, reactions, comments for the good of the cause?
It seems like in a few shots I have seen that Kristen is wearing heels in one and something else in another. Maybe the heels are used just to give Kristen some extra height in some of the shots. She would logically not wear them, since she hates heels anyway and she just got off a long plane trip.

If Rob is not wearing a ring in those shots, that would be just bizarre.

I can imagine a possible scene where Bella and Edward might do a little impromptu dancing, if there was no other way to get to the pier except make their way through a block party. Maybe since the filmmakers are in Rio they decided to show off a little of the local atmosphere. Bella and Edward would certainly not go out of their way to party in the streets, however. They are on the way to consummate their marriage, for crying out loud. Let’s get real. The most dangerous place to be in the world at that time is between Edward and Bella and that honeymoon bed.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

corona wrote:Maybe the heels are used just to give Kristen some extra height in some of the shots. She would logically not wear them, since she hates heels anyway and she just got off a long plane trip.
Nah, you are forgetting that it was Alice who selected Bella's clothes...as we all know Alice has a thing for heels...what bothers me most is that at the end of the clips we see KrisElla walking Backwards on those heels without stumbling or falling, that is something Bella would never be able to do in her human form...
corona wrote:They are on the way to consummate their marriage, for crying out loud. Let’s get real. The most dangerous place to be in the world at that time is between Edward and Bella and that honeymoon bed.
And I could so see Edward using an impromptu celebration to stay away from that bed as long as possible...
Jazz Girl wrote:But, at the same time, you have Mrs Isabella Marie Swan Cullen voluntarily, joyfully and without reservation joining what is essentially a moving dance party while wearing 4 inch high heels
Caryn, I agree that it is a bit strange but Bella admitted in Eclipse that she belonged with Edward, that she had never felt better about herself than with him, so I think that they are going on, on that to show how Bella becomes more selfassured and becomes the woman who is able to stay strong for Edward and the dog

something else bothered me...the boat...
have you guys seen the pictures...surely the Cullens own something a little bit more grand and luxurious...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Marielle~ I can think of another reason why they might want to have a light-hearted moment before hitting the boat, and that would have more to do with the tone of the movie than anything else. And if what I’m thinking is correct, then it actually makes perfect sense.

If they are doing the full scene with Jacob at the wedding reception, Bella and Edward end up leaving under the pall of his assault on them. Basically it starts with him holding her hand up to his heart [mine is beating, his is not, you made the wrong choice, but I’m trying to stay neutral—got it!], and then goes downhill when he insults the bride about not having a “real” honeymoon, and then is “shocked, shocked” that Bella actually wants one. And then, let’s see, he grabs the bride around the arms with a grip like he is applying tourniquets, shakes her, has to be pulled off, and then theatens to kill the groom. And then he hangs around for a few hours until they leave, phases into his wolf form, and unleashes his howl.

The book then puts them on the plane, the taxi (I think), the boat, and then the island. That’s fine for the book, but for the movie I can see where they would definitely want some additional quality time between Bella and Edward before heading off to the island, in order to wash off a little dog stench and not tarnish the island love scenes.

I know this kind of contradicts my earlier comments about not being able to see how they could get diverted by the block party, but your observations and mention of "the dog" suddenly made me remember the wedding reception. If they do the whole Jacob scene, it suddenly becomes almost necessary to do something like this in order to transition everything properly.
Last edited by corona on Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Austin, I agree that, that might make the movie more flowing...
I totally forgot about the dog being at the wedding, ( I tend to do that)... I wonder how much of it they will put into the movie.
although the Rio scene we saw pictures of might be really cute and lovely, I wonder how much we actually need it...specially because they are already making so many small mistakes... like Edward's wedding ring missing, Bella walking backwards in 5 inch heels, Bella happily accepting being tossed in a party...
the book is so long and so full of detail, do they really need added scenes?
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

marielle wrote: something else bothered me...the boat...
have you guys seen the pictures...surely the Cullens own something a little bit more grand and luxurious...
Marielle~ The boat you've seen is just a launch, kind of a ferry boat to get them from one place to another. But, the one they are driving is a speedboat; small, sleek and FAST, something Edward would LOVE. It sounds like maybe they might be skipping the "big boat" altogether in favor of a few more interactive scenes like the one in question, so I'm betting that we won't see the sailboat. I'm kind of okay with that.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

I am with a lot of people on the no wedding band thing. What is up with that? That is so not right! Also, the hair deal is weird. VERY dark and short for Edward.

(I am just happy to see some of the sets pics! Caryn said in another thread this might be all we get!)
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

First I will say Thank you Caryn for the set pictures. Next I haven't had time to read every post however throwing in a street party or anything else that is NOT from the book makes me very ticked off! :evil:
Banner by TammyAZ