New Moon movie art

Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Re: New Moon movie art

Post by -Jasper »

Constantine and GuiltyPleasure, nice work!

Also, the official NM poster is amazing! I couldn't post a comment there, but I have a window open so I can just stare at it. :D
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Has anyone else seen the actual movie art?
I'm torn on it. I love the coloring and stuff, but the body language to me seems so...strange. I don't know. :?
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

debussygirl wrote:Has anyone else seen the actual movie art?
I'm torn on it. I love the coloring and stuff, but the body language to me seems so...strange. I don't know. :?
I just watched E!News and they displayed the official poster. If that is the one you are talking about, it is very different from what I thought it would be. Jacob & Bella should be out front - not Edward. New Moon is about Jacob/Bella relationship and that should have been displayed with Rob in the background. Whatever.

Now, the movie has to be fan-frickin-tastic but I hope the poster is not indicative of Summitt putting more of Rob/Edward in the storyline when he is not supposed to be.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
CopperHead
Learning to Love Green

Post by CopperHead »

Edward by himself. This took 3 hours of cropping and survived a freeze. *phew!*
Check out more of my fanart here!
Team Demetri - because it's useless to run...
navarre

Post by navarre »

CopperHead wrote:Edward by himself. This took 3 hours of cropping and survived a freeze. *phew!*

Okay, that man is just yummo-licious!!! 8-)

Great job, CopperHead!!
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

Love it, CopperHead. I'm no big Rob fan, but he looks awesome there. ;)

I think Rob was quoted somewhere saying something along the lines of there being lots of opportunities of adding Edward into the movie ... I agree there shouldn't be too much of him.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

navarre wrote:
I just watched E!News and they displayed the official poster. If that is the one you are talking about, it is very different from what I thought it would be. Jacob & Bella should be out front - not Edward. New Moon is about Jacob/Bella relationship and that should have been displayed with Rob in the background. Whatever.

Now, the movie has to be fan-frickin-tastic but I hope the poster is not indicative of Summitt putting more of Rob/Edward in the storyline when he is not supposed to be.
I like the way the poster is; Jacob in between Bella and Edward. Edward is out of reach, and he's what Bella wants & Jacob is in between them. it fits. i dont think Edward should be in the back at all. Even though he wasnt physically in New Moon as much, he still played just as big a role as Jacob.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
navarre

Post by navarre »

DramaPrincezz013 wrote:
navarre wrote:

I like the way the poster is; Jacob in between Bella and Edward. Edward is out of reach, and he's what Bella wants & Jacob is in between them. it fits. i dont think Edward should be in the back at all. Even though he wasnt physically in New Moon as much, he still played just as big a role as Jacob.

Excellent point. I see what your saying and that does make sense.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

DramaPrincezz013 wrote:
navarre wrote:

But to me, Jacob is immediate and there for a good part of NM. He's right there in front of you.
But Edward is certainly on everyone's mind, but more in the shadows of the story. I don't think he should be a pinprick in the poster, but to have up front there makes it seem like they'll be following Edward as much (or even more than) Bella and Jacob. It seems blasphemous to me.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
amethyst
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by amethyst »

The only thing I like about the poster is that Edward is in the front. New Moon might have Jacob's and Bella's friendship development but the story still remains about Edward and Bella and that is what New Moon is all about--how it is like to be a part from each other. I was actually surprised they put Jacob in the poster with them in the first place, in eclipse? sure. But not New Moon.

I wish the poster had only Bella and Edward. And then another separate one with Jacob and Bella. And that should be it.
"I never would have banished him from her society as long as she desired his. . . . . But, till then--if you don't believe me, you don't know me--till then, I would have died by inches before I touched a single hair of his head!"