Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I have this major sinus headache right now, so I might not be online a ton longer, especially if I want to catch Kristen on Leno or maybe Rob on JK's show tonight (they're on at the same time! Who schedules this stuff?!).

At least I got my groceries today. But then tomorrow and Wed. I have to work the oddest scheduled days that I've worked so far. Tomorrow, I work from 11:00-2:00, and Wed I have to work from 11:00-3:30. At least I have Thursday off. I might try and catch Crash Course and Top Gear Movie Cars tonight, but that depends on how I feel by then.

Music: I do have some presents for you if you want them. First off, there's the song "Waiting For" by Reiri (Líng-Lì Yáng), and "Cotton Candy" by Bonnie Pink. Both are from--yeah, you guessed it--Guyver cartoons, but I think that they have something to offer to you if you want a listen, and, if you can stand having to look up translated lyrics (both songs are mostly in Japanese). "Waiting For" reminds me of some of the songs by like Within Temptation, Lacuna Coil or Evanescence. And "Cotton Candy" wouldn't be out of place in BD2 or another Twilight film IMO. Also, there's an AMV with scenes from various Guyver cartoons (about the only Guyver AMV most of you would watch since it focuses or romance), that at the end features a scene out of the 6th episode of the OVA cartoons that was amazing, and though it's a bit sappy, it's still pretty awesome to watch--and again, not too far removed from some of the scenes in Twilight as far as impact and effect.

Songbird: I prefer BK's stuff for the most part, but MD has the better chicken nuggets IMO.

And it's gonna get frigid cold here tonight--about 25 degrees. But I'll probably be in bed by then--I seriously don't expect myself to stay up much longer after Leno and JK go off.

Caryn: Hey, I like what I like. I can't lie about that ;) . Just be glad that I didn't list the stuff that I like to drink, now that's some pretty bizarre stuff. And no, I'm not gonna list that root beer/wine stuff, or wine, period, on that list. And slap bracelets dangerous? Never heard of that one (heard of the Live Strong stuff, but that's a different story), but then again, I've never been a big one on pop culture for a lot of things. How many 26 year old straight guys can say openly that they like Cher? How many people on Twilight forums will admit to liking Guyver-related media? I rest my case on both counts LOL.

And Rob vs the Volvo. I'm not the biggest fans of Volvo cars, but I don't think that there's anything bad wrong with the new S60. I'm more in to Audi, BMW, some Hyundai and Kia products (namely the Sonata and Optima sedans), Ford and some Euro-derived GM cars. But I mean, C'mon, can any of us imagine Edward driving around in a Geo Metro, a Yugo, a Morris Marina or an Austin Allegro? Can any of us imagine Rob driving around in a Geo Metro, a Yugo, a Morris Marina or an Austin Allegro?! Again, I rest my case.

Everyone: If only the shows were more staggered, I could catch Kristen and Rob on their respective shows. But I'll be happy to catch either one before I call it a night--I'm about to take a nap in about an hour or so when I get done on here.

I might try and peep back in, but that might be a long shot.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Happy Monday, All!

It's election eve here in the U.S. and my hubs is an election judge - he co-chairs our precinct with another person. So he's got a busy day tomorrow since he has be there at 6am to get things ready to open at 7am and then it takes an hour to run the tally and submit the results to the Secretary of State after the polls close at 8. I'm proud of him for putting in all that work.

Sean
- I hope your headache gets better. Regarding Rob and Kris on TV tonight - Isn't Leno on an hour earlier than JK but on a different channel? At least that's how it is scheduled for Central Time. Maybe Eastern time is different. I can't stay up to watch since I know I'll probably be wakened early by hubs going off to work at the polls.

Lynne
- Jimmy Kimmel is at 11:30 Central Time, but don't know what that means to you as far as time. Will you be posting your cover when you've got it settled?

Ann Marie - It's great to see you posting on the Lex! Tell us about your promotion at work. When do you leave for the premiere?

Songbird - Honey is very good for your throat. I believe it has antibiotic properties. Since you don't like tea, you can just take the honey by the spoonful. It might actually work better that way. Kudos for voting absentee. Are you seriously considering a reduction? That's serious stuff. Skipping choir for BD1&2 - a no brainer!

Caryn - Thanks for the reminder about Jimmy Kimmel and Ellen. I think I can actually watch Ellen live on Friday! Tonight I can't stay up late enough to watch, will you watch for me? At least I can watch online tomorrow.Please take care of me the next week or so and make sure I don't miss anything, OK? Aww thanks for the great compliment - but I'm not always Susie Sunshine....It's more of an intuitive thing.

Marielle
- Thanks for telling about your personal stake in stem cell research. I believe you asked about Swing states (I don't think we call them "swingers" because that sounds too risque! :lol: " Minnesota is a Blue State. I'm sure you've taken excellent care of Garfield and pampered him through his recovery. Zen- master - I hope you don't have to wait too long. So you get to see BD2 first. I might have to stay away from the Lex for a couple of days! Are you going to see it with any of the HH Girls?

Nighty Night!
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hello everyone~

Hope all of you are well. I had a busy day at work today and have been painting our downstairs bathroom. We're finally moving into the master bedroom and bathroom downstairs to have a little more privacy, now that the kids are older and I'm not as worried about them waking up or being sick in the middle of the night. We had some of the work done for us.....an impractical built-in bookcase torn out, horrible wallpaper removed, crown molding put up in the bedroom and kitchen, walls and ceilings skimmed, drywall repaired....but we're doing the priming and painting of the bedroom and bathroom, as well as eventually repainting our foyer, upstairs hall, and an upstairs bedroom that desperately need it, and painting is about the only "handy" thing we can do ourselves in order to save some $$. The house is such a wreck right now with clothes and stuff strewn about everywhere :shock: , and I keep reminding myself to take a deep breath and remember that it'll all be done soon enough. It's difficult to find the time to paint with work and kids' activities. I'm not sure our timing was the best for all this mess, with the holidays coming up....but it's a little late to back out now. ;)

Marielle~I voted early, knowing that it's usually kind of crazy busy trying to vote on Election Day. I hope you're feeling a bit better, and good luck with the appraisal of your house Wednesday, as well as your job interview Friday. No wonder your blood pressure is elevated.....you're got a lot going on right now. You mentioned that watching some of the BD Part 2 promo and specifically some of Rob's comments have you a little worried about the movie....care to share? I remember how you love The Hobbit. Have you read the books? My eleven-year-old son just came home with the first book in the Lord of the Rings trilogy from the school library, and seems very interested in reading it. I was pretty impressed, and am not sure I could make it through those rather dense books, myself. ;)

Sarah~ Enjoy rewatching the saga over the next few days. I watched them myself in a very similar fashion.....I watched Twilight and New Moon on my own, and got together with a couple of girlfriends from work over the weekend to watch Eclipse and BD Part 1. I also started reading BD last night and made it throught the wedding. I honestly may skip through part of the pregnancy and Jacob's perspective if lack of time becomes a factor. I agree with you about the rather random insertion of the greenhouse scene in Twilight, and would much rather have seen the blood typing scene, instead.

Susie~ Kudos to your hubs for being an election judge...way to be civic minded and admirably serve his country. Are your schools closed tomorrow? Ours are, and fortunately the kids are spending tonight with my Mom as I'll be at work tomorrow. I'm glad to hear that Daughter Dear is doing so well and hope Sonny Boy enjoyed his short fall break. I'm looking forward to watching Ellen and Jimmy Kimmel, too.. I've tried to wade through some promotional stuff and have watched a couple of Twi-related interviews, but like you....I'll count on our HH sibs to keep us apprised of the "can't miss" clips and videos. :D Thanks for asking about the van. We purchased a used Honda Odyssey and were fortunate enough to find a 2010 model with ~26,000 miles. We thought about purchasing an older model, but didn't want to have to pay for any major maintenace the first year or so on a used model with higher mileage. I'm sure we'll keep this one a long time and drive it into the ground, the way we had originally intended to do with our 2006 model, before the accident.

Sean~ Stay warm! Sorry about your strange work hours this week, but am glad you still seem happy with your job. That'll be nice to have those social security checks coming, as well. Are your FB issues resolved?

Caryn~ I'm looking forward to Rob's appearance on Ellen and Jimmy Kimmel and agree with you that they're probably the funniest and most worth watching. Rob seems to feel comfortable with both hosts, especially Ellen. I get the feeling that Jimmy Kimmel could care less about the Twilight saga, but he still doesn't really act condescending about it the way David Letterman would. I'm not too crazy about this touch pad on our laptop either, but we'll probably get a wireless mouse at some point in the future. How could I forget about the bed in BD Part 1 and the "headboard crack heard 'round the world"...shame on me! :blush: I can't wait to see what style and color of suit Rob wears to the premieres, and wonder if he might just go with classic black or gray? How can he ever top what he's managed to beautifully wear to all the other movie premieres? As always.....thanks for keeping us posted with the latest Robcrack. :swoon:

Lynne~ Congrats to your little man on his award! You should be very proud, and we look forward to hearing about it.

Songbird~ I agree with you that the greenhouse scene in Twilight was not my favorite, and would much rather have seen the blood typing scene in its place. Regarding the meadow scene....I felt like MR butchered it because it was so odd for Bella to just stomp off from school to this random meadow to confront Edward, with Edward following behind like a lost puppy. :? Although I liked certain aspects of their conversation and was very drawn to their words and the angst and emotion behind them.... "How long have you been seventeen?" "Awhile." I didn't like how Edward seemed so angry, and then just ran up the mountain (worst special effects, ever :roll: ) carting Bella on his back, to show her "the skin of a killer". I would have preferred that Bella's inquiries and Edward's disclosure had taken place in the restaurant, as they did in the book. One of my favorite aspects of that particular section of the book was the way Bella and Edward planned to go away together, in spite of the inherent danger and potential cost to each of them. I think book Bella described it as "balancing on a knife's edge" because of the tension...things would go one way, or another (Edward would kill her, or he wouldn't). I was literally on the edge of my seat reading those pages before and during the meadow scene.....but sadly, the movie lost some of that level of suspense and tension because of the rather random way Edward and Bella arrived in the meadow.
Banner by TammyAZ
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

<slips in, hoping no one noticed my absence>

Whew, busy busy day for me so I'm just now getting on and able to reply to posts..sorry if I'm distracted though, we've got The Voice on :)

Susie-thanks for the advice, I think I'll try that. Today I had to get up with hubby since I had to be at a temp job at 7:30 in a town 20 minutes away and then I had to be at the store at 4pm..so today, I'm tired! I've been trying to actually get up when he does and do some cleaning until he leaves for work so I can feel a little bit better about myself. And you're quite welcome about the Jamba promotion, it tastes really good too :) It better, since it costs 5 bucks.

Marielle-ah boys with their ease to sleep. So jealous. I can't complain though..after cleaning a house this morning, I came back and slept for 2 hours before my evening shift. There's no way I'd ever be able to continue a full time job. Yuck.

Caryn-yes, old school slap bracelets!! So much fun :) I need to find where I put it though, my wrists are so skinny it was driving me crazy when I wore it to work. When does the Ellen interview air? I'm hoping to catch them on Kelly and Michael tomorrow!

Song-oh that's terrible!! Jamba Juice is a smoothie place here in the U.S...there has to be a way one of us could mail you one of the slap bracelets..they're so cool :)

Sean-I totally agree about McDs chicken nuggets but BK's does give me child hood flashbacks. I love a good McChicken now and then. Yum!

Hi Ann Marie, I'm Sarah!

All I can say is that I will be glad when the stupid election ads are over. It's a tight race for governor here and I'm so sick of seeing the smear campaigns by both parties. Ugh.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

[quote="older_twilight_fan"]Hello everyone~

Hope all of you are well. I had a busy day at work today and have been painting our downstairs bathroom. We're finally moving into the master bedroom and bathroom downstairs to have a little more privacy, now that the kids are older and I'm not as worried about them waking up or being sick in the middle of the night. We had some of the work done for us.....an impractical built-in bookcase torn out, horrible wallpaper removed, crown molding put up in the bedroom and kitchen, walls and ceilings skimmed, drywall repaired....but we're doing the priming and painting of the bedroom and bathroom, as well as eventually repainting our foyer, upstairs hall, and an upstairs bedroom that desperately need it, and painting is about the only "handy" thing we can do ourselves in order to save some $$. The house is such a wreck right now with clothes and stuff strewn about everywhere :shock: , and I keep reminding myself to take a deep breath and remember that it'll all be done soon enough. It's difficult to find the time to paint with work and kids' activities. I'm not sure our timing was the best for all this mess, with the holidays coming up....but it's a little late to back out now. ;)

Sarah~ Enjoy rewatching the saga over the next few days. I watched them myself in a very similar fashion.....I watched Twilight and New Moon on my own, and got together with a couple of girlfriends from work over the weekend to watch Eclipse and BD Part 1. I also started reading BD last night and made it throught the wedding. I honestly may skip through part of the pregnancy and Jacob's perspective if lack of time becomes a factor. I agree with you about the rather random insertion of the greenhouse scene in Twilight, and would much rather have seen the blood typing scene, instead.

-Sounds like you have a lot going on, how chaotic. Think about how much it'll be worth it when it's done! I'm hoping to finish Twilight and New Moon this week movie wise..hopefully we'll get through both Eclipse and Breaking Dawn this weekend. I can't believe how soon the movie release is!
lulu
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lulu »

hello everyone!

susie is such a good influence. :)

i did plan on spending some more time here but i got carried away reading a friend's work (it's a sister on here, but i don't know if it's out in the open or whatnot, so i'll just leave it at that until i hear otherwise from her). anyway, i just adored it and couldn't put it down or stop thinking about it! so now i don't really have time to read and write. i do miss the the half-way house and all the lovely ladies here (and gent of course). i have such fond memories of when my posts were regular, thank you all for that, you are such a great group of people!

tracy, wow you are sure in the middle of some major remodeling! that sounds exhausting and exhilarating at the same time. you are going to love walking around the house when it's over. changes in a home can be so refreshing. even just moving the furniture!

jaclyn, i feel like i don't hear as much from you. how are things? anything new?

well two things come to mind when i think about my life right now--scratch that, three.

first, BD2 is coming out in a week and a half!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am seriously getting excited!! hubs is joining me, amy, and brenda for a HUGE marathon of all 5 movies on the 15th. this is going to be amazing!

second, we are right in the middle of arizona wedding season, so we are busy, busy, busy. hubs and i have booth been filming our own weddings each weekend for 3 weeks in a row. that will be the extent of our double bookings, and then it's back to just him filming the weddings alone. i get so nervous beforehand, but once i'm there it's like riding a bike. i love that i have so many years of experience giving me great ability with a video camera at a wedding. not so much in a bragging sense, but in a sense that it makes me happy knowing my 7-10 hours at someone's wedding will give them all those cherished memories, captured with great care and quality, put into a short and sweet watchable personal movie that they and their family and friends can share and love. i'm a people-pleaser, so it makes me happy. :D

third, i know i'm always mentioning our next in vitro, but i feel like it's finally really happening soon. it's just such a big financial obligation each time that it takes so long before we really start making progress. anyway, long story short(er), this friend of mine at my church (who i've become friends with since we were made partners in this program about 8 months ago) asked me all about in vitro and stuff because she finds it fascinating. she's in her 50s, has 10 kids and is just laid back, what-you-see-is-what-you-get kind of amazing. anyway, after learning about it all and hearing my story, she pulls out a $100 bill and says with tears in her eyes, "that is such a lovely story, i want to contribute even though it's not much." after i picked my jaw off the floor, (i was seriously not expecting that reaction) i tried to tell her i couldn't take her money, but saw that it meant something to her too. turned out to be such a blessing! it completely inspired hubs and i. we decided to put an envelope in our safe and calculate how much we need to save to be able to do our next in vitro by the end of december. turned out to be $160 per week, which is a LOT of money to us. but we were feeling inspired by her generosity, so we decided to have hope and faith and go with it. we're on our fourth week so far, and each week, we find that we have had enough. since about may, we have been financially in the pits and it's basically smeared a black smudge on the rest of life during these last 6 months. we were struggling just to pay our normal bills, it was completely unusual and scary and confusing. ever since we've made this decision though (and a few weeks before that), business has been really good. I think someone up there wants us to succeed and be able to give babyboy (who is now almost 27 months old) a sibling or two. so there, that's my current happy story. :)

i hope things are going well with you guys. i may or may not be able to stop in tomorrow, it's voting day and i'm excited to do my civic duty. :) it'll be so interesting to see what happens!
lulu

Post by lulu »

sorry, there was an "internal error" when i submitted so i refreshed and then backed up and resubmitted... well, it posted my thing 3 times! i don't know how to just plain delete it! anyone?
Last edited by lulu on Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
lulu

Post by lulu »

Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Just caught Kristen on Leno and Rob on JK. Both reinforced something about both of them for me. First off, thank you Kristen, I now know how to say the name of the company that makes your fragrance now. And it seems that Rob is a bit of a thrill seeker with the skydiving in Oz.

But anyways, what those interviews reinforce about them to me--being able to talk to one or the other of them, or both of them, even if only for a few minutes, would be friggin' awesome! Sorry for the language (I posted stronger language at the FB HH), but it's true. Kristen is so much like me, and I see a bit of myself in Rob in that they're both nerds and introverts, but if you give them straight up questions, they'll get in the spirit of it and give good answers. So thanks to Jay and Jimmy for those interviews :)

Oh, and my plan of jumping back and forth with the remote worked to perfection, though I still object to having them on shows that air at much the same time--I want my Kristen and Rob fix, not to juggle the remote damn it!
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!!!

Happy Election day for my US family!! Don’t forget to go voting! If you don’t you give up the right to complain about government decisions…

7 days from now I’ll be heading to the cinema in a few hours!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited!

I don’t have much to report yet… maybe later today if I hear news about the mortgage.
So anyways, posts,

Caryn, as much as I don’t like Ellen, she does have brilliant interviews with the twilight cast. It’s about the only show I’ll watch. Though I did see Emma Watson on Ellen. That was a good interview. (my dislike for Ellen has nothing to do with her being gay or something like that, btw. I just don’t like her as a person, she is trying to be too funny or something like that, I don’t know but I normal watch something else when she is on)
I can’t wait to see the Kimmel clips, he is bloody brilliant…
Actually that Mad Max style picture I find Rob much more sexy than in the fashion shoots. I have always been drawn to the stranger types of men and the Rock/Metal style and this shoot does fit my attraction greatly. I’m not such a fan of the suits and ties… I think Rob would look great in a style like that of the ever Sexy Mr. Depp… it’s classic and completely his own. I think Rob can create something like that for himself as well.
I’ll be watching the elections from here. From midday here in Holland at least 2 or 3 tv channels will air everything live.

Susan, I have absolutely no idea what the pay will be for that job I’m going for an interview for. I have been approached by an agency that says it’s something for me. They know my salary demands so I take it they won’t send me to something that is paying less.
That system with the electoral votes is bloody confusing. I know that who ever wins Ohio will probably win the elections. Or at least that’s what they are letting us…
I thought it was really insensitive of Romney to campaign for Sandy but I hated it more that because of that Obama felt the need to campaign so soon after as well.

Lynne, it’s nice that they hand out awards at schools for such a young kids. It’s a good way to keep them motivated.

Susie, I actually loved the double meaning of Swingers… hihi… and I guess they are. In the swing states you have people who are swinging… so swingers… (I did call them that on purpose).
I’m hoping to see Paula at the cinema. I know she is going with her sister again and we probably sit in the same theatre. I have to pm her about which row she has tickets for.

Tracy, I love redecorating a house. I’m really looking forward to start with my new house once everything is through.
Well Rob was very vague about the end. He is telling that they stayed close to the book but not totally and than he flips it around and say it’s different but fans will like it and than he goes back to that it at least has the same feel… it’s like he wants to tell us it’s completely different from the book but can’t or isn’t allowed…
No I haven’t read the Tolkien books yet. I have started a few times but I find them very difficult to read. I just can’t stay focused on them. Like with Dan Brown’s Da’vinci code, it’s too drawn out. Also because I read it in English some passages are difficult to understand.

Sarah, I’m working 6 hours a day. I’m trying to match that with sleeping. So I want and need a minimum of 6 hours. While working it’s hard to go on only 6 hours but when I have a festival weekend I can go on, on less.

Lulu, I’m so jealous of your little HH-con with Amy and Brenda. I’m sure you all have so much fun…

Alright time to get some work done!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house