Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Well, school holidays are over at the end of this week. Next week Little Man will be back at school and I'll be back in the work office. I have an editing job for work at the moment and I'm not happy doing it as it has some really terrible things in it. I'll talk to my boss about it when I go back to to the office next week.

Sarah - glad you made it through the week okay. Yes, Little Man seems to be enjoying them as well. :D
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

We're preparing to leave this weekend on a cruise but I'll try to check in here again before I leave. It's been a quiet weekend, reading Karen Kingsbury books and starting to pack. I've also been doing things around the house and getting in the mood to craft again.

I found Stephanie Meyer's new book at the library but it looked a bit too intense for me though I would be really interested to see how her writing style has changed or improved since the Twilight saga. I haven't read the Host either since I don't tend to read things about demons or spirits.

I also saw Veronica Roth has a new book out for a series starter but after Allegiant I'm just not sure. I haven't heard anymore about the movie after part one bombed at the box office.

Lynne-How'd the editing job turn out? It must be nice to have LM's holidays spread out over the year instead of in one lump during the summer (though I know you're currently in summer ;) ).
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

It was my first day back at work yesterday and Little Man's first day back at school. I'm happy to say both went well. It's nice that Little Man doesn't seem too put out by going to school. Definitely a good thing. :)

Sarah - The Host wasn't really about demons and spirits or I probably wouldn't have read it either. It was about aliens called 'souls' who took over human bodies. They are a physical presence, not a supernatural one. I enjoyed The Host. The Chemist was definitely intense and there was certainly a bit of death in there (as you'd expect when you're dealing with the world of spies) but I still enjoyed it, although it was heavy going. I'm still doing the editing job and it's not fun!
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

So after a couple discussions and having lunch with Caryn the other day, I thought I'd come back on the boards just to see if anyone's still on here and to reminisce a little bit. Posted on the teen thread (showing how long exactly I've been here AND how long it's been since we were all really active. :shock: ) and figured that I hadn't truly been back for a proper reminiscing unless I stopped by our HH thread to say hi to anyone who might still be lurking as well. Really I kind of want to get my post status out of the wolves and back into a more vampire-centric one, but I won't give whichever mods may still be here a hard time like that.

I hope anyone who is still here is doing well, and if you're not on the HH girls Facebook group, hopefully I'll see you again next time I randomly drop in!

*tidies up the house a little bit and airs the place out, closes it all back up and sets the heat on low in case of guests*
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hi there, Ashley. It's good to see you back. Sarah and I still lurk here regularly. We're trying to keep the place alive. :-) You're welcome to join us, if you like.

At the moment, we're having a quiet weekend, after celebrating Australia Day last Thursday. Little Man had his first cricket match of the season yesterday and I went to a lunch with some people in a Goodreads book club. I had a great time chatting to them about books. :)
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all :wave:

After 8 days away, I'm back home safe and settling back into my routine. It snowed a ton, like eight inches, as we were flying home so getting back from the airport was a little crazy. Other than that the trip was amazing!

I managed to get a few books read while on the ship, all Karen Kingsbury, and downloaded a few more before getting on the plane. It kept me sane when we got stuck on the tarmac for over an hour, trying to get to a gate.

Hi Ashley!!! Good to see you! I came around right at the end of the fandom but I still love this place :)

Lynne-Happy birthday!!! :clap: :clap: I hope it's been fun and you've gotten spoiled!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I had a nice time on my birthday. I got a new watch, some jewellery and some clothes. On Saturday we'll celebrate with my parents and my brother and I'll probably get a few more things then. :D

It's so hot here at the moment. We're having what is the longest heatwave I can ever remember. It's gone on for about two weeks and isn't scheduled to break until next Tuesday. This weekend is going to be the worst of it. I'm so sick of it! At least we have air conditioning and Little Man's classroom this year does too. It would be intolerable for him if it weren't the case.

Sarah - glad to hear your trip went so well. I've never seen it snow like that before. I've been to places where there was snow on the ground but I've never seen it fall like that.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

I'm super excited because I found the download option on my Netflix app so I downloaded Twilight this morning and listened to it while I cleaned..I haven't watched it in a while so it was really entertaining! I'm really hoping they add New Moon soon since I don't own the digital copy of that one either, just Eclipse and BD 1. It really took me back, swooning over it all again..those were the days!

Lynne-glad you had a great birthday!! :clap: :clap: we don't usually get a ton of snow like that, it came out of no where. Thankfully it's melted and we're back into the 50s. It made work difficult on Monday and Tuesday. How hot is it there?
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Okay, the heat is now kind of out of control.

It's supposed to be going up to 104 here today, and that's with humidity, so it will feel a lot warmer than that. Tomorrow will be similar. But after about two straight weeks of this kind of weather, we'll finally get a couple of days this week when it's a lot cooler. Only briefly, of course, then we'll be back to the hot stuff!

Sarah - yes, I need to watch Twilight again myself. I miss it. :)
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

I loved having Twilight on my phone, it took me back :) Having the download option has been awesome, I don't plan on cancelling Netflix now.

It's been a pretty quiet week otherwise, work and life. We didn't do much for Valentine's Day, just pizza and champagne here. I hate the crowds!

I had dinner with a friend Wednesday and then last night Jason and I took dinner over to his cousins' house who just had a baby three weeks ago. I needed baby snuggles! :D :D He's precious and it gave his mama a break.

Lynne-how's the heat now? Has it broken yet?