Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Hi everyone I have a question Amanda I think you might know the answer to this. I have only read a few ff. In the past I have seen where you can pay to read an outtake. I have wanted to do this in the past but wasn't sure what it all entails or how it works. Is it to help raise money for a cause? Or is it for the author? Thanks for the info.
Banner by TammyAZ
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Hi E.R!
I think what you are referring to is something like The Fandom Gives Back. There are actually several of these type auctions for various charities. Yes, you bid on a story or donate a minimum amount for an outtake of your choice. Many authors will write a story FOR you if you bid on them. It's a fabulous way to help out with important causes. When the earthquake hit Haiti, several authors wrote special pieces to be put in an anthology that you could get for a minimum donation to the Red Cross.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Edwards Ragazza wrote:Hi everyone I have a question Amanda I think you might know the answer to this. I have only read a few ff. In the past I have seen where you can pay to read an outtake. I have wanted to do this in the past but wasn't sure what it all entails or how it works. Is it to help raise money for a cause? Or is it for the author? Thanks for the info.
Desiree~ Keep an eye on your favorite authors blogs and or profiles, particularly the big ones. If they are participating, you'll hear about it. Also, I know the last two, we've announced here as well. The CW&IA outtake in question is a perfect example. It was written specifically in this format specifically for the FGB2 auction, which benefitted Alex's Lemonade Stand.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

AND *brags* we raised $20,000!!!!!
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

I truly meant to bid, but totally forgot! $20,000 is AMAZING!!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Amanda Beth wrote:AND *brags* we raised $20,000!!!!!
*fistbumps* AmandaBeth. Yeah, we are pretty awesome. And we were handsomely rewarded! :lol: What I love most is the group of authors that came together. HH's team alone raised $20K. But, then you add in the money raised by teams like SR's and Lola's and JennDe's and the list goes on and on. At last count, just FGB2 raised something like $120K for ALS. There is love in this here fandom!

~~TheTrainingOuttakeDiscussion~~

I saw this float through my mailbox and I almost squealed in the middle of a meeting. Gods love TSM for going back and for giving this to all of us, and to her lovley reader Kalimando for letting her share. This was just...WOWZA!! While I am never one to argue with an author's version of the end, that ubershort epi just left me wanting... And DAMN does this futuretake deliver. Both pushing their limits and just the growth you see here... DomWard still owns me and I just love the dichotomy that he is. This blissed me and I'm so excited to get the remaining parts (TSM indicated this was part one of 2 or 3).

~~End The Training Discussion~~
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

ringswraith wrote:Meh.

I mean I can understand the spirit of it. Just feel kinda gypped- it's one of my favorite fanfics after all.

You know what everybody?? You can still join Team HH and make a donation to Alex's Lemonade Stand for the next few weeks and get access to the CW&IA outtake!

This is from their website: "Donations are still being accepted and interested parties can make a minimum $5 donation through FGB2 at Alex’s Lemonade Stand. Indicate the donation is for TeamHunterHunting and forward the receipt info here. You can also contact our wonderful team leader, Azucena, by email."

SO... if you really feel left out, you have an option. Yeah! Too bad more authors don't do it this way. (cough, cough...Icy... cough) :lol: It's for a good cause, you know?
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Thank you Open home and Jazz Girl (Caryn) for the information. I do think that is very awesome they do this for good causes. I will definitely do this in the future when I read one that I really love since the few I have read the Fandom gives back is already over. I think I would even do it if it was for them since they are taking time out of their RL to give us these amazing stories. Thats why Caryn I was asking about the MOTU merchandise that I found if they money goes to her. I do think these authors deserve a little something for all the work they do for us fans. :)

Caryn~ I can't remember which ff I was reading but when I saw donate for the outtake I wasn't sure if it was a scam since I knew nothing about the Fandom Gives Back. Thanks girls!
Banner by TammyAZ
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

Hello All,
Just popping back in to react to the CW&IA outtake of The Proposal written for FGB2. If you don't want to know, or don't care... don't read the rest of this. ;)

**CW&IA OUTTAKE SPOILERS!!**

My first thoughts after finishing the proposal outtake were a little less than enthusiastic. I expected something a little different for some reason. -Not that it wasn't good.- But maybe something involving a lot of cupcakes, or even a single cupcake... was more what I expected. LOL!! Was I loony for thinking that?? Maybe I was. Anyway... *shrugs* I thought that the timing of the proposal, and Tattward's plans for a location to pop the question were a little risky and strange. Yet, at the same time... the bumbling, profanity filled, spur of the moment speech that he made at the end of it all? Very good and just so, so Tattward. And maybe that was the point. :)
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

**CW&IA OUTTAKE SPOILERS!!**

Ginnie, I feel the same way. I think the original proposal plan was stupid, and even though Edward does stupid things--it was even dumber that Carlisle, Esme, and Alice thought it was a good idea. I didn't even realize cupcakes made no appearance. Sad face.