Chapter 26: Shiny

Our chapter by chapter discussion of Breaking Dawn.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Chapter 26: Shiny

Post by Tornado »

1) What do you think about Charlie and Bella’s decision to keep information secret from Renee? Which information do you think they will share and which information do you think they will hide? What do you think Renee’s reaction will be?
I think they will hide Renesmee. She's definitely going to be difficult to explain, and Renee would want to come and see her straight away. I think they'll continue with the illness story, at least for now, as an excuse to keep Bella away from Renee. I don't know what they're going to do when that excuse runs thin, though.

2) How are the activities that the Cullens are described as doing on page 516 indicative of their personalities?
Edward's playing the piano, so it's creative, Esme's looking at her blueprints, Carlisle's reading, Rosalie and Emmett are making a house of cards, and Jasper and Alice are just being together. It's all pretty obvious, really.

3) What challenge might you have suggested to Emmett if you were Bella? What might you have decided would happen if you won or lost?
Probably the same challenge and the same conditions.

4) Bella states that it was “like I had been born to be a vampire”. How do you feel about that statement? Is she right?
I think she is correct. I think fate intended her for this life.
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Chapter 26: Shiny

Post by Brienna »

1) What do you think about Charlie and Bella’s decision to keep information secret from Renee? Which information do you think they will share and which information do you think they will hide? What do you think Renee’s reaction will be?
I don't know.. I think they won't tell about Renesmee, because Renee would definitely want to meet her. I think they will just let Renee know that Bella's alive and then let the contact die slowly?

2) How are the activities that the Cullens are described as doing on page 516 indicative of their personalities?
The activities they did felt natural and fit in to their personalities.

3) What challenge might you have suggested to Emmett if you were Bella? What might you have decided would happen if you won or lost?
Can't imagine being Emmet, sorry :P

4) Bella states that it was “like I had been born to be a vampire”. How do you feel about that statement? Is she right?
I don't know. Yes, she was right, because she has always felt different. But no, she was wrong, she has always been so clumsy, how would that foreshadow becoming a vampire?