Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
lara
Settled in Forks

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Post by lara »

soozabooza54 wrote:I just feel like the concern about size would be the same no matter what actor they cast. Either they cast for the last three movies (that they aren't even sure are going to be made) and the first movie looks really wrong, or they cast for the first one and then figure the rest out as they go. Any age appropriate boy they would have cast (read: 20 or under-ish) is not going to be able to grow a foot overnight, so it really has nothing to do with Taylor. Also, the idea of Jacob getting bigger because of the werewolf thing really isn't all that important to the movie (I know I'll get flack for that, but it's true) - you just need to know that his body is going through changes. There are ways to show that - Taylor will get buffer, and he's going to look older (the speed at which 16 year old boys mature is ridiculous) and taller and etc.

This is my "lay off Jacob cuz he's awesome" post. Haha. :) I love him - when he's smiling, I'm smiling, which is the most PERFECT thing for Jacob ever, regardless of if he can grow like a werewolf or not. :)
Good point. I would've loved Steven Strait, but he is pushing it, age-wise (for Twilight, notsomuch after New Moon). And Taylor has a great Jacoby smile, so I'm down.
"My apologies, dog." - Edward Cullen, Eclipse
JodeenSings
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: By my Spaceheater fighting off DISNEY PEOPLE with a spork!

Post by JodeenSings »

I loved Taylor on My Own Worst Enemy tonight. He is a tremendous fighter - could handle action scenes very well. He also seemed very tall next to Christian Slater . . . .
~~~Image~~~
team turtle - that's how we roll
^Is that dorky enough for you Taylor?^
* My Dork Prowess - Spork Fencing! *
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

JodeenSings wrote:I loved Taylor on My Own Worst Enemy tonight. He is a tremendous fighter - could handle action scenes very well. He also seemed very tall next to Christian Slater . . . .
Yeah I hope that means he's getting taller NOT that Christian Slater is a shrimp!!!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Amen to Taylor on My Own Worst Enemy tonight. He got some good air time and I just have to say what a hottie teenage. Too young for me but... yeah he looked good and I though the did well. I can't wait to see a bit of Jacob. 1 week!
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
bookluvverx4
Settled in Forks

Post by bookluvverx4 »

*SIgh.* I LOVE Jacob...next to Ian, of course...and all my friends hated him, and when he turned out to be a hot guy in the move, I was saying "HAH! HE'S CUTER THAN EDWARD!" (But he grew on me too.) I just wish that Taylor didn't have to wear that wig....he's much cuter with short hair....they'll have ways to "buff him up" for the next movie, they do it in films all the time.
TEAM JACOB ALL THE WAY! TEAM O'SHE...PROOF THAT NOT ALL GUYS ARE THE SAME!
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

I know that Christian Slater is shorter than you would expect him to be. But I also think that Taylor is getting taller. :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Taylor is so not cuter than Rob!!!! He is really cute though. Maybe it's because Taylor is way too young for me.

Christian Slater is short? I didn't know that. I love him also. He is so sexy. I think Taylor is getting taller also! He may grow and develop well enough to pull off adult Jacob. I must say, for a boy - he is ripped! I think he will buff himself up for New Moon.

Yes, Taylor is far cuter with his short hair.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
JodeenSings
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: By my Spaceheater fighting off DISNEY PEOPLE with a spork!

Post by JodeenSings »

Christian Slater is 5' 8 1/2" according to imdb, and it lists Taylor as 5' 9". Someone get a yardstick - I don't think that is correct now.

My opinion - Taylor is "cuter" than Rob. Rob is well, something quite indescribable, but not "cute." I like when someone defined him as "dangerously attractive."

It was great, also, on My Own Worst Enemyto see Taylor's dark/moody side. I sure hope they aren't thinking twice about filming New Moon. I heard the screenwriter say in an interview that she could not imagine the second movie without Edward in it for a signigicant part! I say "yeah more screen time for Taylor!!!!!"
~~~Image~~~
team turtle - that's how we roll
^Is that dorky enough for you Taylor?^
* My Dork Prowess - Spork Fencing! *
Massacre
Settled in Forks

Post by Massacre »

Oh I think Taylor's great for Twilight, he's had so much acting experience before and that should help. If he's contracted for New Moon, though, I don't know how he'll handle that growth spurt... I read he's going to avoid sweets and sugars and work out twice as much as he does (imagine the abs he have then! *swoon*) now. Maybe for the height they'll put him on stilts? xD But I think he will be absolutely fantastic as a Jake. He's adorable, and friendly and warm and kind, which totally fits the part. :)
Team Switzerland;; because Jasper's in my head
<3 Jacob Black
<3 Edward Cullen

"Freaky Bella."
dancrkittycat
Wandering Through Town

Post by dancrkittycat »

I know that Christian Slater is shorter than you would expect him to be. But I also think that Taylor is getting taller.
he's only 16 so he had time to get taller, and he's a martial arts ninja guy so he'll get buffer. muscle milk helps!

ha ha