Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Not much going on here, just work.

Lynne-I'll try! I wish my Kindle app worked :/ I'll have to speak to Amazon about that. At least I can read on my phone in my browser. Hope you have fun with your in laws!
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

We've been watching flight radar online, and my sister-in-law and her husband have just arrived in Sydney. Now they'll go through customs and get a domestic flight to Brisbane. They should be here about 10.30 am. I'm really excited about seeing them. It's been five years since they last visited.

Sarah - you should be able to find a free app online that will help you look at your Kindle files. Have a google search and see what you can find.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Quiet night here again, just errands and housework. My life is simple during the week.

Lynne-Oh that's a good idea, I'll have to check that out. I'm able to access books from the library on my phone so it bugs me my Amazon log in doesn't work on my Kindle app. Have fun with your in laws, hope they get there safe!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Sorry I haven't written much this week, but this week's been pretty miserable so far. I've been sick since Sunday with what I think is a cold, but it's not leaving me. And it's been really annoying and draining, especially with the weather. And I'm not alone, the past two weeks my brothers have had something similar and one of my friends was also sick all last week with something similar.

One bright spot is that if all goes well, my grandma should be back home today. I'll wait and see if that happens, but I've been told that she should be back home sometime today.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

The in-laws arrived safely, although my sister-in-law had a terrible flight as she has a cold and the pressure on her ears while in the plane was almost too much for her. Fortunately, she made it okay. I hope they got some sleep last night and they should have an easy day today to recover from everything.

I'm trying to get some more editing work, but although I've had a few enquiries, there are no jobs as yet. :(

Sarah - yeah, have a look for one. It might be just what you need.
michelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by michelle »

Hi guys!

So far everything is OK here, apart from the fact that it’s the time when the summer visitors depart, which is always sad…

I am currently reading the book “A company of swans” by Eva Ibbotson, that I saw it once recommended by Stephenie. The beginning is a little bit dull but now I’ve come to the point where I can’t put it down, and when I do I’m constantly thinking of it… :geek:

Sarah, we don’t have blackberry bushes (only a wild kind with thorns) and for me the image of picking blackberries is like reading a fairytale!

Lynne, have fun with your in-laws. I remember when I was a kid a magician performed here and we all were so thrilled…
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I was having a bad day yesterday, wondering if I would ever get an editing job. Later on, I had a major meltdown. Our home loan is on a fixed rate which we re-fix every year. The bank we use sends us a form to re-fix it. I'd been watching out for the form, knowing it's due about now, but instead yesterday I received a letter from them saying that they hadn't heard from us so they'd changed it to a variable rate (which happens automatically if you don't apply for the fixed rate). That meant our repayments would go up by more than $100 a month!
I was frantic. We hadn't received any letter about renewing the fixed loan. I rang them in a mad panic. At the moment, an extra $100 a month would be really hard to find. On the fixed loan, the amount we are repaying per month would have gone down.
Fortunately, they just needed us to sign a form and they will change it back. They normally charge a $450 fee for doing this but waived it because we'd got on to them so promptly. Phew! I don't know what happened to the letters they sent but this isn't the first time I haven't received an important letter like that from someone. The Australian postal service is usually pretty good but sometimes it does stuff up.

Michelle - glad to hear you're going well. We will be going to a show my brother-in-law is doing in a few weeks. I'm looking forward to it! :)
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey everyone :)

Last night we had dinner with my parents, just because, and tonight we're headed to my mother in laws for dinner. I can't believe how fast this summer has gone by!

Lynne-oh I hate random price increases like that, how annoying!

Michelle- I usually never pick them, I prefer to buy them from local farms. We didn't end up finding that many so I let my friend let take them.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Tonight has been the first time since Saturday night that I've felt sort of normal this whole week. For the rest of tonight, I'll be resting up and looking up a few things.

Outside of that, I'm hoping to go back to work tomorrow, which shouldn't be a problem now that I'm actually finally starting to feel better. Normally, a cold only bothers me for 1-2 days and I get over them quickly. This thing has hung around all week, and I've only started to feel significantly better tonight.

Other than that, I just want things to get back to normal. Grandma's home and she's doing OK and finally, no one in my immediate family is deathly ill like I've been this week. My older brother had this all last week, my little brother got it over the weekend, and I got it Sunday.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Today we are putting together a Tim Tam Cheesecake, which we will be taking to my in-laws' place when we go tomorrow. A Tim Tam is the most amazing biscuit (cookie for Americans) in the world. Google them if you want to know what they're like. I believe they've started importing them to America so you can experience their fantastic goodness. The cheesecake is really rich. Yum!

Sarah - the year's flying by, isn't it? I can't believe it's almost the end of August!