St.Cullen~ Carlisle's Medical Center ~ Team Carlisle

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: St.Cullen~ Carlisle's Medical Center ~ Team Carlisle

Post by navarre »

n0vaice wrote:New Question: Where on earth do you think Carlisle plans to move his family next given that it been 10 years or more since Breaking Dawn.

PC ~ 23

Probably Canada. Just head north and get out of "Dodge" for awhile. If not there, possibly Europe. Rainy areas like Scotland, Ireland, Wales. Maybe go and visit Zafrina and Senna and do major research while living in the Rain Forest. Continue to study Hybrids, so forth and so on.

Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

Jazz Girl wrote:New Question: Where on earth do you think Carlisle plans to move his family next given that it been 10 years or more since Breaking Dawn.

n0vaice~ An interesting conjecture. I actually really like the idea of the Cullen's in Scotland. I think the history there would intrigue especially Carlisle and Edward. And, certainly, I think Edward would want Bella and Ness to travel and see the world.

PE: 40
I agree with you on all counts. :mrgreen: Scotland is so like the Cullen's thing.
The only problem is their food source.

PC ~ 25
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
edwardsblossom
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Going crazy over Rogue and Gambit. Gotta love 'em; Hanging with TE and TC. Woot.

Post by edwardsblossom »

Hee hee, I just thought of something, related to the question. Nessie...in Scotland... :lol: :oops: :roll:

§ROMY Fan For Life§ImageImage
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

Hey!
And I agree...somewhere cold. Maybe Iceland.
Where's Sarah and her promos? *chugs postahol*

Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
cassis_rose
Changing People's Minds With Jasper

Post by cassis_rose »

A new question for you to ponder, How do you think Carlisle feel about the Volturi?

My opinion is, the relationship between Carlisle and the Volturi is not that of friends, but "friendly" acquaintances. There is a part of him that fear the Volturi's powers and a part that respects them. I think the underlining tension has been there since Carlisle begun to build on his family size and he will want to avoid that at all costs.

PE:33
Team Carlisle ~ Cullenist - Hail to Carlisle
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

How do you think Carlisle feels about the Volturi?

Well, before BD, he believed absolutely in the status of the Volturi as royalty and as the guardians of the vampiric world. They ruled that part of the world with absolute power, but unfortunately they abused that power - repeatedly. In the beginning, when he lived with them for the few decades, he found them to be the height of civility, order, class... A dyametric change from the way he had encountered vampires of the past; like sewer wraiths, ex: his sire.
But, when BD occurred, he had to set aside what he thought he understood about them and acknowledge their modus operandi which was punishment and acquisition - illegally. They went against their own sacrosanct laws, breaking them repeatedly over the centuries to suit their purposes and build their power base. And now they were going to take from Carlisle his family, friends and, in the end, Carlisle's life.
Pay backs are hell, and the Volturi, providing SM continues the story, may well get theirs.

Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Lacuna Scion
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Lacuna Scion »

How do you think Carlisle feel about the Volturi?

It seems a like a dysfunctional family to me. They meet on holidays and exchange kind words but there isn't much keeping one side from snapping. I think most of the issue here lies with the Volturi. Honestly, Carlisle is chilling with his family in the middle of nowhere just trying to blend in.

The Volturi, though, feel their growing size is a threat. I mean they're up to nine vampires now. And that's not even including Jacob. They have a heavy concentration of gifts and they're second in size only to the Volturi. They view that as an attempted power grab.

However, they made themselves look the fool, trying to either a) convert Carlisle's coven or b) destroy his coven by just about any means necessary. After all his time with them, they've definitely come down a couple rungs from where they started.

A lot of that's due to Carlisle's maturation. He went from a newborn, trying to deny his thirst and learn all he can to a kind, cultured leader of a family - not a coven. He's obviously grown greatly (and beyond the patriarchs of the Volturi). I think Carlisle maintains a respectful and cordial relationship with them, but is really quite happy to have them on the other side of the planet.

PE: 33
Team Leah - The Crappy Little Renegade Team | Team Esme
Team Carlisle | Screw You Freaks! I pick Ben! | Volturi - Rosalind
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

I think Carlisle respects their authority before BD. He wishes they would be vegetarians, but at least they keep others from giving up the vampires secret.
Some think that Carlisle hates Aro in BD, but I think otherwise. I feel that Carlisle, accepting as he is, realizes that Aro's job is to make sure the vampire world is safe and healthy. He didn't know Renesmee was a hybrid, and he thought she would be dangerous to him and his fellow vampires. I think Carlisle will realize that, and he and Aro will be friends again.

Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
edwardsblossom
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Going crazy over Rogue and Gambit. Gotta love 'em; Hanging with TE and TC. Woot.

Post by edwardsblossom »

I feel that perhaps, for a long time, Carlisle had a friendship with them. I think that maybe at some point the Volturi had met Carlisle's family later on when they'd assembled, and wished to keep some of them.

Or I could just be being silly, because I just see that as to have happened, not that there's any proof or anything to back it up.

But after such an encounter, the relationship was made a little awkward.

Then Bella came into the picture...

Not so friendly, but civil relationship I think, is how Carlisle sees it. :|

§ROMY Fan For Life§ImageImage
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

I'm here, Derek.

I do promotions every week or so, or when I think people need to be promoted.
I don't promote every day.

-Sarah
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!