American Idol

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Re: American Idol

Post by Jasper<3 »

Bleh. I don't like the picture they used, it makes his face look funky.

I can't wait for tomorrow! What's the theme?
List, Gnat ♥
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Don't they drop the theme night for top 3?

Anyway each finalist is gonna sing two songs, one of their own choice, and one of a judge's choice.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

Nat, I thought the same thing when I saw the cover of EW! I have a subscription, so I got my copy in the mail on Friday. I even took a pic of it on my phone and texted it to Sarah because I thought he looked so weird. It's like he was super air brushed or something, and not in a good way. :?
Image Image
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

^ Well, I didn't think EW!, I just thought... uh... ? Why are his cheekbones messed up?

Maybe they do drop the theme, I just spaced it...
List, Gnat ♥
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Kris is American Idol!!!!!!!!

Post by maddy<3twilight »

GO KRIS GO!!!
he did awesome for heartless!
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
Bellsuz
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Kris is American Idol!!!!!!!!

Post by Bellsuz »

maddy<3twilight wrote:GO KRIS GO!!!
he did awesome for heartless!
Now that Allison is gone... :cry: :cry: ...Kris is my new favorite. I've always liked him as my #2 and he definitely proved himself tonight!! I totally agree that Heartless was a-w-e-s-o-m-e!!!!! I liked Apologize too, I just think Kris is more my style you know??

Adam is too much for me. And Danny is good, but I just don't know...too cheesy??

But sadly here's how I think it will go tomorrow: Kris will go, Danny and Adam in the top 2.
Image Credit to emaleth @ Vesperarium :)
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

Edward_Addict wrote:I live in Cali too and I'm curious, where is his old high school? I couldn't go anyways because I'll be at Disneyland with my nephew, but I was just wondering. That might be kind of fun to go see though, if the crowd wasn't such a nightmare.
Sorry I didn't get back to you! Its north San Diego county. I ended up not going :( Maybe if I weren't in the middle of finals I would have gone, but then again... not a fan of crazy crowds! He even had an appearance at the Marine base my husband is stationed at (and is a 2 min drive from my apartment). Oh well...

I can't believe it, but I am a Kris fan now... maybe even more than I am a Danny fan. Didn't see that coming... but I also don't think there is much of a chance of Adam not winning, but I guess we will see...
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

I actually hated Danny's performances. They were just too... too... not good. I dunno, I just didn't like either one. I hope he goes home.

I was never a big Kris fan but I think he did amazing with Heartless. Even my bf liked it, and he can't stand Kris. It's weird, but I'd rather watch him now than Danny. :? Crazy.

I love Adam, but I think we just expect greatness from him all the time. This week wasn't a big stand out for me, but I still think he did great. They were two good, solid performances.

Oh and who else is really irked by Kara, now more than ever? I was so glad when Simon called her out for criticizing Kris about not changing Apologize, when that was the song she chose for him! :roll: I really hope she's not around next season.
Image Image
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Post by Mrs. Jasper Hale »

So, maybe I just haven't been watching AI long enough but last year at this time, I was still being totally amazed by the two Davids and this year, all three guys' performances were just eh!

I did really like Danny's version of You Are So Beautiful! It made me want to cry but that might be because I was really tired and my contacts were dry! ;)

Kris: I didn't like Heartless at first but then I listened to it a second time and I really like it now. Apologize didn't do much for me but I am so in love with the original that to listen to someone else do it was just wrong. I told my mom that Kris sang the same song that Kanye sang when he was on then I played Kanye's version and she said that she would much rather listen to Kris' anyday over Kanye's!

Oh and Mandy: The idea that Kyle liked Kris's version of Heartless just shows how good it was!

Adam: Can he do anything besides scream? I heard a guy on the radio say that he thinks he might be off because he did so much screaming last night and people might be over that. I love a good screamer but when he screams all the time, it gets old.

I want Kris and Danny to stay.

I have no idea who is going home. I have no idea who is staying. I am kinda worried.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." -Jackson Rathbone on Jasper Hale
ImageImage
Twilight Mafia- Roxy Bengaza
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

I agree, Sarah- Adam might win, but can you imagine the CD he'd come out with? At some point it's all going to have a high note being screeched out. Not saying that he can't do it, but ten plus tracks of that gets old fast. Look at Kelly Clarkson- she's popular, sure- but most of her songs are screamed out. That one show this season when she was on, she sounded horrible, like her voice was half-gone.

I loved Kris's "Heartbreaker" too, and that's saying a lot because I don't like Kanye West. It also reminds me of how he changed up "She Works Hard for the Money." Even if he goes home tonight, I'm sure someone's going to approach him- and I think he'll put out a really great album, even if it's all his acoustic versions of other songs. :D

Danny... I was also quite "meh" about his performance, except for the second song. You could feel the emotion in that one.