Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Song-oh wow..she sounds a LOT like my maid of honor, but that's awful!! I've pretty much accepted that our friendship is over, as the last time we were supposed to hang out she cancelled on me with ten minutes notice. I think it was the next night I came onto here, trying to find other people that loved Twilight as much as I do..and I did, hooray! I think there are ways to be flaky without being so rude about it.

I got the first season of Gilmore Girls for 5 bucks the same day I scored that Twilight Directors Notebook, which has tons of behind the scenes stuff and story boards. Pretty interesting stuff.

I like your stories about your kids :) how funny! Though I imagine it's not so much fun actually dealing with it ;)

Marielle-how was the Gothic Fair?

Sean- glad to hear the police are taking it seriously...poor Kristen! That's terrible. Why would people do stuff like that?
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

I'm feeling "off" today...not really bad, just not good, and I don't know why. I did have a bad night, but I got to sleep in this morning, so it shouldn't be lack of sleep. I just can't pin it down. Oh well...tomorrow's a new day. And I get to work.

Lynne, bring your binoculars...and camera! If you find him, you HAVE to ask him to take a picture with you for your poor less fortunate sisters!

Sean, are these threats related to the BD2 premier? Wow...that sucks about your paycheck, but at least you were able to get it. Is there more than one office then, that it went to the wrong place?

Sarah, that's so sad about your friend. You should be able to rely on your friends. But I'm glad you found us! My friends all used to like Twilight...well, not all of them, but there was a group that did. Then the Sookie Stackhouse series came out and they all went crazy for that one and said it was much better written, etc...but I found it too graphic for my taste. But none of them really like Twilight anymore, so I came here looking for people to gush with, because I still love it. This is a great place to gush, too!
Wow...what a deal on the GG DVDs! I love in the first episode where Rory asks the guy if he's going to be her new daddy. Such a hilarious show...I should do a marathon again soon!
No, it's not the most fun thing dealing with stuff in the moment, but afterwards, it can be pretty funny. I remember one particular moment that was SOOOO frustrating for me, but now it's pretty funny. My daughter was just a year old, I think I was still pregnant with my son. My daughter was playing in the other room, just out of sight. She came back and asked for a tissue, so I gave her one, and she ran off. She came back with brown hands, saying "stinky"...I followed her, and she had gone into the kitchen, taken her diaper off, pooped and peed on the floor, and tried to clean it up with a kleenex. At least she tried to clean it up...but YUCK!! And I couldn't see that she didn't have a diaper on because she was wearing a dress. Then when my son was about 10 months old, he was playing in the same place, just around the corner of the other room, and my daughter came to me and said he had dirty hands. So I went and looked and he was sitting there with a poopy diaper in his lap, playing with it and he was just about to stick his hands in his mouth. Lesson learned: don't trust it when they go around the corner to play. Our living/dining room is kind of a figure 8 shape, so I can see through to the other room, but if they go just far enough around the corner, I can't see them. But also got hold of her scissors when she was 4 and cut her hair. And still, for all the "fun" stories I have, most of my friends have worse ones. LOL I seem to be getting off easy!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Songbird - don't worrry, if I did meet a photo would be a must!

I'm off to work for Rochelle today. I'm wondering what she's going to say about the cover of my book. It's turning into a real pain in the neck.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Song-that's a great line :) From Season One I think it's where they're playing '1, 2, 3 he's yours..and Kirk is the 3rd one' :D

Hope you're feeling better! And..wow is all I can say about your kid stories haha.

Lynne-Hope she liked the cover!
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hello everyone~
Hope all of you are well and have enjoyed your weekends. I finally purchased my copy of "Twilight--The Complete Journey" from Entertainment Weekly. I've only had time to skim through it and haven't yet read the articles, but the pictures are gorgeous. Of course we've already seen most of them, but the issue makes a lovely, glossy collectible that should be a nice summary of the entire film series.

The back of the issue has pictures of every EW magazine cover that has been dedicated to the Twilight saga over the past four and a half years. My least favorite cover was the very first one issued way back in July of 2008, and the only one of which I don't have a copy. I remember receiving it in the mail as part of my EW subscription that summer, but that was month of two before I was actually turned on to the Twilight saga and I didn't save the issue. It was the picture of Rob and Kristen in ghastly white make-up with overdone, too-red lips, and Kristen is wrapped in a sheet and holding an apple. I never liked that picture, and always thought that maybe EW didn't really know what to do with Rob and Kristen, so they made them look like "typical vampires". I just didn't feel the picture did them justice, but they made up for it with numerous lovely and more natural looking covers over the years, in my humble opinion. :)
EDIT: Here it is. :?

Lynne~ Hope work went well today. What did Rochelle say about your book cover, and did she have any new input or ideas?

Songbird~ I hope you have a better day tomorrow. It sounds like the kids were a bit of a handful this morning....so much for sleeping in. ;) I remember you mentioning the lady who couldn't "be responsible" for carpooling your kids everyday. I wonder why on earth she would volunteer to take them to swimming lessons regularly, and am sorry you've had to deal with her flaky and inconsistent behavior. Good luck with the job hunting, and I hope you're able to find something with flexible hours. What hours are your kids in school? I've been so fortunate to work as a physical therapist for seven years at a long term care facility about 26 hours a week, and I leave for work as soon as I've dropped my son off at elementary school, and am able to (barely) make it home just before my daughter gets off the middle school bus. This position has certainly been a godsend, and I couldn't ask for better coworkers and flexible hours that allow me to focus on my family, first. Time for the housework? Not so much. :lol:

Caryn~ Good to see you, hon. Have things slowed down any for you at work, and is the cross-country schedule winding down? I should probably know the answer to this for certain....out of the entire Saga, wouldn't Twilight rank as the movie you've seen the most frequently on the big screen?

Sean~ I'm sorry getting your paycheck was such a hassle, but at least you have it. ;) I can't believe you may have snow tomorrow and hope you stay warm and dry. Thanks for keeping us posted on some upcoming BD cast appearances. I'm with you; I'm not exactly a huge fan of Matt Lauer's interviews and think he comes off a little condescending with some of the Twilight cast in the past. I'm looking forward to their appearance on Ellen and hope she's able to have most of the cast present.

Sarah~ I too am feeling rather bittersweet about this film series drawing to a close, and anticipate and yet dread the movie release at the same time, if that makes any sense. I felt the same way about the imminent release of Deathly Hallows Part 2 last year, but felt the loss more acutely because HP had been an intgegral part of more life for an even longer period of time than the Twilight saga, and became a favorite of my children, as well. I have purchased the 2-disc editions of all my Twilight DVD's at Target, and you'll find that many of us here at the HH were very interested in the commentaries, especially when Rob and Kristen were a part of them. I hope you enjoyed your lunch date with hubs. Good luck with studying and your classes. When do you hope to graduate?

Marielle~ I'm glad to hear the Gothic and Fantasy Fair was fun. Don't you attend that each year? So you've seen something you don't like in the most recent BD trailer....sounds like you're not having as much luck staying spoiler-free as you'd hoped. :D I'm going to avoid watching any behind the scenes clips and extended scenes myself. I'd like to at least be a little surprised on November 15th. It seems like work has been rather exhausting for you lately, and I'm sorry you weren't able to meet up with Shauni during your recent trip.
Last edited by older_twilight_fan on Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Banner by TammyAZ
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

It's a rainy, cold night here, and I'm just trying to brace myself for a possible windstorm starting tomorrow afternoon. We're also under a flood watch until Tuesday afternoon, too.

Songbird: It was for R&K's NYC appearances during the 7th/8th of November. I don't know if there's been any arrests or what not, but the NYPD is investigating.

Songbird and everyone else: Also, you remember Lia? Well, not only does she have a new photo up on the public section of her Facebook page (there's also a new post up on her band Fallen One's FB page) that just screams "vampire hybrid" or even "Renesmee"--just ignore the black hair and her lip piercings LOL.

But anyways, this goes back to the talk that Songbird, Marielle and I had about her post-high school education. On her FB page, Lia has listed that she went to some music school near her home (Heerlen) for 4our years and graduated. It now seems that she went to that school to get a degree so she could go to another school in Maastricht, where it seems that she signed up to a four year program. That could be why she and her band don't have any more concerts scheduled for this year, so she can go to school without worrying about doing too much at one time. And based on all the photos I've seen Lia recently (concert photos, band photos and her FB profile photo), looking at her eyes, it seems that she gets plenty of sleep.

Everyone: I might be going to bed fairly soon. Kinda cold and nasty out, and I just sort of feel like sleeping in.

I'll be back later.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hi Everyone!

There have been so many new clips to watch! The time will go very fast now.

Sonny Boy has been home from college since Thursday night for his fall break, so I've been doing things with him.

Sorry I'm still such a lame poster. - Sarah - You probably won't believe I used to be a daily mega poster!

Tracy - I see you! Thanks for reminding me about the Twilight collector's mag. I looked for it a while back, but didn't see it at B&N - maybe too early. How are you coping without your dear sweet car? What will you replace it with?

Hi Sean, Marielle, Susan, and Lynne - Thanks for holding down the fort over the weekend.

This is all for now -

See you later!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

I thought that I'd share this, and I hope that Caryn doesn't kill me, but it's almost Halloween, and it's cute because it's got Renesmee in it:

http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=5&q ... e#/d5j2g9f

Also, have the interested parties been able to find that photo of Lia? I can post a link to it, but it's not hugely different to the Fallen One photos that I linked to aside from the fact that it's a close up of Lia. You can probably also find it by looking up Lia Gocer on FB. It's one of her few public photos.

Update on the weather front--The Weather Channel's Greg Forbes (their severe weather expert) says that surge flooding is possible in Chicago near the lakeshore because of high winds. I know that at least one of you guys lives in the area (Sandy I think), so be careful. Caryn also has family in Cleveland, and that can be an issue there, too. So any of you with friends or family in New England or the Great Lakes, or you yourself live in those areas, be careful over the next few days.

I'll be back later.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there, everyone!

Rochelle sent me a text just before I left for work to say her daughter was sick, so could I work from home today? I did, but she did send me an email with specs attached for a designer to do my front cover. She had a new idea which I quite like. It could work nicely, so I'm hopeful we will soon have a design for my cover!!!

I'm enjoying all the BD clips coming out at the moment. I'm getting really excited about the movie. Only a couple of weeks to go!

Tracy - I know exactly which cover you're referring to without even looking at your link. I've always thought that photo was ghastly. Whoever thought of it was extremely stupid or on drugs.

Susie - no worries!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!!

Sadly my days didn’t start so well. It’s raining like crazy here and to top it all the tram decided not to show. So I had to wait 20 minutes for the next one… making me once again late for work… It’s nice to have the best public transport system in Europe but it still sucks when they make you late…

Anyway, in just 2 weeks time we will be seeing BD2…I don’t have the sad feeling like I had with HP about that it’s the end. I think it’s because I’m so bloody nervous about all the rumors surrounding this last movie.

With the promo tour well on it’s way, Rob is making this world a very sexy place to live in.

Alright catch up post… As I really tried yesterday to make a post but miserable failed because of house work I’ll do a good one now…

Susan, that’s so annoying… people often try to be nice by offering something on the spot only to realize later that they don’t really want to do it. But it sucks that she hasn’t been honest about it immediately after it.
Good luck with finding a different job. I have trouble finding something at the moment. It seems the market is a bit stuck.
Belgium was nice. It was for work so I didn’t have much time to sightsee.
I bought a dress at the fair. I went in normal clothes and bought a dark purple with black floor length dress.

Sarah, that arm-wresting clip I haven’t watched. Caryn posted a new trailer that I watched but besides that I only see stills…
The gothic and fantasy fair was really fun. I always go alone but I meet a bunch of new people every time I’m there. Sadly the bands were a bit disappointing. I had hoped they were more my taste but I did get a chance to talk to a dutch publisher for fantasy books. He is really friendly and gave me his card. Telling me that when ever I’m getting to finish my own story I should email him. (I don’t think that will be anytime soon but I got some ideas for a nice story)

Tracy, is there any new information in that complete book from EW??? I haven’t been able to find it here yet. Maybe I can stop by the American bookstore later this week and order it.
Yes, I go to the Gothic and Fantasy fair 2 times a year. It’s always around Halloween and shortly before my bday in march.
I have only been watched officially released trailers. No more than that… but that last trailer has gotten to me… it honestly freaked me out and validated a lot of Austin’s comments about the battle. Which freaks me out even more…I’ll be a bloody wreck by the time BD2 starts…

Susie, I’m missing you big time… you better get back here soon…I miss your long posts…

Something BD relatedthey are starting to promote BooBoo like they did with Taylor… all body no brains… of course it’s not BD without Jacksper so they decided to do an article on both…

Anyway time to get to work…
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house