Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
michelle
Learning to Love Green

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by michelle »

Hello my beloved friends!

I am glad you all had a nice time on Christmas. I am still trying to digest all the food I ate yesterday!!! :banghead:
I will tell you how we spend Christmas here.
A week before the big day we make the traditional Christmas sweets: melomakarona https://www.google.gr/search?q=%CE%BC%C ... CAYQ_AUoAQ and kourampiedes https://www.google.gr/search?q=%CE%BA%C ... CAYQ_AUoAQ. As I was in Athens and returned on Christmas Eve, I didn’t help my mum with that. Also on Christmas Eve (in the morning) the kids sing carols and collect money (they also do that on New Year’s Eve – completely different carols)
On the day, the church bell rings at 5.30 am and the Christmas service begins.
At 2.00 pm all the family gathers at my sister’s house for lunch. The traditional Greek Christmas dish is roasted pork but we also have turkey stuffed with rice, pies, crepes, tzatziki (of course), salads and a lot of sweets (I ate only lemon meringue pie because I quit eating chocolate about 9 months ago :( ) This was the first time after many many years that we didn’t light a fire in the fireplace because it was a really hot day.
I bought me a present for Christmas from the airport. I wanted to buy the book “Gone girl” but it was finished, so I bought “The Goldfinch” by Donna Tartt.
Right now I am reading some Photoshop stuff because I am trying to create a twilight picture which I don’t want to suck. I am not sure that I will be able to make it correct though… Oh, and hopefully I will be able to start my twilight marathon on New Year’s Day. :clap:

Have fun guys! :D

P.S: Have you voted for your favorite screenplay of the twilight stories? Some of them were really cool!
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there, everyone!

It's raining here today, which is nice because it's made the weather cooler. It was really hot and muggy yesterday. It made for an upleasant night. I'm taking my mother to try and find an electric piano today. She had to give away her old piano when they moved because it was huge and heavy and getting a bit too old to tune correctly. Hopefully we'll find a good one in the sales.

Sarah - yes, the sales are on here on Boxing Day as well. I got Hubby to drop me down late in the afternoon after the first big rush was over, as I hate how busy it gets. I still got some good stuff. I didn't do much else yesterday, but Hubby and Little Man happily watched the cricket for most of the day.

Michelle - that sounds like a yummy Christmas! I got two Amazon gift cards for Christmas so now i can buy books again! :) Yes, I've voted for the screenplays and I favoured ones on Carlisle, Esme and Alice. I liked the sound of the one where Edward's mother convinces Carlisle to save her son. I think that was my favourite.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Not much to report here, just trying to clean up from Christmas and trying to relax. It's so weird having free time like this! I was able to get some organizers for the Christmas wrap though which was nice and hit a few of the extra sales as well.

Lynne-oh okay, I wasn't sure what the differences are between here and there. I went early, around 9:30, just to get it done. By the time I left the mall, it was 11:30 and starting to get busy so I think it worked out :) Did you guys find an electric piano? Is that the same thing as a what we call a keyboard here? It's a plastic piano that's really easy and portable.

Michelle- That sounds so yummy! I'm glad you had a good time, it sounds wonderful! How is the weather there typically, warm right? I need to go on and view the screen plays :)
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I had a pretty good Christmas and I'm enjoying my time off work until I go back Monday. I still have plenty of left overs from Christmas dinner that I'll be having some of tonight.

I'll be watching a little TV later tonight and maybe doing some gaming as well as looking up some Audi galleries. That's about all I have planned for now.

I'll be back later :)

PS: Hi Michelle. I haven't seen you around here for a while :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

It rained all day yesterday, but we needed the rain (especially in some parts) so that was okay. Today is supposed to be quite wet too. At least it keeps the temperature down. As of Tuesday, it's supposed to skyrocket again.

We don't have much planned for today. We'll have to see what we can find to do.

Sarah - Here, if you went at 9.30, you'd be killed in the rush. That's when everybody goes to get the best bargains. It's best to wait until later when it's quietened down a bit. We did find an electric piano, but it's more than a keyboard. We call them keyboards here too. An electric piano is a step up from that. It has weighted keys, better sound, and is usually on a faux wood set up designed to look like a real piano. Yes, we did find one. It's a Kawai KDP90. My mother seemed happy with it. :)
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

We're off to the Sunshine Coast again today to visit some friends. Should be fun. :)
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

It's the last day of my four day break and it's been a good break :) Christmas was wonderful and I've had a good amount of down time. I haven't done as much cleaning as I probably should have but that's okay. I'll get caught up this week over time. I'm not ready for Christmas to be over yet!

Lynne-wow, so people there are hardcore then huh? The crowds are really bad like that during the initial Black Friday rush, which I hate. One year I got caught up in a crowd trying to get my Mom an $8 toaster over and it was so crazy! Yesterday Jason and I got to the mall about 10:30 and it was still nice and quiet, just like I hoped. People here don't tend to get out until a bit later.

Oh, duh..I know what an electric piano is now haha. Thanks for the description!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

We had a great day yesterday up on the Sunshine Coast visiting friends. There was a family inland at a place called Beerwah who we visited. They have a five year old boy and an eight month old baby girl. I hadn't met the girl before so it was great catching up. The boys all played a bit of cricket while we girls chatted.

Then we went to another family who have two boys who are teenagers and a ten year old girl. I've known them for about twenty years and again, it was great catching up. We stayed there for dinner and didn't get home until about nine pm, so it was a long day but enjoyable.

Sarah - I'm glad you've had a nice break! Yes, our Boxing Day sales sound like your Black Friday ones. I've been there on Boxing Day before and trying on clothes is a nightmare. You usually have to wait an hour just to get into the changing rooms! I consider that waste of time, so I don't see the point in going.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

It's New Year's Eve here, and thankfully, is not supposed to be quite as hot as yesterday. It's still going to be warm, though. We are celebrating by going to a friends' house (one of Little Man's school friends, actually). Hopefully it will be a really good night. :)

Happy New Year!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Guess everyone's out partying ...

Happy New Year!

I'll be happier if today is cooler than yesterday ...