Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 -- Team Edward#3

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Re: Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 -- Team Edward#3

Post by Jadey »

I wouldn't like Eddie much as a wolf* because he wouldn't be the same. I guess similar characteristics would be there but I agree with Diane.
He probably wouldn't have the same manners/respect/outlook on life/experience he had from living all those years in the 1900's as a vampire.
And as a wolf, he can love someone, but then has to leave them if he imprints, which would make me hate him.
And I guess another appealing aspect is that he is a vampire.

AND THEN HE COULDN'T READ ANYONES MIND. And that would suck... Edward without his mind reading-ness is like a car without keys.
Last edited by Jadey on Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Say we go alternate reality here ... what if the roles were reversed? What if Edward was the werewolf and Jacob was the vampire. Would you still find Edward as appealing?
Definitely! It's not the species that makes the person, it's who they are inside. Edward would still be the same person, just a wolf. See, it's not that Jacob(ew) is a wolf that I don't like him. It's because his personality bugs me. But then there's Seth, who I absolutely adore, and is a wolf, but I love him because of who he is. It would be the same for Edward. And if Jacob(ew) were ever a vampire, I would still not like him.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

debussygirl wrote:Say we go alternate reality here ... what if the roles were reversed? What if Edward was the werewolf and Jacob was the vampire. Would you still find Edward as appealing?
Definitely! It's not the species that makes the person, it's who they are inside. Edward would still be the same person, just a wolf. See, it's not that Jacob(ew) is a wolf that I don't like him. It's because his personality bugs me. But then there's Seth, who I absolutely adore, and is a wolf, but I love him because of who he is. It would be the same for Edward. And if Jacob(ew) were ever a vampire, I would still not like him.
Well lets see, If Edward was a wolf, he would not be 100yrs + he would have grown up on a reservation and not really seen the world. Yes the goodness would be there. But also his upbringing in the 1900's would not be contributing to him. Yes he might look the same only larger and not so pale but the essence of Edward would not be there. That;s like taking you and changing your parents, your surroundings, what you have learned and way you see yourself and others ...... and lets say throw you into 1846 as a southern Belle in the middle of the civil war. Do you think that you would be the same.? And that is just taking the physical you. if you did that to Edward you are taking the vampire out of him and replaceing it with another supernatural force. The queston is a great question, no doubt but it really makes you think of person as a whole, and not just by little things that you like. Anyway my opinion is the change to Edward at this time I think I would not be as interested. If I only went for looks , then maybe yes But I am looking at the whole package.
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Like I said in my post, I don't think he would be exactly the same. But the core his personality would still be there. Therefore he would still be appealing to me as a wolf. Of course his experiences during 108 years have made an impact on him and made him who he is, but he wouldn't be that person if he didn't have a lot of it in him from that start, IMO.
I think his traits were accentuated by his experiences, though. But I would still like him even as a wolf.

debussygirl wrote:. See, it's not that Jacob(ew) is a wolf that I don't like him. It's because his personality bugs me. But then there's Seth, who I absolutely adore, and is a wolf, but I love him because of who he is. It would be the same for Edward. And if Jacob(ew) were ever a vampire, I would still not like him.

Agreed 100 %. I'm on Team Seth. I love that little guy. So the wolf thing doesn't bother me. What bothers me about Jacob is that he's a sulky brat, who manipulates to get his way.
He is just the complete opposite of Edward, IMO.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

Dovrebanen wrote:Like I said in my post, I don't think he would be exactly the same. But the core his personality would still be there. Therefore he would still be appealing to me as a wolf. Of course his experiences during 108 years have made an impact on him and made him who he is, but he wouldn't be that person if he didn't have a lot of it in him from that start, IMO.
I think his traits were accentuated by his experiences, though. But I would still like him even as a wolf.

debussygirl wrote:. See, it's not that Jacob(ew) is a wolf that I don't like him. It's because his personality bugs me. But then there's Seth, who I absolutely adore, and is a wolf, but I love him because of who he is. It would be the same for Edward. And if Jacob(ew) were ever a vampire, I would still not like him.

Agreed 100 %. I'm on Team Seth. I love that little guy. So the wolf thing doesn't bother me. What bothers me about Jacob is that he's a sulky brat, who manipulates to get his way.
He is just the complete opposite of Edward, IMO.

Now the core of Edward personalitie you thing would be there. I think the goodness and selfless would be, but don't you remember even Jacob became more aggressive when he started to phase . Look over the all the books, he is the one character besides Bella and more than Bella that his presonality was always changing. So outwardly Edward would look the same but do you really think that he would be the Edward that we love? I have some doubt there, but willing to be swayed. :?
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

diane771 wrote: Now the core of Edward personalitie you thing would be there. I think the goodness and selfless would be, but don't you remember even Jacob became more aggressive when he started to phase . Look over the all the books, he is the one character besides Bella and more than Bella that his presonality was always changing. So outwardly Edward would look the same but do you really think that he would be the Edward that we love? I have some doubt there, but willing to be swayed. :?
I don't think I can sway you, Diane. Maybe it's just wishful thinking from my side that Edward would be the same. I know Jacob got more aggressive. And I am afraid that Edward would get more hate in him, if he was a wolf. But still, I think Jacob had a moer bratty personality to begin with, and that was accentuated when he phased. So I would like to think that the good qualites in Edward would still be there for a large part. But I don't know.

Edit: Jade - Nice seeing you here! Good point about the mindreading, btw.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Renesmee_Bella
Red-Eyed Vampire
Location: In Ohio, waiting for Edward to come through the window.....

Post by Renesmee_Bella »

Alright, once again, I have neglected to come and hang with my Edward-loving peeps. I am now going to do another huge snowball posts. *looks for new questions*

Say we go alternate reality here ... what if the roles were reversed? What if Edward was the werewolf and Jacob was the vampire. Would you still find Edward as appealing?
um, OF COURSE! I don't love Edward because he sparkles or can run really fast, I love him because he's sweet and caring and unselfish and JUST PLAIN EDWARD!!!

What is Edward's realtionship with is father?
Steph didn't really talk about his dad much, just his mom but I think they were probably a close knit family because Edward doesn't like talking about them and I assume it's because he's sad about their death because he loved them. *sigh*

♥~*Proud Member/Founder of The Mookie Adams Family*~♥
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

Dovrebanen wrote:
diane771 wrote: Now the core of Edward personalitie you thing would be there. I think the goodness and selfless would be, but don't you remember even Jacob became more aggressive when he started to phase . Look over the all the books, he is the one character besides Bella and more than Bella that his presonality was always changing. So outwardly Edward would look the same but do you really think that he would be the Edward that we love? I have some doubt there, but willing to be swayed. :?
I don't think I can sway you, Diane. Maybe it's just wishful thinking from my side that Edward would be the same. I know Jacob got more aggressive. And I am afraid that Edward would get more hate in him, if he was a wolf. But still, I think Jacob had a moer bratty personality to begin with, and that was accentuated when he phased. So I would like to think that the good qualites in Edward would still be there for a large part. But I don't know.

Edit: Jade - Nice seeing you here! Good point about the mindreading, btw.
Ok lets stir the pot. :D I don't think Edward's personality or mind would be able to become a wolf. and you ask why, so here is my opine: Edward that we love is a gentleman of the early 1900's. Edward's interest range from music to cars. But the most important reason would be Edward would never be out of control or would he be a pack follower. The Cullens are a family
unit but they work as a family, the pack works different than that, they have a leader, they have to follow what they are told to do. Education wise Edward could learn and go anywhere he wanted. The pack from what I gather (please don't get too mad at me) is not into books and studying and becoming something outside their tribe. Edward' is a perfectionist and he would not see perfection in the world of werewolfs. Ok did I sway you Dovrebanen ? I put on new pictures on my signature for you, it helps Edward lovers follow my train of thought :lol: :lol: :lol:
JenTheWriter
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by JenTheWriter »

I'm 50-50 on the question now that I've read both sides of the argument. I would like to believe the core of Edward would still be there if he were a werewolf. But it is in vampirism that Edward took the essence of who he was then molded and sculpted himself into the being he is now. With lycanism (though SM never used the word) he'd have the same option to never age as Jacob pointed out. However his upbringing might've been different because he would've been raised on a rez. But that still doesn't change the essential core of who Edward is whether vampire or werewolf. Gotta run to work or I'd comment more. I will tonight!
"And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her," he promised.
Team Edward, Alice and Cullen! Swoonist. Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3's brain twin!
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

JenTheWriter wrote:I'm 50-50 on the question now that I've read both sides of the argument. I would like to believe the core of Edward would still be there if he were a werewolf. But it is in vampirism that Edward took the essence of who he was then molded and sculpted himself into the being he is now. With lycanism (though SM never used the word) he'd have the same option to never age as Jacob pointed out. However his upbringing might've been different because he would've been raised on a rez. But that still doesn't change the essential core of who Edward is whether vampire or werewolf. Gotta run to work or I'd comment more. I will tonight!
I do agree with you too but the Edward we love is a whole Edward and the core of Edward is based on him and his upbringing and I don't think that would be possible if he was a wolf. I can see an alpha wolf in him. a very caring, protectiive, and thoughtful alpha. And I would most likely fall for him but Edward is Edward as a vampire and you just can't take that out of him and put a total different species into him and have the same feelings for him. But I am open for swaying.