Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Belice
Settled in Forks

Re: New Moon movie--liked it, but didn't like this scene/line

Post by Belice »

I saw that someone wrote that they saw Charlie yelling on the DVD...When did THAT come out?? Or when does it come out?? Anyone know?? I only saw the movie at the theater just once, that was all I could afford at the time. But I'd buy the DVD in a heartbeat.

My favorite part of the movie was when Jacob came barreling out of the house & morphed into a wolf on the fly...That was just awesome!!! Did anyone else notice that in the movie, they don't explain where the chlothes go when any of the pack morphs?? Also, after that first morph with Jacob, then Jared & Embry take Bella to Emily's, when Jacob & Paul get back from their ...scuffle, Jacob is wearing THAT SAME CLOTHES HE JUST BLEW OUT OF!!! That kinda messed me up a bit. :?

Belice
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

No he wasn't wearing the same shirt when he got to Emily's house. Watch it again. Two different shirts.
Anto21
Wandering Through Town

Post by Anto21 »

Hello!
I liked the film and I saw it three times! I can't wait for buying the dvd 8-)

The firts time I saw NM it was in Volterra, so you can imagine how amazing the situation was. I couldn't appreciate the film completely because of the emotions. The second and the third time I payed more attention to the dialogues and all the details.
Well in general I like how the book has been taken on screen..but ..there is a but. Something was missing according to me.

When Bella and Edward come back from Italy and they talk and declare their feelings, well that is my favourite part in the book (chap23"the truth": before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark but there were stars, point of light and reason...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty) and I wanted to see it on screen, but it wasn't there. Edward opens is heart telling Bella how much she means to him, it's a very important moment because we can really understand what he feels for her .
I'm a romantic person and this is one of the most romantic moment in the book for me, so this is why I hoped to see it on screen :oops:
look after my heart, I've left it with you
Edwardx01xCullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Edwardx01xCullen »

I do not like the leader of the pack of wolves. Sam or summat? The one who is due to get married to the girl with the scar on her face? He is supposed to be fit but he isn't. His voice would scare anyone in the dark. I have not seen it in a while though. Haha. Only twice and I was supposed to go and see it a third time, but unfotunately it did not happen. Haha. I love it but am sure I can think of some other reasons.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Belice
Settled in Forks

Post by Belice »

switzgal wrote:No he wasn't wearing the same shirt when he got to Emily's house. Watch it again. Two different shirts.
Thanks, switzgal...I could've sworn it was the same, but like I said, I only saw the movie once, so maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention to every detail. Rest assured I WILL watch the movie again. As soon as it comes out on DVD. :D I'll be watching it again & again & again & again...........Well.....You get the idea ;)
dazzledBrit
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dazzledBrit »

The fight scene with Felix & Demetri was obviously written by someone who did NOT know the saga. Edward and Alice's gifts are supposed to make them into really good fighters. I guess they'll just have to ignore that that bit got wrecked when they do Eclipse!
Rob's Halfway House member ~ Kristen, Rob AND Taylor fan - The Twilight pedant

Heading to Forks soon...
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

dazzledBrit wrote:The fight scene with Felix & Demetri was obviously written by someone who did NOT know the saga. Edward and Alice's gifts are supposed to make them into really good fighters. I guess they'll just have to ignore that that bit got wrecked when they do Eclipse!
Alice and Edward are really good fighters, but like Stephenie said, once you pick a fight with the Volturi, your story ends right there. Edward and Alice are really good fighters, but Felix and Demetri are super amazing fighters. The Volturi have the upperhand, for sure.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Re: New Moon movie--liked it, but didn't like this scene/lin

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Can not wait for this to come out in 7 days. What I liked about it was the fight scene they added to this even though it wasn't in the book. I need to see my man in action. What I didn't like about it was I understood the absence was important for Edward however they should've given him more screen time at the end.
Banner by TammyAZ
ameliax
Settled in Forks

Post by ameliax »

well.. i think that the whole jacob part is WAY too short..
and her birthday, he was suppose to be there! all the way through the day.. and id prefer the film scene to be in her house.. not school.

i dont give a crap about how long the film is, they should stick to the book, most of the way through.

when i saw the trailer i saw the fighting scene bit, and was like cool.. but then i read the book and i was like, if they have changed it i won't be happy.. then when i watched it i thought, i really dont like this, but it could be worse they could have accepted.. they shouldn't mess us around like that GRRR!

oh and the bit in the woods, i would like to have seen her be found by sam.. not just carried out looking half dead.. "/

i hate the screaming scenes a bit OTT. she shouldn't see edward 'til she is in the water! the motor bike guys scene where she gets on a random guys bike, come on?

tbh.. its nothing like the book, i would like it, if i hadn't read the book.. xx

and i dont think the acting from robert is as good as it could be.. I KINDA HATE IT! i cant believe i said that! xx
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

I liked the movie overall and will be posting more about it, in other threads, in the near future (now that I've got time on my hands for a week or so), but there were a couple of things that I didn't like that much:

-I disliked the fight sequence that Chris Weitz inserted into the confrontation with the Volturi (and in the "making of" documentary he explicitly claims that it was his idea to do so). That scene should have had plenty of dramatic tension without inserting some gratuitous vampire wire-fu. Yes, I know, other directors do the same thing all the time, but I don't have to like it.

-I also found that several scenes had a bit of a rushed quality to them that lowered the dramatic impact. The one scene that I was really disappointed by in this regard was the vote scene. This was one of the most important scenes in the book to me, and I was very disappointed with how Weitz raced through it so fast that you hardly notice it.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing