Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Eclipse The Movie, Take 1

Post by marielle »

Yay.... they have posted a Count down widget on Eclipsemovie.org
207 days...........unbelievable
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
TeAm_EdWaRd
Wandering Through Town

Post by TeAm_EdWaRd »

Those 207 days will pass by SO quickly!!! :D And soooon the promo will start again! LOL
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

^^^OOOOOOOHHH yes.... I'm dying for Eclipse promo's

:lol:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

As I'm sick of hearing the media say things like... "a bunch of shirtless scenes"...
I hope David Slade keeps the part in Eclipse when Bella asks Jacob why he goes around shirtless so ignorant non-readers can FINALLY get why the wolf pack is shirtless.

I'm so sick of hearing or reading the media wonder why they're shirtless. They make it seem like Summit just wanted all these guys to be shirtless, just for fan reactions. If they read the books they would know but of course they didn't.
swedishskinjer
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by swedishskinjer »

Well, if people thought for a moment, then why would realize:

"Wouldn't their clothing tear when they transform? They don't look very wealthy, so they must want to conserve clothes..."

It's basic thinking, although I do wish that they could insert a line about the clothes to satisfy critics.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I am soooooooooooooooo glad that we don't have to wait a year for Eclipse! June doesn't seem that far away compared to next November. (But then how long will we have to wait for BD? I want to see the wedding!)

I seriously can't wait till we get some more either set pics or promo pics for Eclipse. But I do hope that we won't get as many trailers/scenes released like with NM. It was so hard for me to resist & I kind of hate now that I saw so much before the movie. (I read an interview CW did where he said he wished that they hasn't realesed so much too.) I might explode if they release as much as they did w/NM. I almost did w/NM!

switzgal wrote:As I'm sick of hearing the media say things like... "a bunch of shirtless scenes"...
I hope David Slade keeps the part in Eclipse when Bella asks Jacob why he goes around shirtless so ignorant non-readers can FINALLY get why the wolf pack is shirtless.

I'm so sick of hearing or reading the media wonder why they're shirtless. They make it seem like Summit just wanted all these guys to be shirtless, just for fan reactions. If they read the books they would know but of course they didn't.
When Kristen, Robert & Taylor were on Jimmy Kimmel Live (I think that was the show. Can you get it outside the US?) Kristen actually talked abou the wolfpack being shirtless and she said how it has a point to the story & that they don't objectify the men in the movie. But how many people watch that show? So hopefully yes there will be some explanation about it.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Rae Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Rae Cullen »

Yeah you're right pennybug84. They were on the Jimmy Kimmel show. I actually stayed up late to watch it and didn't Kristen actually explain why the werewolves went around shirtless? Well maybe she didn't, but still people who don't read the books so they can under stand what is going instead of criticizing the movie that they nothing about. It is really irritating :x .
"No one ever bets against Alice...except the wolves."Image Image
swedishskinjer
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by swedishskinjer »

Kristen did say that it was justified within the context of the story, yes. I think that she also mentioned how their clothes easily tear, making it important for the tribe to conserve as many valuables as possible.
Aus_Twilight_Fan
Settled in Forks

Post by Aus_Twilight_Fan »

i can't wait for Eclipse to come out on the 1st of July here in Australia, especially since it is my birthday that day.
Signature made by me. Avatar by AngelAtTwilight
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

^^ that's a very very nice birthday present....... :D

On the shirtless topic....
I really think the people who are writing about how wrong it is should read the books first.......!!!!!
they obviously don't know *not pg13 related word* about the story....

I have to admit I find it very annoying watching NM and all those girls around me started to giggle as soon as the shirts come off, and I hate it that due to Taylor abs so many girls witched team ( I feel like defending team Robward period) but it is the story....
Please people read the books before judging and before watching!!!!