How this forum works...

Our chapter by chapter discussion of Breaking Dawn.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

How this forum works...

Post by Alphie »

I've had a few people new to the Lexicon asking me why we only have a few chapters posted and I thought I would save myself some time and address that here in the open.

With our chapter discussion in the past, we have asked a few long time members of the Lexicon to help out from time to time and provide us with various questions and chapter summaries. We post them in chapter order, one or two chapters at a time, to allow for each chapter to have a fair amount of time for discussion.

When Breaking Dawn was released, many of us that serve as mod's and/or administrators had a great deal going on in real life. Add that to the fact that the Twilight movie news was so extensive that we had difficulty keeping up with everything that was going on to give Breaking Dawn it's due attention.

Now that things have slowed down a bit, we do intend to add one or two chapters every week until we have all 39 chapters covered. I apologize for the long wait and hope to remedy your concerns by keeping things updated!

Thanks to all of you who actively participate here!
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Re: How this forum works...

Post by edward x lover »

If you ever need help with the questions don't hesitate to ask. I don't know how many times I've read this book =]
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
suzyq248
Learning to Love Green

Post by suzyq248 »

Can people post additional questions in a specific chapter forum?
"Fall down again, Bella?"
"No, Emmett. I punched a werewolf in the face."
keds723
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by keds723 »

Hey, can I throw out a suggestion? I've been noticing that there isn't much of a discussion for these questions, which is really a shame! I feel as if we're all answering the questions and then we don't come back, but there is some really great stuff to talk about...is there any way we can get people to talk about the questions rather than just answer them?
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

keds723 wrote:Hey, can I throw out a suggestion? I've been noticing that there isn't much of a discussion for these questions, which is really a shame! I feel as if we're all answering the questions and then we don't come back, but there is some really great stuff to talk about...is there any way we can get people to talk about the questions rather than just answer them?
I agree. We should try to figure that out.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
elizabella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: In our cottage, discussing the latest fashion trends with Alice.

Esme's Island

Post by elizabella »

Since I'm a little obsessed (ok really obsessed) I've decided to make an Isle Esme in my Sims game so any information or insight anybody may have into how the house and Isle look, I'd appreciate it. :D I'm also going to do the cottage when I get around to it.

Alice's Party Planning Committe: (*bag carrier*)
Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.
AliceFan
Wandering Through Town

Post by AliceFan »

Alphie wrote:I've had a few people new to the Lexicon asking me why we only have a few chapters posted and I thought I would save myself some time and address that here in the open.

With our chapter discussion in the past, we have asked a few long time members of the Lexicon to help out from time to time and provide us with various questions and chapter summaries. We post them in chapter order, one or two chapters at a time, to allow for each chapter to have a fair amount of time for discussion.

When Breaking Dawn was released, many of us that serve as mod's and/or administrators had a great deal going on in real life. Add that to the fact that the Twilight movie news was so extensive that we had difficulty keeping up with everything that was going on to give Breaking Dawn it's due attention.

Now that things have slowed down a bit, we do intend to add one or two chapters every week until we have all 39 chapters covered. I apologize for the long wait and hope to remedy your concerns by keeping things updated!

Thanks to all of you who actively participate here!
I'm new here to these discussion boards, so excuse me if I'm a bit ignorant. I have a topic from a chapter in this book I'd love to discuss with feedback from others, but it's in Chapter 22. Do you, the moderators, add chapter discussions in order? And I assume that moderators are the only ones who add them also, and are the topics for discussion in each chapter limited or can we discuss any topics we want to within that chapter? Thanks in advance.
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

Add me to the list of people that think there should be more discussion. I think that the questions are great to answer, and I like reading other people's - but having so many questions in one thread kind of stunts the discussion and inhibits people from responding to others. Maybe if the book were broken up into topics of discussion, rather than "end of chapter" questions, the discussion would pick up?

For example, a thread for opinions on Rosalie and Jake's relationship, a thread for opinions on Emmett's role in Breaking Dawn, a thread for opinions on the final scene...

Image Image
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

I second what ForJazz926 said: The discussion questions are great, except for one thing- no discussion!

Everyone just answers the questions, and there's no interplay between posts.

Perhaps to keep with the format, make a thread for each chapter, and then anyone can post anything related to that chapter there for discussion. (This would go for all the books, of course.)
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

ringswraith wrote:I second what ForJazz926 said: The discussion questions are great, except for one thing- no discussion!

Everyone just answers the questions, and there's no interplay between posts.

Perhaps to keep with the format, make a thread for each chapter, and then anyone can post anything related to that chapter there for discussion. (This would go for all the books, of course.)
I do like that idea better than the current way things are done - but I still think it should be by topic, not chapter. Some themes carry over into many chapters, or are present through the entire book. I think it would provoke better discussion if we weren't limited that way.

Image Image