Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jill
Settled in Forks

Hello!

Post by Jill »

How did you pick your screen name?
Just picked a name I like.

How did you come to read Twilight and which book is your favorite?
I first heard about Twilight when Alphie recommended it on Sugar Quill (a Harry Potter fansite). Maybe because I hadn't read many vampire books, if any, I thought having a high school girl fall in love with one was an interesting and original idea. Then I read about it in more detail on Amazon.com and saw that it was indeed original - what with vampires choosing to abstain from human blood, a vampire leader building a family of like-minded individuals, and a vampire and a human forming a mutually respectful relationship. It also promised to be a warm book - something I greatly appreciate in books but seldom find.
I think Twilight will probably always remain my favorite book, because that's where we got introduced to the Twilight world and its characters and got hooked up on its magic.

Who do you like best: Edward, Bella, or Jacob?
Edward, because he always acts like a gentleman and because I find him the most interesting character in the books. Nor do I find his character unrealistic. I know people in real life who don't have any real flaws, and classical literature also abounds with such characters. For instance, Jane Austen's Mr. Knightley, Colonel Brandon, Henry Tilney, Edmund Bertram, Captain Wentworth and a number of his friends don't have any real flaws either. Nor does Mr. Darcy by the end of the book, and yet I've never heard anyone complain that after Elizabeth's visit to Pemberley he becomes unrealistic or that they had lost interest in him by the end of the novel. And they aren't all the same either, because people still have their own individualities - interests, personalities, worldviews, priorities, opinions, tastes, and backgrounds and circumstances of life that have shaped them into who they are - these are the things that flesh out characters, and not flaws per se, IMO. So I'm very glad that Stephenie has created several such interesting and agreeable characters who walk off the page.

Who is your favorite minor character?
Carlisle, because he's such a thoroughly decent person.

Where are you from? (general area like Montana, not exact town!)
New England.

How old are you? (in general, like teen, 20's, 30's, 40's etc)
30's.

Anything else you would like to share.
I'd like to add that, considering that Edward can't help being much more well-read, well-traveled, and well-educated than Bella, not to mention more experienced in life in general, it's really surprising that he doesn't intimidate her intellectually, and that it looks natural in the books. (Loved the scene in biology lab in Twilight where Bella refused to be bested by Edward and seemed to enjoy the "competition." Granted, she'd studied it before, but he'd been to medical school!)
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Re: Hello!

Post by nissanmama »

Welcome to the home of the happily obsessed. We love having new addicts post, it makes the rest of us feel more normal.

Make sure you check out the Newcomer's Guide. It will help you navigate the site. Meyer's Personal Correspondence is a must-read and I thought the Timeline was really interesting too. Have you already been to her site and read the outtakes, FAQ's and extras? So worth the time.

See you around the boards!
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Feathers
Lusting for Blood

Post by Feathers »

Hey! Welcome to the new Lexicon! I'm Ren, and if you need anything or have any questions, or just want to chat in general, feel free to send me a PM. I'm friendly!

Also, make sure you glance over Alcyone's Newcomer's Guide to the Lexicon 2.0 (The shinier, spiffier version) for rules and regulations, if you haven't already. :) It's great for a newcomer to get a start with the rules, and it's a good look-over for returning old members to see if anything's changed, but I don't think much has. :D

See you around~

<3 Ren
She used to be human, and then it changed. How did she die? Why did she meet James? One couple’s unlikely love story is another person’s untimely tragedy. Ashes
Ren's newest story!
-EB-
Wandering Through Town

Post by -EB- »

Welcome to the Lex Jill!! I loved that Bella never let herself be intimidated by Edward's intellect. She's just as smart, just needs the time to gain the knowledge. Have fun exploring.
Q: How does one insult a mathematician?A: You say: "Your brain is smaller than any Epsilon>0!"

a pet project to show my Meyer love:Image
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

Welcome to the Lex! See you around the forums, if you wanna chat send me a message!
~Elizabeth (formerly known as RealGirlsLikeFastCars)
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

Welcome! I'm Dark, feel free to PM me if you have a question, I jsut might be able to give you an answer! Also if you would just like to chit chat.

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
Jill
Settled in Forks

Post by Jill »

Thank you very much for your warm welcome! :D
bittenbyEdwardCullen
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by bittenbyEdwardCullen »

Hi and welcome to the Lexicon! My name is Alyssa. Feel free to PM me anytime. See you around the boards! :D
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

Hi! Welcome to the Lexicon, I'm Venecettia.
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

Hi I'm Karl. Just want to introduce myself
I'm new to the lex and I hope to see you
around the boards or even share a thread. :D
PM me for anything, I'm glad to help in anyway.
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ