Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Suzan »

Hey everyone!
What's going on around here these days? I haven't logged on in ages it feels like. I don't even remember what my avatar and banner look like. It'll be a surprise when I hit that submit button. :D
(edit: Oh right! Still love them! LOL)

There's not much interesting going on with me. My dad is very seriously ill. I recently graduated and now I'm unemployed and broke. So my life kinda sucks right now. I have bad days, but most of the time I try to keep the spirit and motivation up! Anyways, I didn't come here to feel sorry for myself. And I do have some fun things lined up as well. Like a performance with my ballet group in two months. And I've picked up my childhood hobby of drawing again. So that's cool.

But enough about me. How are you all doing? I think I spot a new (to me at least) member. Hi! :wave:
Are you guys excited for the Twilight Storytellers? I haven't heard much about it to be honest. I'm not really sure what it's supposed to become. But I am really curious to see the adaptations of the little stories that didn't get as much attention before.

And since this is Rob's HH, I think I'll leave this here for you:
I'm suddenly thirsty...
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Well, I went to the other bookstore yesterday. It's part of a franchise and I've had good success with book signings at another of their stores. However, it seems things have changed. The manager looked apologetic and said they now had new policies company-wide on book signings and forms had to be filled out, etc. He was going to email a copy to me but it sounds like they're now demanding quite a sizeable discount on the books, which would make it pointless to go there because that would likely mean I lose money on any book sold there. I don't know the exact situation as I haven't seen the forms yet but I'm not hopeful. It's sad because it will probably mean I now can't get a book signing at this other store either, unless this guy was lying to me. However, he'd have to know that I'd check with other stores in the chain so it seems odd for him to do that. Why not just tell me he doesn't do book signings? That's what everyone else who doesn't want me does.

We've had huge quantaties of rain here over the past 48 hours. There has been flooding everywhere and many people couldn't get home from work last night and had to bunk down with friends, etc. Fortunately, we were fine here. All the drainage work we've done on our yard finally seems to be doing the trick! :D

Sarah - I steer clear of John Green because I don't think I could handle the emotion of his stories. Yes, I'm glad some sort of marketing is working. I'm definitely better at the online stuff than I am at the local stuff.

Suzan - thanks for the Rob gift! :D I'm sorry to hear you can't find work. Hopefully something will turn up soon and I hope your dad gets better too.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Helloooo???
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey everyone!

Yesterday I took a train up with Jason and two of his cousins and their wives, who I've become good friends over the past few years, to Vancouver, Canada and then took a one night cruise back to Seattle. We wanted to get an idea of what cruises are like since they all love them and I've never traveled with friends before. We had so much fun but since I was technically international, I couldn't log on here :)

I've been listening to Eclipse and BD 1 on my iPod again and it's making itch to read the books again but I know they won't count for my Goodreads Challenge :/ I may just do it anyway, it's been a good 6 months since I've read the Saga, since we went to Forks.

Lynne-Goodness me that's frustrating :/ So sorry to hear that. I totally get why you hate cold calling! Glad you're safe from the floods though.

Suzan-Glad to see you around!! What'd you get your degree in? The job market for certain fields is so tough :/

I haven't been keeping good tabs on the Storytellers thing either since I heard the original cast wasn't going to be involved..it's still interesting though.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

This weekend went pretty good so far. Chief reason for that is this:

http://www.audi-motorsport.com/de/en/we ... /spa_.html

I also got groceries and now I can relax today and catch up on doing some stuff later.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I'm working for Rochelle today. Hopefully it will be a good day.

Little Man is getting a CARES award at school this morning. It's for cooperation and achievement and things like that. It was supposed to be held on Friday but the wild weather washed it out. I could have gone on Friday but can't go today because I have to work. Fortunately, his grandparents will go in my place.

Sarah - I love Vancouver! I stayed there for a few weeks with my cousin once when she was living over there.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Just a quickie from me, nothing new to report!

Lynne-I thought of you today since I was live streaming church (again, instead of going in person..but it's a start) and we had an Australian pastor preach. He had the best accent and was engaging :) Vancouver was awesome but we really only spent about half an hour there before getting on the boat.

Glad you have work for Rochelle today, hope it goes well!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Work went well yesterday, except for the fact that the internet was down for much of the day and my most urgent jobs required it. Fortunately, I managed to get them done before I went home. But there was plenty for me to do and I'm working again on Thursday. I don't know if there'll be any other weeks from here on in that I work two days but it's nice to have this one.

Sarah - Do you know who the pastor was?
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

A nice day at work is always good and I found some great sales at Jo-Anns on scrapbook paper today :) Now to just get motivated to work on them!

Lynne-His name was Shane Baxter. He was great, I want to see if his church live streams services from Australia :) It's been a long while since I've heard some great preaching.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I had a good day at work today and after work my older brother got to swap cars after the radiator in our Pontiac got fixed. Needless to say, I'm happy about that.

I have an outing tomorrow to the library and bird sanctuary (yes, I'm obsessed with barn owls). And for the rest of tonight, I'll be looking up some stuff and maybe doing some gaming soon.

And now to me, this is poetry in motion and music to my ears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=920KpqOiX0E

And a gallery of this weekend at Spa:

http://fourtitude.com/galleries/?c=show ... 20of%20Spa

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/