What music would you like in the soundtrack?

Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
AnnieC09
Wandering Through Town

Re: What music would you like in the soundtrack?

Post by AnnieC09 »

lilmisstrouble wrote:
AnnieC09 wrote:I would love... and I have no idea what has been posted previously:

Playground love: Air = for the scebe when bella is at home after being (Kinda) attacked by the Cullens.

Come here boy - Imogen Heap (for the same scene) Seeeexy I think.
Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley (shortly before Edward tries to reveal his true nature in Voltuura)

Hope these suggestions are all ok... lovely to meet you all!

I think PLaygroud Love would also sound good at the cliff diving scene, right about when Bella is drowning.

Hallelujah is also great. Sadly, both these songs have been used in soundtracks before and became somewhat popular. I'm not sure they wanna use that again, but Alex Patsavas - the music supervisor for Twilight - has used songs like these before on her soundtracks, so I'm thinking it will be something very close to it.

I would love to see Mazzy Star on the soundtrack. She has amazing songs like "Into Dust" and "Fade into You". I wouldn't mind some Death Cab for Cutie either.
Oh my goodness! I LOVE Mazzy Star and "Fade Into You" works on an unbelievable level. I think I just fell in love with you!

How about Portishead - "Dummy" in the later stages of the saga?
lilmisstrouble
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Isle of Esme. Between feathers and broken headboards.

Post by lilmisstrouble »

AnnieC09 wrote:
lilmisstrouble wrote:
AnnieC09 wrote:I would love... and I have no idea what has been posted previously:

Playground love: Air = for the scebe when bella is at home after being (Kinda) attacked by the Cullens.

Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley (shortly before Edward tries to reveal his true nature in Voltuura)

I think PLaygroud Love would also sound good at the cliff diving scene, right about when Bella is drowning.

Hallelujah is also great. Sadly, both these songs have been used in soundtracks before and became somewhat popular. I'm not sure they wanna use that again, but Alex Patsavas - the music supervisor for Twilight - has used songs like these before on her soundtracks, so I'm thinking it will be something very close to it.

I would love to see Mazzy Star on the soundtrack. She has amazing songs like "Into Dust" and "Fade into You". I wouldn't mind some Death Cab for Cutie either.
Oh my goodness! I LOVE Mazzy Star and "Fade Into You" works on an unbelievable level. I think I just fell in love with you!

Hahaha thanks!
Yeah, I loooooove Portishead! If they decide to go in that direction, musically, I think it would be totally awesome too!
"Does my being half-naked bother you?"
Yes, please take the other half off. xoxo

http://www.whatwouldedwardcullendo.blogspot.com
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

omg, i think hallelujah would be brilliant for edward in volterra! i can just see it now... the whole scene in slow motion.. bella running through the square.. edward ready to accept his fate, the haunting song playing over top.. it would be EPIC.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=0dwwaS5B_vY
lilmisstrouble
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Isle of Esme. Between feathers and broken headboards.

Post by lilmisstrouble »

shortstuff wrote:

omg, i think hallelujah would be brilliant for edward in volterra! i can just see it now... the whole scene in slow motion.. bella running through the square.. edward ready to accept his fate, the haunting song playing over top.. it would be EPIC.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=0dwwaS5B_vY
Oh I knooow! That gives me goosebumps! I hope the people who matter see this movie the way we see it!
"Does my being half-naked bother you?"
Yes, please take the other half off. xoxo

http://www.whatwouldedwardcullendo.blogspot.com
AnnieC09
Wandering Through Town

Post by AnnieC09 »

lilmisstrouble wrote:
AnnieC09 wrote:
lilmisstrouble wrote:

Hahaha thanks!
Yeah, I loooooove Portishead! If they decide to go in that direction, musically, I think it would be totally awesome too!
I think that My Vitriol - Always Your Way would be good for Bella and Jacob going out on the bikes. I'm not great at listening to high energy music as I'm pretty low-fi most of the time!
firebrand
Wandering Through Town

Post by firebrand »

But hey, anything that's already been liscensed on an official soundtrack probably couldn't be used again, which is why some of my favs were eliminated from my NM playlist. So it's important to make sure it wasn't OFFICIALLY used previously....
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

firebrand wrote:But hey, anything that's already been liscensed on an official soundtrack probably couldn't be used again, which is why some of my favs were eliminated from my NM playlist. So it's important to make sure it wasn't OFFICIALLY used previously....
true.. i know a lot of the evanescense songs (bring me to life, my immortal) are from the daredevil sound track, so i dont know if they can be used again..
thisheartitbeats1
Settled in Forks

Post by thisheartitbeats1 »

i really like the song watch over you by alter bridge.

Leaves are on the ground
Fall has come
Blue skies turning grey
Like my love

I tried to carry you
And make you whole
But it was never enough
I must go

[Chorus:]
Who is gonna save you
When I'm gone?
And who'll watch over you
When I'm gone?

You say you care for me
But hide it well
How can you love someone
And not yourself?

[Chorus]

And when I'm gone
Who will break your fall?
Who will you blame?

I can't go on
And let you lose it all
It's more than I can take
Who'll ease your pain?
Ease your pain

[Chorus:]
Who is gonna save you when I'm gone?
Who'll watch over you?
Who will give you strength when you're not strong.
Who'll watch over you when I've gone away?

Snow is on the ground
Winters come
You long to hear my voice
But I'm long gone
While you were sleeping I figured out everything.
I was constructed for you, and you were molded for me.

banner by ceo07
Emeraldcollector
Settled in Forks

Post by Emeraldcollector »

I want Viva La Vida by ColdPlay to be in it. I kind of shows Bella's reaction to Edward leaving her and then her relying on Jacob to pull her out of her depression. XD They could use it as a song for the trailer!
Team Jacob Forever!
firebrand
Wandering Through Town

Post by firebrand »

holy crap, i am such a freakin' idiot... how did i not think of this song sooner? i mean it's number 5 on my most played songs list! geez, maybe i need another coffee ....

Patience - Take That
Just have a little patience
I’m still hurting from a love I lost
I’m feeling your frustration
that any minute all the pain will stop
just hold, me close, inside your arms tonight
don’t be too hard on my emotions
'Cause I
need time
my heart is numb has no feeling
so while I’m still healing
just try and have a little patience