Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Amanda Beth wrote:I'll have to agree with rings... I think it's pointless. It's an event that makes no sense. I mean, have her go out and get mugged or something and have Edward there to rescue her--at least that makes sense.
The mugging is actually what I was expecting...what with Bella running out in the rain in her thin PJ's and the group of "frat boys" stationed conveniently nearby. I thought that would be our Twilight parallel--when Edward thwarted Bella's would-be attackers. The accident....I wasn't expecting.

Ginnie~ I meant to respond earlier to your post about How to Save a Life being removed from fanfiction.net. That saddens me so much as I loved that story and was so looking forward to reading additional chapters from Edward's point of view. She really left us with a tough one--the Valentines' dance and date was heartbreaking enough to read anyway, but from Edward's point of view :shock: ...it just tore me up. I really wanted to read about Edward's wilderness trip and recovery from his point of view.
I was also hoping to read a few other fun outtakes that gave us a little glimpse into Edward and Bella's future. I don't know if you had a chance to read the outtake when Edward and Bella spent some time together in the outdoor shower :oops: 8-) after beach time with the Cullens, but it was sweet, and a little awkward, and written in such a way that it stayed very true to these two characters.
Banner by TammyAZ
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

I normally don't try to get so deep into the parallels with the saga, but doesn't anyone else think that the "accident" in UofEM is the parallel event to the "almost" car crashing into Bella incident in Twilight? Could that not be SR's tie in to canon in this case? Regardless, I am ready for these two to have some angst-free lemony-flavored lovin'!
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

missp wrote:I normally don't try to get so deep into the parallels with the saga, but doesn't anyone else think that the "accident" in UofEM is the parallel event to the "almost" car crashing into Bella incident in Twilight? Could that not be SR's tie in to canon in this case? Regardless, I am ready for these two to have some angst-free lemony-flavored lovin'!

I really don't think so MissP. It just doesn't add up to me.

In Twilight, the point of that accident was for Edward to realize that he has more feelings for Bella than just his want for her blood, and his confusion over her mental silence. "Not Her" being the thought that sums it best I believe. After the accident, Bella and Edward are both left wondering why he did such a thing and what his motivations are. For Edward, it leads him to realize that he loves Bella. For Bella, the accident leaves her curious and slightly enamored of him. It drives the story forward by creating this thing between them that neither understands, yet both are determined to figure out (Bella more so than Edward). It's a pivotal moment in Twilight.

I think the pivotal moment here should have been Bella's epiphany, similar to the one she had in New Moon, and the accident takes away from that in my opinion. (And apparently a few other peoples too.) ;)

Re: How to Save A Life-
No, I hadn't yet read all the outtakes which makes me sad. I honestly wonder what happened there. It makes me very concerned, knowing how harsh certain elements of this fandom can be. I hope it was nothing negative that pushed her to make that decision. :(
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

Sigh...anyone read the UoEM teaser? It seems like it's just yet another unnecessary twist. Spoiler::Why would Tanya EVER be there. We KNOW he wasn't with her this whole time! If you're going to put a roadblock in...just put one!:: I think this is why fanfics are SO long...events are put in to extend the life of the story, but in a real book an editor would never let a story get too drawn out.
missp
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

^^^ HUH?? She's there?? Okay...I am officially not a happy camper. Dragging this story out for the sake of dragging it out is not necessary. SR is too good an author for that, and I would not expect him to succomb to the reader's "drama", for lack of a better word. Maybe there will still be a REAL purpose behind these twists. He's usually pretty good at pulling everything together perfectly. *SIGH* I guess we'll find out on Saturday. I'll be reading my update while sitting on the balcony overlooking the Gulf of Mexico! I am beach bound tomorrow! Happy Friday, Ya'll! :D
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

The Fandom Gives Back has raised over $140,000 for Alex's Lemonade Stand.

Can we just brag a bit that Twilight has the best fans EVER? I can't wait for Tattward's POV proposal!! Did ANYONE else donate?? Or am I going to have to keep all the goodness to myself??
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

Amanda Beth wrote:The Fandom Gives Back has raised over $140,000 for Alex's Lemonade Stand.

Can we just brag a bit that Twilight has the best fans EVER? I can't wait for Tattward's POV proposal!! Did ANYONE else donate?? Or am I going to have to keep all the goodness to myself??
No, I did get in on that one. Slightly interested to see how it will play out. :-)
missp

Post by missp »

Didn't donate myself, but that is absolutely AWESOME!! I agree. Twi-hards are hard to beat! :D
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

UoEM
THANK YOU SR!!!!!! I know it's not all HEA yet, but I CAN BREATH AGAIN!
missp

Post by missp »

*GASP* UofEM update! I'll be back after I read! That is, if I'm not sea sick. Riding in the car on the way to the beach. :D *Skips from room singing "OH HAPPY DAY!"