Fan Fic Recommendation Thread

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Re: Fan Fic Recommendation Thread

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

I won't say WA is a bad story, and I can understand your fervor for it, but for me, its not something I could bring myself to read. My conscience would stop me before I could start, since my brain has issues with dark and graphic fics, and it would probably be a little too much for my standards to handle.
And I don't hate all AH/AU fics, I've just never found any I actually liked.

Doesn't this disscusion techinally belong on the "Fanfiction (*coughWAcough*) Disscussion Thread"?
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

dandyvampgirl_13 wrote: Doesn't this disscusion techinally belong on the "Fanfiction (*coughWAcough*) Disscussion Thread"?
It does indeed. I just felt the need to defend WA a bit :lol: Last word said on WA here.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Lucyth
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Lucyth »

Any E/B Fanfics? I despise A/H, so please, stick to the vamps ;)
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5010378/1/
Please read my Fanfic.
x..Toura
EandB
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by EandB »

I have a few EandB stories but they aren't posted yet.
I have a question where can I post a story that has Jackson and Kellan in it?
gkk
Wandering Through Town

Post by gkk »

cascsiany wrote:Hey guys, can you recommend any AH B/E fanfics? It doesn't matter the rating.

Try "A Matter of Convenience" by spotzle
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4171021

AU-AH. Bella Swan. Edward Cullen. One apartment. One year. Throw in some UST, a heaping spoonful of jealousy, a pinch of meaningful looks and deliberate misunderstandings. Toss them all in a blender, then hit puree. Garnish with a lemon twist.
-gkk (gkkmouse, gkkstitch)

Image Image
edwardsblossom
Location: Going crazy over Rogue and Gambit. Gotta love 'em; Hanging with TE and TC. Woot.

Post by edwardsblossom »

This is about one of my favorites when it comes to the Twilight fanfics! It's been around for a bit and it's amazing and the writing is to die for!

It's called Parenting Skills 101 by vjgm

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3808190/1/

Another by vjgm: Boycotts and Barflies
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3912153/1/

I can promise that approx. 9/10 people who read these stories will be addicted and happy to have read them! :D
§ROMY Fan For Life§ImageImage
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Hi guys!
I want to say thanks for all the fanfic recommendations, it is nice to find the good ones without having to look through all the not- so-great ones. So, Kudos and thanks for all the posting.

I have a rather long question, and I hope I am posting on the right thread. If not, please excuse the interruption and point me in the right direction.

Have any of you noticed a major change in the postings and reviews on fanfic over the last nine months to a year? I have a daughter and several of her friends who use me to beta read for them to post on fanfciction, and over the last year it seems to have become a rather nasty place. It used to be that the reviews could be rather harsh, but were very helpful to young writers, but now some of them are just attacks on the writer and a few of them were downright disgusting (we reported some of the sexually explicit ones).

I love the idea of fanfiction and I truly appreciate the site's system of rating them so that you know when some of them are just too harsh for younger readers, but I am becoming very disillusioned with the viewer and reviewers that post there.

Any help or suggestions as well as your personal experiences would be very helpful as my daughter and her friends are no longer wanting to write and post stories, and I hate that they want to stop writing. Thanks.
gkk
Wandering Through Town

Post by gkk »

This story has just been completed.
AU-Vampire-Original Character-Bella&Edward-DRAMA
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4812189

January, 2009 - ANTITHESIS (Twilight)

"In the province of the mind, what one believes to be true either is true or becomes true."

So, about "Antithesis"... The story starts at the end of "Twilight" for a couple chapters, then jumps to a (slightly) AU after "Breaking Dawn." It's about 10 years past BD, and really the only thing AU about it is that I haven't included Renesmee. I just don't feel we got to know her well enough, and I never got a sense of her relationship with everyone, her being a baby and all. To be honest, while I thought she was novel and sweet and cute and was the end result of some really incredible drama, the "Twilight" story has always been a love-story involving Edward and Bella. So that's what I like to write about.

I've been fascinated with the 'other side of' a relationship like theirs. What happens when you've found what you've spent a lifetime searching for, and then lose it? Hence, I introduce Rolle. He lost his true love and that loss has shattered him, just as it almost shattered Edward. Now broken and damned, Rolle's fractured mind has tried to make it easier for him to survive without the woman he loved. (Survival being a relative term.) When he sees what Edward and Bella have together, he pledges that they will never suffer that kind of loss, even if that means staying away from his friends... until he hears a rumor of suspicion that will bring the Volturi to the Cullen's doorstep once again.

I'm giving a special nod to LolaShoes and her stories "Let Your Light Shine" and "An Extraordinary Life" here, and borrowing a couple aspects of her stories for use in "Antithesis" for a little continuity: Edward's artistic abilities, how he came to terms with his ability as a newborn vampire and their Midnight till Six time together. Of all the fiction I've read, LolaShoes' insight into Edward and Bella's life together after BD has inspired me the most. She gave me the substance to reflect on everything Rolle is trying to protect. You could probably say that "Antithesis" is not only Twilight FF, but also LolaShoes FF.

This is my tribute to those who love the Love Story.

Here is a teaser...

Alice stumbled at my side and screamed. "No! Rolle, NO!"

Edward bellowed in outrage and the sound that erupted from him scared me more than I had ever been before. It was rage, denial, betrayal and fear.

"What? Edward, what?" I cried, frantic with dread. Something was horribly wrong.

My hand flew back to Alice who grabbed my fingers so hard it felt like she would crush them. "What did you see??" I screamed frantically, but Alice could not talk. Jasper wrapped his hands under her arm and the four of us found new speed as we raced home.

I hadn't realized we had gotten so far away from the house. Even though each mile flew by, even though the rain and wind of the hurricane pushed us with a heavy hand to slow us down, even though I didn't want the thoughts that were going through my mind, I didn't want to face the inevitable. The Volturi? Rolle's precarious mental stability? The hurricane that drove us in carnal instinctual ways I couldn't yet understand? I could only think one thing....

What has he done?

I pictured Rolle's hand smashing flat against Demetri's chest and I thought of Esme; sweet loving Esme vanishing into dust.

I pictured Rosalie, fighting back, blow after granite-cracking blow.

I pictured Emmett, tackling Rolle in mid-air and falling to a ledge.

It was none of them.

It was all of them.

It was the heart and soul of our family.

...it was Carlisle...

The four of us burst through the trees and into the yard... into Hell.

Rolle had Carlisle trapped from behind. With only one arm he held Carlisle locked in place with a frightening twist of limbs that seemed capable of ripping them off with a single motion. Rolle's other hand was clamped down on Carlisle's jaw, forcing his head back in another extreme position. I choked on the image of how easy it would be for Rolle to rip Carlisle's upper body apart using this torturous hold.
-gkk (gkkmouse, gkkstitch)

Image Image
Fizzles
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Fizzles »

edwardsblossom wrote:This is about one of my favorites when it comes to the Twilight fanfics! It's been around for a bit and it's amazing and the writing is to die for!

It's called Parenting Skills 101 by vjgm

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3808190/1/

Another by vjgm: Boycotts and Barflies
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3912153/1/

I can promise that approx. 9/10 people who read these stories will be addicted and happy to have read them! :D
Thanks for this! Read them this week and loved them both. Was grinning from ear to ear at times whilst reading. Some very funny moments. Its so hard sometimes trolling through all the fan fics to find ones that are good so the recommendations are truly appreciated. There are so many unfinshed ones that I want to start. Like with Wide Awake - its torture waiting for updates!
Member of Rob's Halfway House
edwardsblossom
Location: Going crazy over Rogue and Gambit. Gotta love 'em; Hanging with TE and TC. Woot.

Post by edwardsblossom »

:mrgreen:
I know, right! You should read all of that author's work! Amazing all around. :D
§ROMY Fan For Life§ImageImage