New Moon Trailer

Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Re: New Moon Trailer

Post by missp »

I read the books before I saw the movie. And, I simply must be honest...even if I am forced to my knees and shot by the firing squad...THE MOVIE WAS AWFUL, imo...of course. The casting was spot on...the actors embodied the characters for me, even if Kristen did seem a little less than perfect in the role. I blame that on directorship, though. I am not a fan of CH at all. However, the screenwriting was even more pitiful than the directing...Lord help that woman to use some common sense! And, I took offense to the field trip scene. A little bit of imagination could have been utilized in getting the point across without injecting something totally foreign to the book. I could tell by the first trailer that New Moon was going to ECLIPSE (pun intended) Twilight by millions of light years. Speaking of Eclipse, I so hope they didn't turn it into an action flick with no attention to the love triangle/story OR a horror flick because it is NOT a horror story. In my perfect world, CW would have been the director for every single movie. I am praying they bring him back to direct Breaking Dawn.
swedishskinjer
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by swedishskinjer »

Personally, I loved the Twilight movie just as much as the book. Thankfully, the movie cut down on Bella's excessive physical descriptions of Edward. :P I think too many fans were expecting them to cram too much in for a two hour movie. They did admirably with the material that they did use.

I also loved how the movie handled the ending and the prom scene. Adding Victoria in was a nice touch to set up NM.
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

This is random, but for anyone who saw the entire leaked breakup scene:
Did Rob say the line "It will be as if I never exised."
PLEASE tell me that and only that. I dont want to be spoiled, but i MUST know if he said that line or not.
I'm praying he did..
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
swedishskinjer

Post by swedishskinjer »

DramaPrincezz013 wrote:This is random, but for anyone who saw the entire leaked breakup scene:
Did Rob say the line "It will be as if I never exised."
PLEASE tell me that and only that. I dont want to be spoiled, but i MUST know if he said that line or not.
I'm praying he did..
Yup, he does say, "It will be as if I never existed" in the movie break-up scene.
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
"Does a dance*
I'm so going to cry..
I cant wait. Ha.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

So, has everyone bought their premier ticket for the midnight show? And what about the t-shirt to wear to the movie? I'm going over to cafe press right now to check it out. I would like to have 3 shirts...one for each time I plan on seeing the movie the first weekend it's out! :D
flutterbymonkeys`

Post by flutterbymonkeys` »

My friend is taking me to see New Moon, the tickets are already bought!!! :D and i have my team jacob shirt somewhere.... and i'll search for my jacob necklace, then get my dad to fix my Bella's bracelet :D
Lion+Lamb=Lochness Monster!
JN
swedishskinjer

Post by swedishskinjer »

Hey, guys.

I have a serious question: on IMDB, people can already rate New Moon on its official page. After 400 votes, it currently has a 6.2/10. However, IMDB doesn't let you vote on a movie until it's actually released. I have no doubts that anti-Twilight people are exploiting this to vote it down. What's happened over at IMDB?
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

swedishskinjer wrote:Personally, I loved the Twilight movie just as much as the book. Thankfully, the movie cut down on Bella's excessive physical descriptions of Edward. :P I think too many fans were expecting them to cram too much in for a two hour movie. They did admirably with the material that they did use.

I also loved how the movie handled the ending and the prom scene. Adding Victoria in was a nice touch to set up NM.
Bella's descriptions of Edward were things that I liked about her character. It shows how she is a (in her mind, an absolutely ordinary) human, trying to describe this otherwordly being. In the movie, we don't see any of that- we don't even know that she thinks he looks beautiful until the whole "sparkle" scene and she practically word-vomits it. :?

And Victoria at the end of the movie killed the scene for me. I understand that they did it to set up New Moon, but it killed the suspension of disbelief to have her there, at the prom. There's no way Edward or any of the Cullens would have let her get so close to Bella.
dopeydm

Post by dopeydm »

I really missed the conversations from the book. "Do I dazzle you?" and other small lines were how I felt their bond. The "OMG he is perfect" was okay to leave out, but it would have been nice to see her hold her breathe when she saw him or something more subtle to show how she felt. There is a way that you look at a person when you are in love with them that didn't really come across in Twilight. The trailer I saw with Bella and Jacob, I saw that look and am excited to see the entire acting of the love triangle.
"But you see, just because we've been...dealt a certain hand...it doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above -- to conquer the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted."