Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan #2

Post by VirginiaMay »

Hi Ladies & Gents! First post on this thread.

First: Happy Birthday to Miss Kristen!!! 21!!! :yahoo:

Second: I too really enjoyed WttR, StellaBB. I liked the performances in Runaways, but not the content. I did think that they were 100% spot on to choose Kris to play Joan Jett & she worked hard to capture the character. I just didn't like the character. (And I hated the hair with a fiery passion. Just sayin'...) Maybe try Adventureland next, if you haven't see it yet. Just prepare yourself for a plethora of words that start with "F". :grin: I also liked In The Land of Women. Meg Ryan is a no brainer for me though. I grew up watching her.

Third: On Kristen's acting in general, I get a little ticked off when people are overly critical of her. Especially in the role of Bella Swan. Bella, to me, was written as a sort of vanilla character. She was supposed to be very neutral so the reader could relate to her easily. So the performance Kristen gave, in my opinion, reflected that. Not to mention, that there are many different types of performers and roles. Kristen seems to choose things that inspire her, or she feels passionate about sharing and so I think we see some of just what makes her Kristen all of the time. People seem to think that means she can't act. Wrong. That just happens to be the type of actor she is.

Well, that's my first post. Thanks for reading it! ~ Ginnie
Last edited by VirginiaMay on Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Pretty much my point. She takes what she's been given and does the best with it.

And besides, it's not her fault that she was a teenager most of the time that she's been an actress and that Speak has lead to her being typecast. It's certianly not her fault that Speak has become a watershed moment for her (that was the movie that led her to continue to act), and that she's often been given subpar material, and that she was an actress though out her teen years.

Give Kristen a chance, and actually watch the films that critics and her fans like, such as Speak. I've said that before, and I'll probably say it again.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

I have to agree with what I think you're saying Chernaudi.

This may seem like an odd comparison, but if you're familiar with Giovanni Ribisi, he has a similar quality to his acting (I think) in that a lot of his quirks come through in a performance. When we were younger, my sister used to say that he couldn't act, he was just weird. I tended to agree with her at the time, thinking that if a movie needed someone weird in a role, they would cast him b/c he was already weird. But now, many years later, look at how his career has developed! Seriously? Look at his resume and tell me the guy can't act just because his personality traits and some of his quirks came through in many of his performances.

Like I said, it may seem an odd comparison, and not one to say that Kristen is weird... just to reflect how people can be themselves, give all different kinds of performances, and still be good actors. Just cause you don't like it, doesn't mean it didn't take talent to bring to life.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Kristen just won the Milan International Film Festival award for Best Actress for her part in Welcome to the Rileys.

And this was no fan-voted award. A panel of judges were invited to screenings in private and voted on line in private.

Maybe that'll shut some of the haters up, as this is a fairly significant film festival award voted on by actual judges.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
StellaBlueBella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by StellaBlueBella »

VirginiaMay wrote: This may seem like an odd comparison, but if you're familiar with Giovanni Ribisi, he has a similar quality to his acting (I think) in that a lot of his quirks come through in a performance.
You know, that's an interesting comparison I never would have thought of it on my own but I do think you have a point. It's all about the mannerisms/body language/facial expressions. I am sure there is some technical acting term for it...

Chernaudi - Thanks for the rec, I will definitely check out Speak, and for updating us on Kris's award. That is awesome!!

• To comprehend a nectar Requires sorest need.
sonylr
Settled in Forks

Post by sonylr »

:heartbroke:

I love the way Kristen moved towards the character of Bella. She was succeessfull .
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Can someone please explain to me why it is that there are people claiming that there is no way that it could possibly be Kristen in the latest Breaking Dawn 1still? I'm not exactly sure the logic or the argument that exists. I'm fairly sure the motivation is pure jealousy and hate. But, yeah, not following that one. Just thought I'd put that question out there.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

What still? I haven't seen it.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
StellaBlueBella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by StellaBlueBella »

I haven't heard about this so I don't know for sure what still you mean...? Is it this? If so, why wouldn't that be her?

• To comprehend a nectar Requires sorest need.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

No. The leaked still of them in the waterfall that has been taken down. There was all manner of speculation that it was not Kristen, similar to all the speculation that the person in the love scenes involving a certain headboard is not Rob. I'm so over mean people. They suck.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS