Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by VirginiaMay »

Amanda Beth wrote:**CW&IA OUTTAKE SPOILERS!!**

Ginnie, I feel the same way. I think the original proposal plan was stupid, and even though Edward does stupid things--it was even dumber that Carlisle, Esme, and Alice thought it was a good idea. I didn't even realize cupcakes made no appearance. Sad face.
You know what, AB? Now that I think about it... you're right! What really made the original plan seem SO stupid was the fact that he had the full support of everyone else. Nobody had the sense to say that it may just be a little TOO much pressure for her to be able to consider it memorable or romantic. I can just see it now- "Sure Edward, I'll marry you. Just get me the hell of this plane!" Oh well. I couldn't love CW&IA any more than I already did, so really it's just nice to get to spend so more time with them.
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

**CW&IA Outtake Spoilers**
I really enjoyed it. I agree that maybe the original proposal idea was too much, and perhaps TattWord (and Carlisle) should have realised this.. but at the same time, he did say that she had made lots of progress, and so maybe he thought that he was doing the right thing? Anyways, the actual proposal was kinda perfect for them. In fact, I don't think I can say it any better than Ginnie already did:
VirginiaMay wrote:Yet, at the same time... the bumbling, profanity filled, spur of the moment speech that he made at the end of it all? Very good and just so, so Tattward. And maybe that was the point. :)
It was definately worth the money! And it made me smile and laugh and really grin like mad woman to be back in TattWord's head. Bravo HH - you've done it again!! :D
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
The Real Alice Cullen
I've got my eye on you

Post by The Real Alice Cullen »

Hi guys! Since you are all still longing to remain in the Twilight world, I thought I'd come post this here, too.

I'm here with some wonderful news! The mods will let us have a birthday party for Nessie (and Bella) on the 11th! We are throwing the party for Nessie, but it is also a surprise party for Bella.

So far, we can have a new party thread that we can post images on! Emmett is also pushing for a games thread so that we can have some fun playing a few games.

Here is the wonderful Invitation that Jaspersgrl came up with! Remember it’s a SURPRISE PARTY! Don’t tell Bella!

We will start the party on September 11th, and it will run all day long. Please let everyone know so that we can have a really great party. I know most of the family will be there, and we are all bringing gifts!

So come over to the Birthday Bash thread to wish Nessie (and Bella) a Happy Birthday and bring a "gift" to post. I'll see you on the 11th!
Amazing how someone so tiny can be so irritating....
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

Mmmm am I the only one who doesn't get it? It is like an RPG?
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Alice started posting about the party on her team thread (the APPC) about two weeks ago. Every so once in a while, a character from the books pops in on various threads of the Lex. Alice popped a lot last night.

She and the mods have been discussing what to do for Nessie's 4th and Bella's 23rd birthdays. We used to celebrate them here, and she thought it was a good idea to get back into it, I guess. So, the plan, as I understand it, is to have a special thread for the party that day. Go on, say hi to whoever is there, and bring a picture of a "gift" to post. Images will be allowed that day, so if you post the straight link without the url, it will show up. Nessie is a teen now, so it should be interesting!
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

Amanda Beth wrote:Mmmm am I the only one who doesn't get it? It is like an RPG?
AB~ I kind of thought it odd that Alice pop up here myself. It's just that this thread usually is so specific to FF and usually on-topic, you know? There are plenty of character threads and random conversation threads for that sort of thing, but last night Alice popped onto all of the threads that I post on to let everyone know about this... I guess she's just excited? ;)

Maybe like OpenHome said, they are trying to re-start something that used to be done in the early days. Not sure? *shrugs*
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Good Morning!

A new fanfic rec from Sebastien Robichaud and I mean IT IS WORTH IT!!!!!!!

-
"If you're looking for something new to read, you can check my list of favourites under my Fan Fiction profile.

Also, I'd like to recommend "With all my Strength" by Rhi Aeffyll. This story is like no other in the fandom. It's a supernatural story about Edward the vampire, except in this instance, Edward is actually Aerdwerth, a Caledonian king. (Yes, if you've ever drunk Caledonian beer in Scotland and wondered who the hell the Caledonians were...) Rhi takes his readers through history with Edward and Carlisle... all the way to Forks in the twenty-first century. In addition to envisioning fascinating plot, Rhi writes well and is damn funny. (Best line in his story (IMO)? "F-g Carthaginians!") Give his story a read and tell him SR sent you:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5632121/1/

I just started this one last night and it is brilliant!

Please, please go and read. :)
Last edited by navarre on Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

I read the UoEM update and I loved it. I am so happy they finally got married. Her dress sounds wonderful. I also thought the offical proposal sounded so romantic :D
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

SwanCullen wrote:I read the UoEM update and I loved it. I am so happy they finally got married. Her dress sounds wonderful. I also thought the offical proposal sounded so romantic :D
JennJenn~ If you haven't checked the links to all of the pictures, please do. Her dress is totally breathtaking. I always love it when authors put that much detail and thought. I have a vivid imagination, but the accompanying visuals always enhance my experience.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

Jazz Girl wrote:
SwanCullen wrote:I read the UoEM update and I loved it. I am so happy they finally got married. Her dress sounds wonderful. I also thought the offical proposal sounded so romantic :D
JennJenn~ If you haven't checked the links to all of the pictures, please do. Her dress is totally breathtaking. I always love it when authors put that much detail and thought. I have a vivid imagination, but the accompanying visuals always enhance my experience.
The dress was amazing!! Perfect even for Book Bella, in MPO! Just lovely all around, though I am looking forward to the outtakes and epilogues.

On another note entirely...

I wanted to let you know about a new Fandom effort. Fandom for Preemies is going to be raising money in November to benefit the March of Dimes.

People donating to the cause will receive a compilation of fanfiction one-shots and outtakes from various authors. Since I will be participating in the effort, a first for me as a writer, I thought I'd spread the word. :-)

Whether you want to donate or contribute, I hope you will give it a look. It is a worthy cause and one many TwiMoms hold near and dear.

From their website: "Donating to Fandom for Preemies is simple. From November 1st through November 30th, you may visit our Virtual Band on the March of Dimes website. Once there, click on Donate in the Name of this Child and post your donation (minimum of $5). Once you have received your confirmation receipt, forward the receipt to us at [email protected] and we will send you the Preemie Compilation."

Donations are not being taken until November 1st, but writer's wanting to contribute can sign up now and have until October 21st to submit their contribution to the group. You can see the list of author's already contributing here. (I'm not on it yet, just submitted my info tonight! ;) )

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope you'll get involved! Hugs, Ginnie