Fan Fic Recommendation Thread

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
gkk
Wandering Through Town

Re: Fan Fic Recommendation Thread

Post by gkk »

fanpire624423 wrote:Peonies by sillybella is the best fic EVAR!
bring some tissues becasue you will be crying!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3261005/1/
Too too sad, tho! What about something more upbeat?
-gkk (gkkmouse, gkkstitch)

Image Image
gkk
Wandering Through Town

Post by gkk »

Lucyth wrote:Any E/B Fanfics? I despise A/H, so please, stick to the vamps ;)
Here's a couple. Rated M, and VERY VERY in-character! All Vamp, all Lemons, all FUN, lots of Cullen interactions! We're starting a whispering campaign that LOLASHOES is actually SM in her fan disguise. LOL

Let Your Light Shine
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4837355/1/

And it's sequel, An Extraordinary Life
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4881409/1/

Image Image
gkk
Wandering Through Town

Post by gkk »

How do you find fiction to read?

When I first started looking for FF, I found a forum on Twilight Lexicon where I found a "Recommended Fan Fiction" forum. That's where I started anyway.
http://forum.twilightlexicon.com/viewto ... f=29&t=473

Once I was there, I found another link and went to the "Missing Scenes" Community in FanFiction. In particular, I wanted to find the missing honeymoon. This was my 2nd foray into finding the stories I really wanted.
http://www.fanfiction.net/community/Mis ... ies/59778/

Once I found a handful of authors I liked, and who wrote the kinds of stories I personally liked, I looked at THEIR favorite stories lists, and THEIR favorite authors. I was going on the assumption that if we might have similar likes and dislikes based on the stories they wrote. That was the biggest benefit to finding stories that I enjoyed the most.

Becoming more voracious, I next started checking into the author's profiles. Based on their A/Notes where they often listed about winning awards, I started checking the award sites, which gave me another big list of favorite stories and authors and then I went back to reading THEIR faves again.
http://www.twilightawards.this-paradise.com/

Then I started discovering the stories on Adult Fan Fiction
http://books.adultfanfiction.net/main.php?list=2065

Which, oddly enough led me to Twilighted where an author said there were more stories. While I like Twilighted, I have some issues with their layout and background. It's beautiful, but too hard to read, and too hard to access from a hand-held device. What I really DO like about Twilighted, though, are the forums which are more active and fun than Twilight Lexicon and a few others I've investigated. But as a story site, Twilighted doesn't let me see my favorite author's personal favorite stories.

So Twilighted for forums, but FanFiction for stories and the ability to find other new stories based on the favorites marked by my favorite authors.

So it's important to use your Favorite Authors and Favorite Stories tabs to help other readers find the stories you like.

I saw Lola tweet about a story called VR, so I checked her "favorite stories" link and found it. It's called "Volterra Rocks."

But this is a good example of how readers can find stories. BE SURE TO MARK YOUR FAVORITES AND FAVORITE AUTHORS.

Image Image
gkk
Wandering Through Town

Post by gkk »

I need more Twi stories. I have friends recommending all these great books that they swear will get me hooked, but I'm not ready to give up Twi itself yet.

Don't get me wrong. There are AWESOME stories. (Wide Awake, The Dominant, Behind Enemy Lines, etc.) But I need more to a Twilight FF story than just folks using Twilight character names. LolaShoes and a handful of others seem to be the only ones staying true to the series.

::makes thoughtful sounds::

Which brings up another thing in regards to all the new Twilight 'award' websites. What are the rules about recommending stories if the only association a nominated story might have with Twilight is the character names? Are all the categories allowing AU/AH nominees? In that case, are they really Twilight awards, or just awards for good writing and compelling story lines?

There needs to be a new designation... TICNO. It means "Twilight" in characters name only.

Image Image
EandB
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by EandB »

Most of my stories stay true to the characters.
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

gkk wrote:I need more Twi stories. I have friends recommending all these great books that they swear will get me hooked, but I'm not ready to give up Twi itself yet.

Don't get me wrong. There are AWESOME stories. (Wide Awake, The Dominant, Behind Enemy Lines, etc.) But I need more to a Twilight FF story than just folks using Twilight character names. LolaShoes and a handful of others seem to be the only ones staying true to the series.

::makes thoughtful sounds::

Which brings up another thing in regards to all the new Twilight 'award' websites. What are the rules about recommending stories if the only association a nominated story might have with Twilight is the character names? Are all the categories allowing AU/AH nominees? In that case, are they really Twilight awards, or just awards for good writing and compelling story lines?

There needs to be a new designation... TICNO. It means "Twilight" in characters name only.
My story is completely based on canon... takes place 3 years after Breaking Dawn... link is in my signature :) I wrote it for the same reason you mentioned... I wanted Twilight, not characters that looked like and sometimes acted like Twilight.
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Amanda beth, I loved your story. I haven't gotten to all of it, because I have a ridiculous number of children, but you did a great job of staying in canon! Keep writing! :D
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Openhome wrote:Amanda beth, I loved your story. I haven't gotten to all of it, because I have a ridiculous number of children, but you did a great job of staying in canon! Keep writing! :D
Aww thanks! Just posted another chapter :)
Angelvamp
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Angelvamp »

Could anyone recommend some FF about Emily & Sam? Emily is my favorite character and I would like to see how people treat her in FF. So far, I have only read one that Black recommended, about Emily being pregnant. Thanks!
"Life is pain...anyone who tells you different is selling something."
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Definitely check out "Life After Forks" by Amanda Beth if you haven't already. She does stay very close to canon, and her story is not filled with smut.