Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by corona »

Got it. Several outlets are reporting it, but all link to the Sun article from yesterday:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... ether.html

I shouldn't cross my fingers just yet. This is only 1 outlet and everyone is linking to it.

I can't help it, it's about neither Rob nor Kristen for me but for young lovers everywhere. It's why I got hooked on Twilight. People who love each other should be together.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

The sun normally reports anything from truth to the best ever fantasy story! The problem is the Dutch news sites follow the same stories as we do.
I like the sun article though. I have just have issues with them claiming Rob and Kris are back living together. I can totally understand that they have taken time to talk it out. They both know nothing else would make the BD promotion go smoothly. And I dare to admit that I believe Rob loves her enough to forgive her but to just go back to living together and be all lovely dovey is a step to far for me...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hi all! Bug got to start with the new reading program today. I didn't manage to get much out of her other than it was different from what she got to read for her teacher, which involved a hungry rat looking for food. But she said it was fun and I went and asked the teacher how it went and she said no problems, that it's really easy for her, but that's good because she will do better if she's certain of herself. And Bug thinks that EVERYONE is doing the same thing as she is. So she doesn't see a difference at all. So yay!

Lynne, Your job sounds so fun...I think I would enjoy it. And yay for the new novel! How's it coming? Yeah, 45 mins is too short. I wouldn't mind if it was once in a blue moon, but it got to the point that he was making excuses for EVERY party we went to of my friends. He always says it's the kids...they are asking when we're going home, or they are tired, or they haven't eaten anything and we need to leave and get them food. (they are picky and most of the time they don't eat anything substantial at the parties because they won't eat the ethnic food, and my friends are all from different countries and make traditional recipes, so the kids just eat chips and candy) But now they have started to notice that we are always the first to leave and that we don't even stay for the cake in a lot of cases. It just seems incredibly rude to me, and I would probably be hurt if my friends did that to me every time. It's just that the only person my husband likes to talk to is Niwanthi's husband, who works out of the country most of the time so is very rarely at the parties at all, even if Niwanthi is able to make it. He doesn't like the other husbands and doesn't really get involved in the "mom" talk about what the kids are doing in school, etc. So he gets bored very quickly, and he has ZERO patience with the children of this one particular friend because they are absolute brats and there is no discipline at all. I understand his frustration, but these parties are the ONLY times I get to see my friends...I figure he should be able to handle more than 45 minutes once every 3 months.

Susie, that's so nice that Sonny Boy made it home for the birthday! How are his classes going? Did he eat you out of house and home?
Yes, I guess we are somewhat opposites in social spheres...I am very social. I need people and friends. He kind of just goes with the flow most of the time. I need to get out of the house sometimes, he's a home body. The main thing is that he doesn't like the husbands of most of my friends...come to that, neither do I. The one is rather fundamentalist Christian with very extreme views, like that Dinosaurs never existed and all the bones that have been "found" were man made and placed in the ground to support the theory of evolution, but it's really a conspiracy and not real. Then another isn't so much annoying as just silent...he doesn't converse. He's very nice, he just...you try to engage him in a conversation and you'll get one or 2 word answers and that's it. He just has nothing to say. That combined with the 2 very bratty children of the one friend, my husband just dreads going to parties because he has no one to have an actual intelligent conversation with and he is afraid that our kids are going to get hurt by these kids throwing things or whatever. But the one husband he DOES like should be at the next party, as it's for his kids and his wife is waiting until he is home to celebrate...so the next one should be better.

Marielle, yes, I don't even know what the girls only thing is. They also have a Ladies only...so I don't know if there is an age limit for the girls only nights or what, but there's no Ladies only viewing listed for BD. That's also the nice thing about the marathon being on a weeknight..as much as that sucks to have to get up the next day, it will limit the number of 13 year old girls giggling throughout the movie. I just hope I don't get stuck next to anyone who hasn't read the books and is only there because their friend dragged them. That happened with one of the HP movies and the girl next to me spent the whole movie asking her friend what this was about and what that meant and why this character did such and such....and then she was texting. I wanted to smack her. I understand if you are not a reader, but she had also not seen the previous movies, so she knew NOTHING about the series and was asking EVERY little thing DURING the movie. At least wait until intermission! I hope you are able to get tickets soon! You are welcome to come here and stay at my house if your theater doesn't do a marathon.

I saw...I think it was on CNN maybe? about the pics of Kate and how they might have to try to find some way around suing because otherwise other tabloids/papz might follow suit and they'll get too bogged down because they can't sue every single publication and photographer, but if the one gets away with it, others will. So sad that privacy can be invaded in such a way.

Lulu, wow...a year and a half in Mexico? Will they be in a safe area? That's so nice that you can do a family history and such. I wish I had gotten a lot more of that from my mom before she passed. I have a lot of info on my dad's side, but I sure wish I could ask my mom questions now!

Sean, maybe the headache is from being hungry? Have you been drinking enough fluids? I get a headache if I don't drink enough water now. I never used to have that problem, but now that I've been drinking about a liter during my workout and then another .5 liters throughout the day plus juice and milk with meals, I get a headache if I don't drink the water. Hope you feel better.

Austin, Marielle posted that on the FB page yesterday, but it isn't a reputable news source is it? I think it's kind of coincidental that it's being reported right as promotion for BD is gearing up. I'm betting it's not real, but who knows. I'll believe it when I see pics of them together AFTER the movie is in theaters.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Only problem I have with The Sun stuff is that The Sun is a UK tabloid. And often The Sun is about as real as far as news goes as The Guyver: Bio-Booster Armor is to proving that aliens exist, and you may as well be reading the Viz translations of the Guyver manga.

Part of me wants them back together, but only if they're doing it for them. Not for us, not for the fans, not for Summit/Lionsgate, but only for them. I don't know Kristen or Rob, or their friends, and I don't know a damn thing about romantic relationships, so I can't claim to know anything. But I do believe that if they wanna get back together, they need to do it for the right reasons. Beyond that, I have no comment.

Songbird: I'm fine now, but I'm guessing that it was a morning thing and that the weather is changing again--it's supposed to start raining tonight and it's gonna be cold the next couple of days. But I'm better now.

Everyone: I had a nice day at work, though it was boring since there wasn't much to do--I only got a couple of phone calls. Got home about 45 minutes ago, and I had some sausage, a sandwich and a Popsicle. I do plan on submitting stuff to PTB later on and maybe starting work on my fan fic later on.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

There's been a bit of talk about the Rob and Kris rumour, so I'll comment.

Don't believe it. It's always best to consider these things untrue first. I would never have believed what Kristen did if not for the statement, and until I see considerable photographic evidence that this is so, with multiple sightings of them as a couple by fans, I will not believe it. Journalists are not trustworthy sources.

Songbird - I'm glad Bug enjoyed her reading. Yes, the new novel seems to be going well. I finished another chapter last night. I have a reasonable understanding of the direction I have to go in. I think Rochelle's not going to be very happy, though. She already has 21 books to release next year, and that doesn't even count the two other of my trilogy that will be coming after that, and I'm going to giver her a fourth book, probably before the end of the year? She'll kill me!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

I'll sub my PTB stuff and maybe work on fan fic later on after I get dinner and play around on the PS2.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Happy Monday, All!

I'm going to comment on the Kris/Rob gossip here before even checking what you all have been saying on facebook on the topic. I know it's risky, but - here goes!

My local Hollywood talk radio show was talking about it today and it seems like there were multiple sources. Anyway, they "Hollywood Spoke" the news saying that since Rob will be leaving for Australia soon (to see Lynne 8-) ), they need to have the relationship stabilized before he goes so that when he comes back for the BD2 premiere, all the promo they have to do will be easier. I would actually believe that, on the timing anyway. I could also believe they'd be reunited. But I'm like Austin - a hopeless romantic. So if it is an illusion, I'm OK with it because it will help me enjoy Breaking Dawn more. I don't want discord to ruin it for me.

OK - On to Real Life-

I had a volunteer in my classroom today who is very difficult - I inherited him from the former teacher. He is in his late 70's. He is a bit intimidating to the students and really gets in their papers when they're writing. Today I said that I wanted the students to work on that particular assignment on their own for the next five minutes and he just immediately took offense to that and said he wanted to work in another room. I wouldn't have said anything at that point, but he had already been essentially harassing some students for not starting the assignment. He's been a problem in the other classrooms too. The tricky thing is that he comes with his wife and she is a great volunteer AND guess what? She is one of my mom's friends! They went to high school together! Fortunately, this woman stopped in my classroom at the end of the class and basically apologized for the fact that I had trouble with her husband. It was all just very uncomfortable - especially for a Monday. I don't actually want any volunteers in my class since my students are so advanced.

After all of that, I just had to go get a pedicure and that was HEAVEN!

Marielle - Now I understand what you meant about wanting to move around Christmas time. Your mom really is asking about plans early!! Your comment about discussing next year's plans on Boxing Day is hilarious!!

Sean - You've done a lot of writing! I'd love to read some of your Renesmee stuff, but perhaps I should wait until you've completely revised one of them. A popsicle sounds fun!

Songbird
- Now I understand why your husband doesn't enjoy those gatherings.Those men don't sound fun. Some of my friends have husbands who prevent us from doing things as couples. I won't mention any names!

Lynne
- School holidays again? We're just starting school again. I can't get used to your calendar. Not that there's any reason I have to at this point. :lol:

Lulu - Yay!! You're back!! You are doing such a wonderful thing for your dad. Wow. He must be so touched by it. Plus you do excellent work. The finished project must be impressive.

See you peeps tomorrow!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Susie: Word to the wise for when I post it, The Wall (the Twilight/Guyver crossover that I'm working on now) might not be for everyone (violence, lemons, profuse swearing and profanity, angst, adult humor), but if you're in a certain mood, it might be entertaining. The Nessie stories are more for a general Twilight audience. Some of the improved chapters are at Twilighted, but not the whole story. I'll try and send in another chapter to be beta'd later tonight.

I'll be back later

Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Susie - yes, school holidays always come around soooo quickly!
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hello everyone~

Lynne~ I'm glad to hear the book writing is going so well. I agree with you...until we see photographic evidence of Rob and Kris, and then some.....I think it's just pure speculation at this point. It sounds as if Rochelle is certainly a prolific and successful publisher, and I should think that would be good news for your book. Yay for finishing (and getting paid for) the editing job! Any special plans to keep your little boy busy over his school holidays?

Austin~ I'm kind of a sucker for any sort of romance and young love, myself. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how all this plays out between Rob and Kristen. And as someone here mentioned, the true test of the validity of these rumors may be whether (and how often) they are seen together after the BD Part 2 premiere. Congrats on your bowling win, by the way. It sounds as if you men made the women cry and scream like little girls. :lol: Sorry about your speeding ticket....so expensive! Unfortunately I've been there, done that. :roll:

Sean~ I'm glad to hear work is going a little better for you. This is the new job, right? Any chance they can provide you with additional hours? I hope you're feeling better from the recent headache.

Songbird~ That's wonderful that your little girl is participating in and enjoying the more advanced reading program. I'm sorry that your husband doesn't seem to enjoy spending a great deal of time with your group of friends. What if your group did some things together, ladies only? The menfolk could keep the kids and enjoy being at home while you women spent time socializing together, without worrying about potentially bored or restless husbands.;) Congrats on purchasing your tickets for the Twilight marathon!

Susie~ I'm so sorry you've had to deal with the difficult volunteer in your room in what seems to be an awkward situation. He doesn't sound like he's really appropriate for volunteering in the classroom setting. Is there something else he could help with at the school, that doesn't involve him interacting frequently with students? I'm sure you handled it with your usual grace and diplomacy. Good for you getting the pedicure--well deserved, my friend! Sonnyboy's courseload sounds like it should be a good fit for him, and the proper way to gradually ease into a higher workload next semester.

Lulu~ In what type of mission work will your father and his wife be involved? What a wonderful way for you to document his (and your family's) history, and I'm sure your father will treasure it. I felt a keen sense of sadness as the Harry Potter series came to a close; it took a little while to get used to the idea we would have no more books or movies. While I'm sad about the end of the Twilight saga, it's not with the same intensity.

Marielle~ I can't believe you're already dealing with such cooler weather, although I guess that's the norm for you this time of year. It does sound like lovely weather for curling up on the couch with a warm blanket and some good fanfic, or your copy of Breaking Dawn. Do you have any more good kitty stories and adventures?

Jaclyn~ I'm glad to hear you enjoyed reading The Hunger Games series. I assumed you would like the books, as well as the movies. Catching Fire was probably my favorite book too, and I look forward to seeing how Francis Lawrence adapts it to the big screen. Did you know he was also the director of our much loved Water for Elephants? I have read some pretty good Hunger Games fanfiction, and will try to recall the website where I found some of it, if you're interested. I believe Amanda Beth (who used to post frequently on the Fanfic Discussion thread) has written a couple of excellent stories, and would probably be a great resource for Hunger Games fanfiction. I'm pretty sure you've mentioned in previous posts about watching the television show, Bones. Have you ever watched Castle, with Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic, by any chance? I stumbled across a couple of episodes on iTunes in a rather random manner and was immediately intrigued by the sexy banter, amazing acting, and great writing, and fell in love with it. I impulsively bought the first three seasons on DVD and have enjoyed watching one or two episodes per night, in my valiant effort to catch up before the show resumes next week. ;)

Caryn~ Hope you're still hanging in there and that you survived your crazy weekend. How is your grandmother?

Suzan~ It sounds like you're dealing with some difficult issues with your sister and her new "boyfriend". Good for you for treating her as normally as possible, as it often seems that being judgemental or negative about these types of things can easily drive family members farther away. Good luck!

Desiree~ Hi there!
Banner by TammyAZ