Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Volturi Girl, about the Guardian:

Agreed, you shake, I slap, we take turns! I don't know what to think! I'd like to think that Edward wouldn't have slept with Tanya and especially that he wouldn't have lied about it. And we're pretty sure that she slept with Carlisle. At the same time, it's not like Edward was officially taken, because Bella stormed off and didn't talk to him! I can't wait to find out - except I have to. Such the drama. Like my hubby boy says, I'm so glad that I have a nice, boring, happy life.

I thought about PMing this, but in case others are up for dishing on the Guardian ....
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
StellaBlueBella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by StellaBlueBella »

So you all rec The Guardian then? I've been thinking about starting that one but wasn't sure. Is it what I've seen called a "dribble" fic? Hahaha the car reference was totally lost I mean until just now.

Amy, so yes no shortage of lemons in My Viking! :swoon: How do you like her newest fic?

• To comprehend a nectar Requires sorest need.
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Rachel~ You should definitely read Guardian. It is like a mini soap opera. Sometimes you want to smack Bella and sometimes you want to smack Edward. But overall, good read. I just can't wait to see what happens between BxE.
Taken in the Night is pretty good. I just wonder "what in the world happened to Edward." Did you read the original Taken? It's like I want to feel bad for him but he did kidnap Bella.
I'm currently reading this real twisted fanfic about brother and sister Jasper and Bella. It is one of the most darkest - twisted - morally wrong - and disturbing fanfics I've ever read and I love it. I cannot put it down. The author even put a warning in her A/N.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
newborntwifan
Wandering Through Town

Post by newborntwifan »

smitten_by_twilight wrote:Volturi Girl, about the Guardian:

Agreed, you shake, I slap, we take turns! I don't know what to think! I'd like to think that Edward wouldn't have slept with Tanya and especially that he wouldn't have lied about it. And we're pretty sure that she slept with Carlisle. At the same time, it's not like Edward was officially taken, because Bella stormed off and didn't talk to him! I can't wait to find out - except I have to. Such the drama. Like my hubby boy says, I'm so glad that I have a nice, boring, happy life.

I thought about PMing this, but in case others are up for dishing on the Guardian ....

My theory is that the baby is Carlisle's but Edward is trying to do the honorable thing -- save his dead father's reputation and protect his mother from any more heartache. Whatever the story is, though, I think Bella deserves the truth and I hope we get to hear it soon, too. I definitely agree that this one reads like a Soap Opera.

Other fics I can't wait to update: Inside Man, Pound of Flesh, Expectations and Other Moving Pieces, Arms, Unexpected Circumstances, and Fall to Ruin One Day. I really need to find some good completed fics. I'm checking my inbox like crazy to no avail with some of these.
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

I do recommend the Guardian, but it is not for the faint of heart - Edward nearly gave me a heart attack at first - very M.

And here's one I just started reading, Morning by Carson Dyle. It is post-BD canon, certainly not terribly lemony, but B+E are all over each other all the time. I really, really love it; he's (?) up to 35 long chapters and I think it might be complete. There is plot, etc, but also lots of very sweet B+E time. He had two entries in the pre-Twilight round of the Canon Tour, I liked both, and one of them tied for second place. So there's my plug for it, no connection to the author except loving his writing!
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

newborntwifan wrote:Other fics I can't wait to update: Inside Man, Pound of Flesh, Expectations and Other Moving Pieces, Arms, Unexpected Circumstances, and Fall to Ruin One Day.
What is Inside Man and Fall to Ruin One Day about? I'd love to have the links.

Did you read the update of Unex. Circum. the other day? Inv Ink:I got so excited to see the villiagers (sp) ready to fight in battle over Bella. I understand that Edward is in hysterics due to Bella's absence, but Edward should have listened to Emmett and wait for other kingdoms to get involved for help. I, too, am glad that I live a happy boring life. My only serious drama is when WIP's don't update. :roll:

Guardian: inv ink: I don't know why Edward wouldn't tell Bella if Tanya is carying Carlisle's baby. I just wonder what Tanya's threat included. Do you think that the Denali's were involved with Bella's parent's death? What is going on with the safe?
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
newborntwifan
Wandering Through Town

Post by newborntwifan »

Fall to Ruin One Day is about an aspiring-politician Edward and a not-quite-Stepford-enough Bella (she's not into keeping up appearances and doesn't fit the mold of a politician's potential wife) whose relationship falls apart for these very reasons. Ten years later they see one another again, and neither has completely let go of the feelings they once shared. The story of their past is interwoven into the present circumstances through flashbacks. Here's the link:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5785393/1/

Inside Man is about a college student Bella writing an inmate Edward through a prison pen-pal program. Early chapters are their letters to one another, but eventually there is narrative to fill in the gaps. There were one or two minor plot points in this story that didn't quite mesh for me, but overall, the story has drawn me in. Definitely nothing significant enough for me to abandon. Here's the link:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7043140/1/

Anyone else eagerly awaiting WIP updates or discovering any new fics with potential?
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Hello Fellow Junkies!!! :wave: I've missed you all tons!

So, first... thanks so much for the praises on the last chapter of What Drives Her. It means a lot. The next chapter is coming along nicely and the only hold up is that I'm super-over committed right now; RL and otherwise. Arms is giving me fits, but an update should be coming in the next couple of days there. I remember now why I hate angst... it's exhausting. I keep finding myself writing the happy parts that come after, but I know i need to finish this latest chapter and get it out to you guys/gals. :write:

Anyhoo, Vampire in the Basement seems to be updating regularly again and is close to finishing for anyone who was holding out for a word from the author. The end note on the last chapter stated there would be about five or so chapters left. I'm not sure how it will wrap up, but I'm very much looking forward to it after the long wait for it to return. :)

On MyViking (and the rest of SheViking's stories in general), SheViking seems to be a little bit like me. She writes all the time, whenever she can, but she doesn't put an update out just to update. Her chapters are long and usually accomplish something, and, with multiple stories going on in her head, it isn't any wonder that doesn't always happen consistently. :)

On Taken in The Night-- I did read the original Taken. The thing is... yes, SheViking made Edward's backstory something you can sympathize with, and yes, she made his reason for kidnapping Bella seem almost honorable, but he KIDNAPPED her people! With no intention of ever giving her back! I mean... okay, wait, I have to go invisible for the rest of this rant, lol. (SPOILERS ahead, people!) This Edward didn't grab Bella and then release her when the perceived danger he thought she was in had passed.. No, he kidnapped her and decided he would just keep her with him until he got her to fall in love with him. Which, unless SheViking changes a lot from the old version, is exactly what ends up happening. So... my problem with the story is the same problem I have with many stories where horrific behavior and criminal actions are justified and excused because the person who committed them had a traumatic past. Yes, I read the stories too, but it often bothers me that everything always works out hunky dory and there are rarely consequences. ( SPOILER!!! ) Case in point, in the original Taken, Edward never did jail time for kidnapping Bella. I don't even think she got taken away from him or rescued or anything. Ever. To my recollection, Bella even hid the whole thing from Charlie and lied right and left to protect Edward. So... yeah. I guess what I'm saying is that I can't decide if I liked it enough to read it again. That's all. I am getting the updates though and totally understand SheViking wanting to better her early writing. I think every writer feels that way sometimes.

Well, I'm off to write some more. I'm contributing to The Canon Tour in the upcoming Twilight round, in addition to working on updates of What Drives You and Arms. So, if you don't see me for a few days, you'll know where I'll be. ;-)

Catch you later!
-Ginnie

missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Just popping in to say hello while hiding my eyes from all the recs!! So don't have time to get hooked on too many fics right now! And... I haven't written one word on my own since school started. Anyhoo... GINNIE... the latest WDH chapter is just simply amazing!! I have ARMS and IMMORTAL saved in my files and on hold for now until WDH is complete and I have my own, Between Dusk and Dawn posted.
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Awww... thanks, MissP!

Real quick: How many of you are reading any of the "Drabble" fics out there??

The reason I ask is, as a fanfic writer, it's sort of frustrating seeing the trend increase. I've seen a couple of these stories with 10, 000+, even 20,000+ reviews and have to think it's because they update so often. Never mind how small the chapter is or even if the scene/conversation is complete. And I wonder, is that the reason some of these folks are doing it? For tons of reviews???

What do you guys/gals think??