Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
clariissaa
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Edi Gathegi as Laurent

Post by clariissaa »

I didn't know he was on House until I read the opening credits.
And I love his accent in the movie. He'll do great.
Avocado
Settled in Forks

Post by Avocado »

Does a black person get pale as ice after being bitten? If they do, it doesen't make sense that the actors so dark-colorued... But I guess it would be impossible to make a black guy look pale!
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

Omg! I adore his accent, espically in the second trailer!

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

clariissaa wrote:I didn't know he was on House until I read the opening credits.
And I love his accent in the movie. He'll do great.
Me too! I was watching last night and his name popped up...I was like...seriously?!? He looks so much younger then in the previews and interviews...I guess the dreads make him look older...me likey the dreads ;)
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
LeechesRule95
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by LeechesRule95 »

Ummmm arent vampires supposed to be pale whıte lıke a ghost... Serıously Im not racıst but ummm well ı never ever pıctured laurent lıke thıs at all............ But ı lıke hıs accent ıts cool..... If you read new moon youll kno why ı dont lıke the fact that he looks too nıce and not VICIOUS!!!! :twisted:

TRAINEE OF E.D.C.!!!!!!!!!

I <3 BLUE BLOODS ALMOST AS MUCH AS TWILIGHT! ( i said almost!)
Ellie Ibis
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Ellie Ibis »

If you're black to begin with, becoming a vampire probably isn't going to turn you white. I mean, has Meyer ever explained what exactly happens in the skin cells? No, right? Since we don't have a definitive, scientific answer, I say the idea of a black vampire is perfectly fine.

Personally, I love the idea of Edi Gathegi as Laurent. I think he looks amazing in the role and I think he'll do a great job.
the cops & the kids & the cats & the robbers
& the stolen moments from the out of tune guitars
stdg123
Settled in Forks

Post by stdg123 »

I have to agree that I didn't picture Laurent black either. All the vampires are always described as being the palest skin ever seen.
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Okay... not until I read the posts above... He's in House??? Really? Who does he play??? Um... I've watched a lot of House...

okay. i could of given two hoots about Edi before 12 seconds ago. No. I coulda given him one hoot.

I read the new article posted in a Q & A form.
http://inspire-magazine.org/edi.php

Can i say, i love him now. Not like Rob Love (sorry Edi..) but I adore his personality. Read it... otherwise I wana quote it. I just love that it made him a normal human guy, totally cool, now a fan, has the Host on his bedside table, got the part without knowing the books... and I like him a lot as a person.

I will admit... nevermind... I'm not ready to admit it...

this is funny!
Q. If you could be roommates with anyone from the Twilight cast or crew, who would you pick? Couldn't be Kellen because eventually over time I would forget that his genetic code and metabolism is different than most human beings and I would eat all the candy he keeps in his room and end up looking like jabba the hut. Living with Rob would probably leave me with insomnia as a result of all the women who would probably be sliding love notes under the door or calling late night and whatnot. I would pick Catherine. So we could spend all night writing the next academy award winning script.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

I LOVE EDI... he makes me laugh so hard at everything he does interview-wise. He just has such a childlike spirit and is always joking about something. He's enjoying life to the fullest and just having so much fun with all of this!

He was "Big Love" on House - last season, all the interns vying for the jobs with House, he was the Mormon guy. He was brilliant too! I love that show!
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

I don't think that thinking that people can't see Laurent as being black is being racisit.

Just for the record, I'm mixed (black/white) and I'm on the lighter shade almost on the olive complexion. I just think that Edi came in and read for Laurent and they fell in love with him, not taking note of his color.

Olive complexion could mean anything, I my mind olive means someone who maybe of Hawaiian decent but it could mean something different to someone else. So we all tend to have or own opinions of color and that doesn't make us racist at all.

So, if anyone who thinks that they added the black/asian person in the movie to appease all the races, I think is mistaken. Just because there is a black, asian, indian, etc. is in a movie doesn't mean that race of people will flock to see the movie.

I think that they chose the best actors for the parts no matter the skin color but just on there acting ability and how well they took to each character.

Personally, I don't take any comments about no one seeing Laurent as black personally because I didn't see that happening either.

Edi will make a great Laurent and the accent he came up with is awesome.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!