Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Hey everyone!

I've got a busy day today. Grocery shopping in the morning then I'm going to try to work for our business in the afternoon to leave tomorrow and Thursday free so I can go to my parents' place and help them pack. I'll be glad when this is all done and they've moved!

Michelle - yes, the battle scene is hard to watch, although Jane's death would have to be one of my favourite bits. I usually look away when Carlisle loses his head, though. You know, there's somewhere you can go to chat about my books, if you want. I don't know if you're familiar with Goodreads, but there are discussion topics for my books on there. Susan started most of them and I'm sure she'd like it if you would go and join some discussion. Just look up my books and scroll right to the bottom of each one's page and you will find the topics. Don't look at the ones for The Reign, though, as they have spoilers.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

We managed to watch Catching Fire on Saturday night, which was fun as I usually just listen to it over my headphones while I'm working...I forgot how much I miss when I'm not actually watching! Funnily enough, Jason took Prim's death pretty hard (harder than I did..I was so sad when Finnick died!) and now he's not sure how he'll make it through the final movie haha.

Lynne-oh that has to be hard, married to someone who doesn't read much when you're an author! When do your parents have to be out of their house?

Michelle-those two scenes are some of my favorite as well :) I also love the training scenes when Bella is practicing with her shield. How far away is Athens from you? Are the DVDs there super expensive?
michelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by michelle »

Hi there!

Lynne thanks for the tip on Goodreads! I have an account but I don’t use it often, so now it’s a good opportunity! I wrote something and I can't wait to be answered. Especially my speculations regarding The Reign...
TwilightFan87 wrote: Funnily enough, Jason took Prim's death pretty hard (harder than I did..I was so sad when Finnick died!) and now he's not sure how he'll make it through the final movie haha.
Sarah, that proves that men can have feelings, too!!! Just kidding! :lol:

The place where I live is far away from Athens - it’s one hour by plane or about twenty hours by ship!!!

The price for the Complete saga box set (I can find it only as blue-ray) is 60 euro which is about 75 $.
The price for the BD2 (not blue-ray) is 15 euro which is about 19 $. This price sounds reasonable, maybe I will buy myself a present for Christmas!! :thumbsup:
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I'm going to my parents' place today to help them pack. Gee, that's going to be fun. *sigh*

Little Man is getting a special school award tonight, so I'll be doing that too. I keep forgetting it's on!

Sarah - oh he reads, he just doesn't read fiction. Yes, it is frustrating. I don't remember reacting too strongly to Prim's death. I think that's because what came immediately after that scene I found so confusing I couldn't work out it if had all been a dream sequence or a hallucination and by the time I'd worked it out the effect had worn off.

Michelle - I've answered your questions ... although not so much on The Reign. :D You really need to read it, then you can comment on the discussions for that.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I'll be admining a sportscar racing forum on the same site as the NASCAR forum.

I had a good outing, but I slept in after I got back, so that's why I didn't post last night. I had a pretty good day at work today, and I'm hoping soon that I'll be heading to Walmart to replace a drink bottle that's leaking and maybe get something to eat.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
michelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by michelle »

Hi there!

My book is here and I am very excited! :clap:

I hope you are all doing well :wave:

See you in two-three days!! :D
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there, everyone!

It's moving day today and I'm already exhausted. I spent a lot of time cleaning and packing yesterday and will soon be going back to do it all again. Fortunately, I've been too busy to get emotional about saying goodbye to the house where I spent most of my childhood. I hope it all runs smoothly, especially with moving their dog. I hope he settles into his new home quickly.

Michelle - two or three days? Bet it doesn't take you that long! ;)
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I've had a pretty good day so far. It's warm in the house and it's the perfect place to be on this rainy cold day.

Right now, I'm about to try a pulled pork TV dinner. Later on, I'll be trying a spicy fried chicken dinner and either making some chicken bacon ranch pasta salad, or some home made chicken noodle soup.

Other than that, I plan on looking up some Audi stuff and generally just looking up stuff online.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I'm soooooo tired!

I got to my parents' place about 8.45 am and proceeded to empty the fridge out. My father-in-law took at their cold stuff to their place (they have a spare fridge) and I cleaned the fridge, as my parents are giving it to charity (the house they are moving into comes with a fridge). That took a while, then it was down to emptying the last cupboards and cleaning them. Eventually my husband and mother-in-law came over to help. My parents did plenty too, but with them being a bit older (especially my mother) it was hard for them.

We managed to get it all packed by the time the removalists arrived at about 12.15pm. They packed everything up and we went through and cleaned the whole house. At about 2.30 pm the house settled, so the agent met us there with the keys and the removalists unloaded everything. I picked up Little Man from school on the way there and then we went and helped unpack. Their dog spent the day at our place and so after the removalists had gone i went and got him. He seemed bemused at the new place but was happy that he could walk throughout the whole place without any stairs bothering him.

The agent who'd sold us the house had left a hamper there, which was great, because we were all a bit peckish and my in-laws were delayed when they went to fetch the food. The agent who sold my parents' house for them also popped in and gave them a beautiful wooden bowl as a gift.

We eventually went home at about 5.20 or so. Hubby and Little Man have cricket this morning and it's not far from my parents' new place, so I'll drop them off there and then go on to my parents' to keep helping them. They don't have the internet or cable yet and I'm worried that even the phone isn't working (they don't have a mobile phone) so hopefully everything will be okay.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I had a good day at work, but then I got a phenomenally bad sinus headache. So after some errands and getting some pizzas, I went to sleep. I'm OK now I guess.

I'll be looking up some stuff and trying to keep warm this weekend and later this week.