Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by corona »

I suppose my favorite candy is Reese's peanut butter cups and their Reese's Pieces. That's what I was giving out last night for Halloween. There's candy left over, that was the plan.
marielle wrote:Lynne, I’m miserably failing my no spoiler policy…I did watch the clip and really regret it. Yes, it was awesome and yes it made me shiver… but seriously these are scenes I want to see first on the big screen. Anyway I’m restarting my no spoiler thing…hopefully now I’ll be able to stick to it..
Uh-huh!

Spoiler policy off, spoiler policy on. And to think I received a couple of spankings for mentioning anything, shamed in front of the entire world for responding to a comment, mere days after celebrating my half-century mark. Scolded like a child. Traumatized for the next half-century. Thankfully I had a few beers left over from the party and emergency ingestion repaired the damage done to my psyche. The scars will fade in time. I will endure. :rules:

Please tell it was those comments that drove you to view the clip! Or is it the cottage clip that you broke on?

Really, sorry about that, I didn't know there was a spoiler policy here for the official clips.

You have to admit, this is brilliant marketing. I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping everything doesn't crash in the movie. I still don't know how they're going to pull this off, it seems an impossible task.

Hopefully in two weeks we'll all be talking about how brilliantly BC was able to pull everything off. In invisible text (I know, I know).

Sarah, the Bree Tanner book brought up a very interesting discussion on the Gutter at one point. I think you can figure out where we went on this from the following quote:
  • Kissing didn’t sound the same with vampires as it did with humans. No soft, fleshy, liquid-filled cells to squish against each other. Just stone lips, no give.
Brenda finally conceded that I was absolutely right. [actually, she didn't, but she isn't here right now to protest]

Sean, yes, I got the Guyver stuff. Let me digest it for a bit.

BTW, I've never agreed with this idea of someone "selling out". Usually it's either envy and jealousy. I would never begrudge someone the ability to provide for themselves and their family. When someone accuses someone else of selling out it says a lot more about them than they realize. I don't know who these people are, but I'm embarrassed for them. Jeez Louise, I learned these lessons ages ago.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I had a good day at work, though it was a long one. Right now, we're getting my SS checks worked on. I should hopefully know soon who much I'll be getting and when. (Update, my brother will have to drop something off tomorrow). But i did get my heater and a few other things. I tried a McDonalds Southwest Salad with lime. Pretty good, even if the lime slice attacked me when I tried to juice it.

Now, some comments.

Caryn: I hope that you didn't take my gripes too seriously. I do think that the interviewer wasn't prepared or that her heart wasn't in it. But I'll give you this: Kristen really seemed on edge at times in that interview. She didn't seem very comfortable at all, but yet she, when previously asked about the perfume, gave some pretty good answers. Maybe she was on edge at the fact that the interviewer could as a personal question and let one slip. But she seemed rather nervious IMO, and that is something that almost never bodes well for Kristen.

Ironically, she did well in the OTR interview stuff when she knew that there was a damn good chance that people would ask her about Rob. Maybe she didn't know with certainly, since it was a fan Q&A, what would be asked and how people would respond. Whatever the reason, she seemed nervous and off IMO, but that's how she usually is but that doesn't effect her like it did there.

But then again, no two opinions on the same thing are likely to be alike. For instance, I could probably tell you that Lia Gocer is one of the most beautiful women in the world, and that she's one of the best singer/songwriters in the world. First off, you'd be like "Lia who?" (trust me Fallen One isn't that well known outside of southern Holland, so I won't hold that against you), that is unless you've seen my posts about her and Fallen One in the past. Second of all, after you look at her photos and listen to her sing, you might have a different opinion, in fact, that's more than likely what will happen.

And one last word on K&R for "selling out" on those fragrance deals. I think that one word sums it up to me, and you from what you've said: Pragmatism. I do think that it's smart on their parts to take advantage of them getting such offers and finding ones that they like. It's simply good business sense.

Anyways, as far as my day, it was cold, wet, overcast and crappy. Not really at all like your day. And, believe it or not, one of my co-workers showed up work wearing sandals as part of her outfit! It was 40 and raining! I hate the heat like she does, but the past couple of nights, I slept under two blankets and with a hoodie on! But to each his or her own. As long as they like it, I won't complain.

Austin: Get back to me about the Guyver stuff when you're ready. At least you're back to give the male fans a second voice :) And as far as K&R selling out be getting fragrance deals, refer to my points to Caryn on that and those that she also made. There's plenty of things on those Guyvers that I'd love to see get used on some people who say that K&R are "sellouts" just because of, as you put it, jealousy and ignorance. People change, and tastes change, and as I've told Caryn, it's simple pragmatism on K&R's parts for those deals.

Kristen and Rob stuff for those who want to read it: First off, Kristen announced that Jodie Foster will receive the Cecil B. DeMille award at the Golden Globes in January. Also, K&R were at the Maroon 5 Halloween Party last night. You can view the photos and read the articles if you like, so I won't say much about what happened there. But I will say this: Wanna make Kristen and Rob look like crap? Make 'em were stupid freakin' plastic face masks! Kristen with her pink wig looked a lot better until she put that mask on, and Rob didn't look much better. I know it was a Halloween Party, but that was the height of physical ugliness for them. Should've stuck to wearing like wigs or costumes, not some dumba$$ plastic face masks...

Everyone: So my brother has to take grandma to a doctor's appointment tomorrow, and drop off that paper work at the Social Security place. I also need to get MS office installed, but that can wait until tomorrow, since I'm not in a big time writing mood tonight. Instead, I think that I'll take a nap after a while and rest up--and maybe think up some ideas for my first crackfic chapter.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm off to work for Rochelle again this morning. I'm hopeful that there might be some word on the cover for my book! We'll see ...

marielle - I'm sorry for tempting you beyond your ability to endure! Never mind. There are only two weeks to go, so there shouldn't be much more to see.

Caryn - I would love to see with you, that's for sure. I'd probably play off your lead and become more vocal myself. Usually my husband cops my reactions when I get home.
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hello everyone~

I made a nice, lengthy megapost Tuesday night, but unfortunately our new laptop ate it. :? I'm enjoying the laptop, but still can't quite get the hang of things, especially without my trusty yet antiquated mouse. It's like the screen almost jumps ahead or advances to something else before I even hit "click". Speaking of laptops and my lack of technological skills, does anyone know how to make my screen size/font smaller? I've accidentally hit some button when I'm typing that made the font so large that I have to scroll to the right to see everything.

Hope all of you are well, and I'll try to check back in with a mini/mega post tonight or tomorrow.
Banner by TammyAZ
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Been a busy Twilight day with all the press, hooray! :clap: Read the tweets about the BD 2 press conference from Yahoo Movies then watched the MTV First Breaking Dawn Part 2, which was really fun to see Rob, Kristen, and Taylor together!

Marielle-I know what you mean about the spoilers..I feel like I've seeing a LOT of them lately..almost too many! And it's just beginning with all the press, eek!! I don't sleep very well or consistent which is why I sleep in so late..to make up for the time I'm laying there, glaring at my peacefully sleeping husband :lol: :lol:

Austin-bahahahahaha..I haven't read much of the gutter thread (I peeked in there once, just to see what it was), but that does crack me up..I think it was somewhere on the Lex blog I finally got my answer about Bella's time of the month.

Caryn-I really kept that in mind today, thanks :) I think I'm just going to force myself to get more done because it makes me feel good. This morning I got up while hubby was getting ready for work and cleaned up the bedroom..and then I climbed back in bed after he went to work. It's a start, I suppose.

Lynne-I know that once we have a baby, I'll never sleep again. I must enjoy it now :)
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody.

I already hate this day!!! It’s raining, it’s cold, my blood pressure if already through the roof, I’m frustrated, my poor cat is going to be castrated today and still my mortgage isn’t through… I try not to think about it all but urgh, I’m so bloody angry!!!
I just wish this day was done… (alright stopped thinking about it)…

Did you all see the official pics of Rob, Kris, Taylor and Bill at the LA press Conference? I noticed how Kris always seems to be close to Rob. There is always a part of her touching him. I guess she is trying her best… Rob does look delicious though, I wouldn’t be able to keep my distance either.

I didn’t see the interview. I’ll watch them all after the premiere.

Alright posts,

Caryn, I was thinking that these pictures from the Italian Vogue were taken a while ago. His hair is so much longer than Rob has had it lately. Maybe shortly after or during the Cosmopolis promo tour. He had his hair that long during the summer.
I love the Mad Max theme of it… like a bit of old days rock and roll. It fits Rob. To be honest most of Rob’s best shoots are art shots not fashion shots. Like the Segal shoot, or the HB shoot and not to mention the shoots he has done for Vanity Fair. I guess Rob isn’t suited for fashion shoots… (maybe with Gucci… but that’s still art!!)

Hihi Austin, you always make me laugh… well the official “No Spoiler” policy will start I think on the 12th as the mods won’t agree for us to post spoilers here. We’ll probably get our own place in the Breaking Dawn thread. Anyway, I asked for a spoiler warning because normally I’m a bit better in not watching the clips. I just ignore them but this time I’m failing completely. I haven’t watched them all but I did watch the Cottage clip, and the clip with the fighting at the end.
I don’t know if this is brilliant marketing, I haven’t seen much marketing here. I don’t know how it is in the US and UK but here in Holland, only the real fans knows it’s coming. There haven’t been commercials on tv, MTV Europe doesn’t air anything about it, no posters yet…
It’s always good to have left-over candy… enjoy!!!

Lynne, I’m sure I’ll survive… I’m just upset with myself for not having a back-bone…

Tracy, if I’m correct (it depends a bit on the brand of laptop your have) there should be a few different colored symbols at the top row of your keyboard. There should be two indicating screen size. The color correspond with your Alt or Ctrl key. With those you can change the size. At least that’s how my dad’s laptop works, with apple it’s different.

Sarah, I have issues sleeping as well. For me falling asleep is easy but staying asleep is a whole other story. I can wake up multiple times during the night. Today it was 5.30 am, yesterday the same time and the day before it was 4.30 am…
Yeah, that’s why I don’t like watching the clips. I want to see them during the movie. Really live through it with the characters.

Alright, I’m going! Work needs to be done!
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

No word on my cover today. :( My boss has been too busy to even send the specs off to the graphic designer. At least I think we have a concept that we are both happy with now.

Sarah - yes, that's definitely the truth. Not all of them are early risers, but mine certainly is. I remember hearing a mother say once, 'We all remember the first time our child slept from 7.00 to 7.00.' Um, I don't, because my son has never done that! When he went to be at 7.00 he used to wake up at 5.00, even in the middle of winter when it was dark and cold.

marielle - take a deep breath and try to relax. It will happen!
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

I am loving all the clips from BD2 and I can’t believe that I get to see the whole thing in less than 2 weeks! I wish I had someone to go with, but maybe it’s better that I go by myself so I can drool without feeling bad for Hubs.
I am having a really hard time sleeping right now. I can’t stop coughing. I woke up at 2 this morning with a coughing fit and I couldn’t get my lungs to relax until 20 minutes before I needed to get up. So I am a TIRED mama today. But TGIF!!! We have a birthday party to go to tomorrow and then I think that’s it for the weekend. Bug has Monday off school, but Mr. Man doesn’t...I don’t like how they did that. The younger kids don’t have to have as many hours of school, so they always get a couple of days off throughout the year, but instead of giving ALL the younger kids the same days off, they go by class. So Bug’s 1st grade class has Monday off...then the other 1st grade class is off the next Monday. Mr. Man has a day off in January. That’s one thing I really don’t like about this school...I don’t know if other schools do it the same way, but they make it very difficult for people with 2 children. Just Monday, Bug’s class went to the movies in the afternoon...they asked that parents bring their children to the theater themselves...which would have been fine, except I had to bring Mr. Man to school after lunch at the same time that Bug had to be at the theater, and I would have had to take her by bus and there was no way to get them BOTH where they needed to be. It worked out because I had to work so I had signed them up for the lunch program that day and kids who were staying at school during lunch were brought to the theater by the teachers. But this isn’t the first time they’ve planned something at the same time that I need to have Mr. Man somewhere else at the same time. I really wish they would handle transportation for field trips through the school. I don’t have a car and can’t drive here...I can’t cart 2 kids all over the place to different places at the same time.

Austin, I saw an interview with SM and she said there was one thing they had to change because of visuals...I am assuming that it’s the battle scene, just like they did in Eclipse and in New Moon. They feel obligated to put in one battle scene for the macho manly viewers, thinking it’s going to draw more male viewers to the theater. What they don’t realize is that if they weren’t planning to see it because they think it’s a chick flick, changing that one scene isn’t going to change their minds and suddenly make it appealing to them, and it just ticks off the book fans. We’re going to the movie to see the story we read...changing it makes it NOT the story we read. But whatever.
Mmmmm....reeses...those were always my favorite. I wish we had them here!

Sarah, I’m sure it IS the same building you were in in 2011...but it said it closed early THIS year..2012. I wonder if you can still order from the online store...
Oh I love the one where Kirk makes his own movie. Gotta love his dancing.
Nice Rob dream! Why didn’t he want to see BD2 though??

Lynne, I went and looked it up:
That is a ruffled tulip. As for the meaning... If you've read the Twilight FAQ, you know that the apple cover had a lot of meaning for me, and I was an active part of the covering process. However, that experience is more the exception than the rule in the publishing world. Something to keep in mind if you intend to embark on a career as a writer: lots of things you might expect to be under your control are not. Covers, for example. Those are mostly up to the publisher and the marketing and sales departments. So I don't know what the tulip means—I didn't have anything to do with this one
But that’s really great that your publisher wants you involved in that process. Sorry there was no word on your cover. I’m sure it will happen soon...it must be so hard to wait.

Caryn, I’m pretty sure EVERY parent has some of those days where you want to murder your children, whether you are a stay at home parent or not. It’s just not an easy job. I do NOT look forward to the teenage years. My best friend has a teenager and there is so much that terrifies me....stuff that I wouldn’t know how to deal with if I were her, and she’s so amazing.
Wow, you had a lot of trick or treaters! I don’t think we EVER had that many when I was growing up. Of course, it was a small town. Then I went to college and I lived in an apartment and SO looked forward to getting trick or treaters...we didn’t get a single one! And of course over here, they don’t do trick or treating. One of my friends said she had like...127 or 137 this year...I wondered if she ran out of candy!

Sean, glad to hear you made it through the storm. Glad you got your heater...too bad you didn’t have it BEFORE the storm! But I’m sure there will be more cold weather, so at least you have it now and you'll probably get plenty of use out of it.
I know what you mean about the averages not lining up....global warming at its best, I guess. We’ve had the same thing here and all my friends and family back in the states has said their weather has been really weird this year.

Marielle, I don’t think the time change told my son’s body either...he’s waking up early. He woke up before 6 the last couple of mornings...he’ll go back into his room when he sees that we’re still in bed, but he just can’t get back to sleep.
Good luck with your interview! When is it?
It sounds like you need a day off!! I hope the mortgage comes through soon. Ours took a lot longer than we expected, too and I was getting antsy and worried that there was something wrong. It all worked out though.

Tracy, oh no! Sorry your laptop ate the post. As for the size...it depends on the model. You kind of just have to go searching. On my old one, at the bottom right of the screen was little box next to the date and time and it had a percentage...it was supposed to be 100% but if I accidentally somehow zoomed in, I could just click on that percentage and set it back to 100. But on my new one, it doesn’t have that. I had to go looking...so this one at the top right, to the right of the URL bar, are a few icons. There’s one for bookmarking, one for options, and one for customizing and control. If I click on the customize and control, it brings up a toolbar and about half way down is a zoom option with a percentage to the right of it, which needs to be set at 100%. I hope that helps you...I’ve done that several times and it’s one of the things that bugged me when I got my new laptop is that I didn’t know how to fix it. It took a lot of searching to figure it out because I am SO not a tech person! Good luck!!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Hey everyone!

(Wow, two times in one week, the earth must have stopped moving…) Busy, busy, busy, but I just had to take a little time for you guys. :D

I got even more frustrating news about my manuscript. Right the next day after I posted last, my supervisor told me I needed to do even more experiments for it!! The head of the department looked at it and he came up with the other points. Ugh, I know they only want to make it better, but I just want to get this over and done with. I’m only doing the same damn experiment day after day, just with different molecules. It’s getting boring. Only good point about this is that they moved my deadline, so that I can take it a bit slower.

Anyways, on to more exciting things. Although… I had my first ever Halloween party last night, but it was kind of dull. Nobody dressed up; the person organizing forgot to cook, so we had to improvise a meal; you could have heard a pin drop during dinner; and everybody left at 8 pm. … That makes it sound terrible. It was actually alright, just not at all what I’d hoped for.

A little something about the onslaught of BD2 promo that I haven’t even gotten around to seeing all: Josh Horowitz, I love you man! Fabulous interview as always! I can’t even tell you all how much I enjoyed watching MTV First. I guess the fact that I was an hour late for work today says enough. “Don’t upset my spider-monkey, Josh!” :rotfl:

Austin – Happy Belated Birthday!! Sounds like you had a perfect celebration. My dad recently turned 50 and he didn’t want to celebrate at all. He just went on a little vacation with my mom so that nobody could come and visit. Do you have the tradition over there in the US that you “see Abraham” at 50 (women “see Sarah”)? We didn’t do it for my dad, but over here people usually put a life-size Abraham-doll in the front yard with signs and everything. LOL “Condon & Company have given us a gift. We don't know what is going to happen. Suspense has been injected into the ending. I'm hoping for a very bumpy ride with a nice smooth landing.” Thanks for that. I think I’ll adopt that philosophy as well. I’m just going to keep my cool and hold any judgments until I’ve seen it in full context.

Sarah – That’s so sad about the fire in Forks! At least nobody got hurt. I hope they can rebuild everything. I still want to see it! (Someday, far, far in the future when I’m rich…) I noticed that final meadow scene. Pretty excited about it! Such an iconic place for them. That’s one change I can happily live with. Did vampire Bella actually go to the meadow in the book? I think I remember being bummed that she didn’t, but now I’m not sure anymore…

Caryn – You’re really back with a vengeance, haha. Thanks for keeping us all updated on the Rob and Twilight-related news! They’re really spoiling us with all the new footage and interviews. And Rob… Gucci suits at the red carpet, velvet voice as HornyWard ( ;) ) or 3 dollar masks from 7-Eleven. He can do no wrong! Except maybe that Vogue shoot… I have to agree with you on that one. As long as Rob’s face is above it, I don’t care if he walks around in a garbage bag. And with Dior to look forward to… Well, you can probably guess how giddy I am. :swoon: About the declarations clip: I think that’s actually a very, very smart change. Not only to make Edward more “present”, but also because in the book Aro’s real intentions are all explained when Edward reads his thoughts during the confrontation. It would be much better not to have Edward whispering all the thought processes going on inside Aro’s head, at least for the movie.

Marielle – Breath in… Breath out… Breath in… Breath out… Now look at this for a while and let you imagination run free… Feel better? ;) Well, maybe from the outside it might be funny, but as a granddaughter thinking about her grandfather as a Casanova… No thank you! That’s a good point about this manuscript ordeal preparing me for working life. And that will be one more reason I don’t want to continue in research. Although I guess you’ll encounter frustrating situations everywhere. I thought The Band was just a rumor a few months/a year ago and Rob wasn’t doing it… Some sort of biopic about some famous musician? Or was that something else I’m thinking of.

Susan – Yes, the extra experiments will take up quite some time. At least my deadline has been moved up. I don’t know about getting better contact with my grandfather. He has been acting strange the last few years to say the least, but he’s reaching out to us again, so that’s a step forward. I’m not really aware of everything that has passed, but my parents have been quite angry with him and I don’t know how soon they can forgive and forget. We’ll see where it goes. I have talked to my sister, but mostly just about trivial stuff or work. A while ago she wasn’t even talking to my mom, so I doubt she’ll talk to me about it. That sounds like a really inconvenient situation with your kids. I know my mom was really happy when my sister and I were old enough to go to school on our own.

Lynne – That’s great that you’ll be going to the midnight premiere as well!! You weren’t planning on going first, right? Who are you going with? I hope you find out about the cover for your book soon. What happened to that picture of the eye? Are you using it for inspiration or did you come up with something completely different?

Sean – Glad you got through the storm alright. You speak Japanese?!

Tracy – Ugh, I hate when technology won’t work as I want it to. But congratulations on the new laptop. Have you tried hitting “Ctrl +” to zoom in or “Ctrl –“ to zoom out? That works in most programs. (If you’re using Windows, that is.) Unless you really changed your screen resolution and everything is bigger, not just one program. Then you should be able to fix it by right clicking you desktop background and resetting your screen resolution to recommended size. Hope that helps.

Bye!
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

I know I already posted, but I HAD to post this story. I figured some of you would get a kick out of it. So I feel a tickle on my collar bone...I absentmindedly brush at it, thinking it's a stray hair. It still tickles...I brush at it again...now it's tickling my breast. I look down....there is a spider (just a tiny one) crawling up my chest. I try to brush at him and succeed only in knocking him INTO my bra, where he climbs out and I am still trying to remove him and he keeps falling into the deep cavern of my cleavage. Reason #427 that I need smaller freaking boobs!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ