Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Tornado »

Just finished watching Rob on Kimmel. Blimey, the audience was crazy. They seemed to be having a competition to see who could scream the loudest! I've got a headache now! Rob was, of course, his usual goofy and amusing best. How can he combine suave charm with cuteness so well?

Susie - ah yes, the election. It will be interested in seeing how it works out. With the time thing, It's easier if you tell me how many hours it is until it's on. Then I can count forward from the time of your post. There are so many different time zones in America that I can never get a straight answer on google telling me the corresponding time in Brisbane.

Tracy - I'm sure you'll love it when the bathroom's all done! I'll let you know how Little Man goes tomorrow. My biggest worry is that the awards ceremony will run really late (I don't know when it's supposed to finish) and Little Man will be grumpy as anything the following day because he hasn't had enough sleep.

lulu - oh, it was so nice of that lady at your church to help you out like that! I hope you'll be able to get the rest of the money together soon. I know a couple who went through the same thing, and they were eventually rewarded with two beautiful sons.

Sean - yeah, Rob skydiving? I wouldn't have thought he would have been into that! He's always come across as the stay-at-home kind of guy. I wouldn't skydive if you paid me a million dollars! Lucky lady who jumped with him, though. I wonder if she paid her colleagues to make sure she was the one who got to take him.

marielle - it sure is. I wish they'd done that kind of thing when I was in school. It might have made me more interested in it. And I've got an extra day to wait before I'll see BD Pt 2 :(
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Lynne, no, I didn't know that was Rob's first movie. I'd never heard of it. I'll have to look into it.

Sarah, I'll have to see if my best friend can get ahold of one of the slap bracelets for me...she's really good about enabling my addictions to Twilight, Harry Potter, literature in general.

Susie, wow, that's a lot of work. I guess someone has to do it, but thank him for being so dedicated!
I thought about just taking honey itself, but I'm finding the warm liquid relaxes the coughing reflex. My throat isn't sore at all..it's that tickle in the back of the throat like a spider is crawling up...you can't NOT cough.
Yes, I'm seriously considering a reduction..in some ways it's kind of scary because it's major surgery, and I'm generally a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" type of person, but I'm at a 38K right now and there's the back pain, neck pain, difficulty in finding clothes that fit, REALLY expensive to get bras because you can't just go into any lingerie store and get that size...you have to go specialty shops and pay up the wazoo. Everyone always says if you lose weight, the boobs are the first to go, but I have NEVER been small...I started out at 10 years old with a B cup and I wasn't overweight...by 13 I was a large C. I was only 135 lbs then...I kind of doubt I am ever going to get THAT small...and a lot of my friends said after breastfeeding, their breasts shrank...mine did not. So I just have my doubts that losing weight is going to solve this particular problem...I'm going to try it anyway, but if it doesn't work, I'm going to seriously consider looking for a good surgeon.

Tracy....wow....yeah, see that's what I mean. I HATED that scene where Bella runs into the forest and Edward's like "You NEED to see what I look like in the sun"...I completely blocked that out. In my head, it's the beautiful scene from the book. This is why I haven't watched the first movie more often.
Good luck with the renovations...I'm sure it's frustrating now, but think about how great it will be when it's all over.

Lulu, sounds like things are falling into place....good luck!!

Sean, be glad you get the interviews at all. I still haven't found the full MTV first one.
I used to love the chicken tenders at BK, but they changed them. Now I go for the tender crisp there.

Marielle, I hope it really is something for you....I know you are unhappy with your current job, so I hope this works out.
I know, it's confusing....basically, each state has a certain number of representatives..the larger the population, the more representatives that state has. Each representative gets one vote. So the public votes...general election. Then those votes are tallied and whomever has the most votes in the general election for each state gets that states votes. So like....Wyoming only has 2 or 3 votes I think it is, because it's the least populated state...but a state like California has a LOT of votes. Generally, most states have kind of a tradition of voting either Republican or Democrat. Wyoming is a red state...they always end up voting republican. But there are 6 states, ohio among them that don't have a traditional "side"....that's why they are called swing states. Because Ohio has a large population, it gets a lot of votes...enough that, assuming all the states vote their traditional red or blue, whichever side gets the votes from Ohio will probably win unless ALL of the other swing states vote for the other. That's why the candidates have targeted Ohio so much with campaigning. But yeah, it was incredibly insensitive of Romney to campaign right after Sandy...he said he would cancel the campaign events and then just changed the name of it to make it sound more acceptible, and then went and campaigned in Florida where it wasn't hit so badly, instead of visiting victims in the harder hit areas like New York and New Jersey, because it wouldn't be so controversial. My question is...if he wants to be our president, why didn't he ACT like a president? Part of the president's job is damage assessment and helping victims of disasters...Obama went and did that, as the leader of our country...but it would have been a great opportunity for Romney to show Americans how he would react in the capacity of President....and instead, he chose to try to get more votes. So basically, he put his campaign above all the victims of Sandy....not what I want in a leader.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Hey everyone!
Just a fly-by. Sorry. On top of my internship I now have a course every morning. Plus I'm trying to throw a bithday party Friday and my room still looks like a bom exploded in it... Busy, busy, busy... But SOOO tired!! Seriously I could sleep for a week straight. But I'll get through it, because in just one short week I'll be at the Twilight Marathon!!! :yahoo: (Hopefully I can catch up on some sleep this weekend so I won't fall asleep before BD2 even starts...) I am however in a pretty spoiler-free zone right now. Not that I wanted to. Because I'm so busy, I'm severely behind on interviews and such. I guess that could count as the silver lining on my dark cloud. ( :? LOL) But I wish I could enjoy all the promo with you guys. I'll have a lot of catching up to do after the premiere.

I have been reading along every now and then. So sorry I can't repy to all of you. But just one little thing. Susan - Here is the link to the MTV First interview with Josh Horowitz. Go watch it imediately! ;) It's on MTV.com but I can watch it here in NL. I haven't seen a youtube version yet. Maybe one of our lovely sisters has?? But don't worry, the clips aren't all as annoyingly short as last year.

That's it for now. Hope to be back soon! (But probably not before the weekend...)
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Does it count as fulfilling my promise to post every day if I don't do a mega post?

I hope so, because I only have time to make a quick post. I have to go pick up Sonny Boy and take him to the polls - it's his first time voting. Then after I take him back to his dorm, I'm going to my friend Mary's house to watch the election returns with cocktails.

I will say one thing - Lulu is talking about me, of course. Thanks for being conscientious in case I was keeping it all quiet, but it's all out in the open. I'm writing about my Halfway House trips and the Lexicon and will end with HHCON. Of course I'll do an afterward that will talk about newbies in our group and people who couldn't come to HHCON, especially those who live DOWN UNDER. You know who you are.

I'll try to catch up with the rest of you tomorrow.

I hope everyone in the U.S. voted today! It's your right.

To those of you who are elsewhere in the world -
thanks for being patient with the U.S. while we sort this thing out!

See you tomorrow!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there! I thought everyone might like to see the proposed cover for my book. Comments are welcomed.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Not much to comment on as far as Kristen and Rob go, aside from K's interview on Leno, she did hint that the ending is rooted in something mentioned in BD's text as far as its "twist".

I had a long day today, and I'll have an even longer one tomorrow. So I'll probably be going back to bed soon--I got back up at around 10:00 to eat a sandwich and that'll probably be it for tonight, considering that I had a pizza after work.

Sorry for not having much to say today, and I'll probably be out of it tomorrow, too, because of a long day at work.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hello everyone~

We've had a lot going on recently with the car wreck and various household projects, and it's taken me awhile to become excited about the release of Breaking Dawn Part 2 and all the promotional hoopla that goes along with it. I've tried to get myself "in the mood" by watching the previous movies, listening to the movie soundtracks, and beginning a reread of BD Part 1, but I don't seem to feel quite the anticipation I felt before the release of Breaking Dawn Part 1 last November. I'm not dreading the end of the saga with the same intensity I felt before the release of Deathly Hallows Part 2 (the final Harry Potter movie) eighteen months ago. I discussed this with a couple of girlfriends when we got together this past weekend to watch Eclipse and BD Part 1. They are both big fans of the books and movies, although not nearly to my level of obsession. ;) One of my girlfriends mentioned that an entire year was too long to wait between Breaking Dawn Parts 1 & 2, and we all agreed that Summit should have released the movies six months apart (similar to Warner Brothers' release of Deathly Hallows Parts 1 & 2). Do you think the more casual Twilight fan will have lost any interest by now or even moved on, and will the relatively long wait between release dates hurt box office revenue at all?

Susie~ Hope you had fun with your friend Mary tonight. Cocktails always make watching election returns better. ;) Congrats to Sonny Boy for his first time voting. I remember voting for the first time when I was in college, too. I think it was the presidential election, way back in 1988 (now I'm really dating myself 8-) ). At this point, it looks as if the election is President Obama's to lose (and it'll probably be declared official by the time I finish this post). He's going to have his hands full with a government in gridlock, as well as a divisive nation, based on what looks to be a fairly close popular vote across the country.

Suzan~ I'm sorry you're so tired with the addition of a daily course, on top of your internship. Hopefully you're able to catch up on some sleep this weekend after the birthday party you're helping plan.

Sean~ Hope you get some sleep tonight and have a good day at work tomorrow. Thanks for keeping us posted on the Rob and Kris interviews. All this talk by the cast about the "twist" at the ending of BD Part 2 really has me concerned. I hope I'm worrying over nothing, but if they've deviated from canon in some major way, I will be highly upset. :banghead:

Songbird~ Hope you're feeling better. I had a close friend in college who had the reduction surgery and was very pleased. She felt much better and didn't have any more back and neck pain, afterwards.

Lynne~ Hope the awards ceremony went well and we can't wait to hear about it. Was Little Man excited? The cover of your book looks so cool, and the eye color is gorgeous.

Marielle~ Hope you hear about the mortgage today. The pictures of Rob from that latest photoshoot are intriguing. We mentioned on the Facebook thread how the one in the leather jacket reminded us of some of the hottest Edwards in our favorite, smutty fanfiction (Darkward, etc.) Rob's thoughts you mentioned about the end of BD Part 2 are somewhat concerning, almost like he's worried the fans won't like the ending. :? My son says he's enjoying reading the The Fellowship of the Rings....don't know how much he's understanding or actually retaining, though. ;)

Lulu~ That's great that business is going so well for you and your husband. What a sweet story about the lady at your church who wanted to help you with the IVF any way she could--thanks for sharing. We'll keep your family in our thoughts and prayers in upcoming weeks; it definitely sounds like you're on your way. ;) We haven't done any structural remodeling in the house, mostly just cosmetic changes. It will be nice to move to the downstairs bedroom and bathroom when we're finished with our painting, hanging new light fixtures and ceiling fan, hanging up our pictures, etc. I'd like to buy a new comforter and pillows for the bed as we've had the same quilt on our bed for about fifteen years. And we'll get new towels, a shower curtain, etc. for the bathroom, as the colors will be completely different and the other stuff is so old and threadbare.
Banner by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Tracy - the awards evening is in a few hours, so I'll let you know later! Thanks for the feedback on the cover. The only things that's receiving criticism is the font, as some people has said it looks too Art Deco, so dates the book to the '20s and '30s, so that will probably be changed. But that's a minor thing.

As for approaching the end of the saga, I think my level of excitement is equal to last year's. I really want to find out what they've done, but I'm cautious about a few changes they might have made (I draw comfort from the fact that my worries last year turned out to be unfounded). From the sounds of it, it's outselling the other movies in the pre-purchase department. It will be interesting to see if that translates to greater box office success after it's released. I think that will depend on whether or not fans are happy with what they've done to the ending.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody.

Congratulations to all Obama voters… I can’t tell you all how relieved I am that the won. Normally I don’t care so much about the elections in the US but when the Romney camp started to make those statements about rape, pregnancy and abortion I freaked out. It’s like they want to go back to when a male had full control over his wife… it was scary. Especially since our Dutch politicians copy everything the US does…

Anyway… 6 days left!!!!!!

Now posts:

Lynne, it’s strange that you get to see BD2 a day later. Normally Australia and the Philippines are the countries that get to see it a few hours before us.
I haven’t watched everything from the Kimmel interview yet but what I saw was so funny.
I like your cover. It would be something I would pick up from the shelf to read the introduction. I like the dark mysterious covers. Though making it black you might place yourself into the twilight group again. There days many fantasy books have a black cover with a small picture… I’m sure you and your publisher know best.

Susan, I don’t think the voting in the US is completely fair with this system. It’s almost like you don’t count as an individual. Only when it comes that close individual votes start to count.
I was however very surprised by the amount that Obama won.

Suzanne, yes catch some sleep… we can’t have you sleeping through BD2…

Susie, on election day you are forgiven… I’m sure it’s much more exciting to be out and enjoy the elections…Must have been exciting for your son to vote. I know my first time was. At least he doesn’t have to pick his choice out of 20 parties.

Tracy, I love that new shoot. I don’t care about the strange clothes and the make up. It gives something mysterious to the picture. And I’m pretty sure Rob laughed his socks off when they came to him with all these weird things.
I agree that the approaching end of HP was much worse as this. Mainly because I knew DH2 would be horrific. People would die. We don’t know that about the Saga yet. What will happen with the battle? Also, we all know we are going to see Rob in movies again but after HP it was like, it’s really over. We won’t see Harry again. We won’t get that ever again.. I don’t feel that way with the Saga…

Alright, my boss will be here soon. I better start with work..
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Marielle and, well, everyone basically: I'm just glad that the damn election is over, period. I don't/didn't care who won or not because I'm indifferent to both Obama and Romney. Politics in general give me a splitting headache, not much unlike the one I have now, and I consider myself to be too conservative to be a Democrat and too liberal to be a Republican. Neither party's platforms suit me to be honest.

I'm not saying that there aren't good democrats or good republicans out there, but too often the powerful in both parties swing too far to the right or left for my tastes, and the good and honest get shut out. The lesser of two evils is still evil, and the enemy of my enemy isn't my friend IMO.

If the democrats or republicans want me to vote in 2016, both parties IMO need to rethink their platforms and put up candidates who I can believe in. Not someone who toes the party line, which is the big problem in my point of view.

That's all I have to say on the election, and I'm glad that the whole friggin' mess is over. I'm tired of the smear campaigns, the ads, and people telling me how I should think when I already had my mind made up, which the latter is something that I bet that most of you can relate to. Politics is a dirty business, so I say let those who want to play in the muck play in it, but leave those of us alone who don't want to. And it would help if our government would get something positive done for once, too. Not very often that's happened in my life time. Not under Bush I, not under Clinton, not under Bush II, and not under Obama, and we'd be equally as screwed under Romney had he gotten in. New boss, same as the old boss under every scinerio IMO.

Sorry if I've pushed some people's berserk buttons, but I grew tired of this election stuff back months ago, and it's been the same each and every time, the same tricks, the same negativity, the same feeling of lack of inspiration I get every four years. And yes, I didn't vote in this election, or in '08. I did vote in the state elections in '06, and the whole experience confirmed my fears and I was put off since then. If you voted and felt that you did your duty, then great, I hope that you got the result you wanted, and I'm sorry if you didn't. But personally, this whole deal of politics and what not is very off-putting for me. Because from my POV, very little has changed for me as far as what the politicians do throughout my lifetime. And any positive changes that have happened in my life weren't due to something some politico did, but by my own getting off my a$$ and fixing what I felt was wrong. And no, this isn't that Romney 47% BS, but I did what I felt I needed to do to change things for the better, because I got tired of hoping for changes that other promised and did it myself.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/