Rob's Halfway House - #10

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
lulu
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #10

Post by lulu »

Don't know how to delete this double post from my phone, sorry!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Tracy - yes, it will be good to have it finally decided one way or another, although I'm dreading that she'll defer her decision until I've done another rewrite. That would be very frustrating, especially since she's had it since October, so there's been time for plenty of rewrites! I am hoping, though, that if she does want a rewrite, it will be something I can do, and that she will say that she will accept it after that. I can cope with doing another rewrite (provided she doesn't ask for elements of the story to be changed - that may not be possible) if it means that it will definitely be published after it's done. She wouldn't be publishing it before March next year anyway, so there would be enough time for one.

lulu - yes, I shouldn't get so uptight about these things, I just recently said something unwise to a friend and we had a fight, so I'm feeling like I'm becoming a horrible person who abuses people rather than treating them as valuable people.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody.

Did you all survive the tornado’s? It was on our news in this morning, it looked like some places got hit really hard. I hope everybody is okay…

I spoke to my dad on the phone last night, he is okay but he is in Nigeria in the harbor. Tomorrow morning he’ll have to leave and sail along the coast to Ghana. It will be the dangerous part of his route. If everything goes according to plan he’ll be out of the danger zone on Sunday.

Anyway.

Lynne, how many words has your book, if it’s 100.000 words than 40.000 will go noticed but if it’s a lord of the rings complete volume like book she won’t notice the 40.000 words missing.
Don’t worry about that writer, you are just doing your job, he’ll understand that editing is needed. If he is taking it personal than he is a jerk to start with.

Tracy, my dad will be sail away from the dangerous area around Sunday. Depending on how fast the work goes. My dad has internet on board so my speaks to him daily through the chat, also he has a satellite telephone so he can call. We have that number for emergencies. He says he is taking all precautions he can…
I have been buying yoga books and all but they are still unread after many years, I just have to go to a class to do that properly.

Tonise, yes we have already paid for the hotel. I even have the vouchers already. But it doesn’t matter due to a mistake from the company we used for booking it seems that we are getting the hotel for free…I just hope the new hotel you use isn’t much further away… I have to check that when I’m home…for the dinner thing, I have been expecting to go out for dinner with you girls anyway.
You know I really love you for arranging all of this, I’m really excited about the whole thing, nervous about the trip but so excited to meet you all…

Lulu, hihi, I always had seen pirates as a romantic thing as well, like Pirates of the Caribbean…but since the misery started with the Somalia pirates it’s getting rather scary. Especially after they hijacked a vessel with a Dutch captain that looked so much like my dad and my dad was telling all these stories about how they could hear vessels being attacked on the radio…the communication, the screaming people and the shots fired… it’s so scary.

I’ll be back later today!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Post by Alphie »

Hay Ladies -

So this is what I get fro being absent from the boards - I missed the message that you changed the date of your Chicago meet up. Don't any of you, besides Kayla, have my e-mail???? LOL!

Anyway, I can't go to Chicago that weekend. This summer is a nightmare for me. The week you chose is my birthday as well as my 20th High School reunion. The very next weekend is my parent's 50's wedding anniversary and my daughter's 8th birthday. I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with the LDS church, but when we turn 8, it's a big deal! That's when we get baptized and there is a sort of big shin dig. So that's June 30 and July 1. Then two weeks later is Comic Con! UGH! So no, I won't be at your get together. And I REALLY wanted to meet all of you!

I know this is SO SO SO SO late, but I will be at the Chicago convention in a few weeks. Creation didn't make the decision until just the other day, so that was the hold up. I told them there would be a big Lexicon group there not knowing the plans had changed. SO if any of you are going, please contact me! Kayla has my permission to give you my e-mail address if I miss something here on the boards.

I hope you have a great get together in Chicago this summer!
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Just a couple of quickies before I go teach:

Alphie - We didn't change the date for the HHCON. It's still the weekend after Father's Day. We're just talking about changing hotels.

Tonise - I'll look at the link later today, but here's my question - Do you know that you can get SEVERAL rooms at that rate? Better double check on that. Anything that sounds too good to be true might have a glitch. Also Please don't cancel our existing reservation until everything is totally 100% sure and settled.

See you later!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

Tracy: I don't think that Kristen has her ears pierced. She said that she's self-conscious about them and doesn't really like them--not enough to have them worked on, but enough to cover them up with her hair, though she doesn't seem to be that self conscious about it recently.

The last time I saw Kristen wear something other than black or dark colored polish was at the Eclipse premiere in LA about a year in a half ago. And this time, all 20 of her digits match in color, too, per the Balengica show photos at Robstenation. She's been know to wear different colors on her fingers and toes, and even wearing polish only on her fingernails. But I have a story below about the Robstenation photos.

The weather here is better here, but it'll be warm and rainy tomorrow--the storm prediction center has us under a slight risk for severe weather again, and the Weather Channel's TorCon has us at a 4 right now, which is a low risk of tornadoes, but with a significant risk of severe thunderstorms. Unfortuneatly, Jennifer's area is at risk again for bad weather.

Everyone: Now, since I hinted at it several times now, here it is officially, the 2012 Audi Le Mans contenders, the Audi R18 e-Tron quattro, and the Audi R18 Ultra. Both are still diesel powered, but the e-Tron quattro has a hybrid system operated by a flywheel device mounted in the car that stores and releases kinetic energy that, under certain conditions, drives the front wheels (hence the name "quattro" after Audi's all-wheel drive system), while the R18 Ultra is an updated version of the 2011 cars that, like the e-Tron, features aerodynamic changes, an enlarged greenhouse to provide for better visibility and better driver cooling and cooling for the hybrid system, and a gearbox casing largely comprised of carbon fiber. Details about the cars. links to photos, and info about driver lineups here(note, the #3 Audi R18 is a 2011 spec car intended to run at Sebring in a couple of weeks--the R18 e-Tron and Ultra models will test for a week following the race and will debut at Spa, Belgium in early May):

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/ ... 7527.shtml

http://www.fourtitude.com/gallery/galle ... %20Airport

Now this is innovation, something missing from say, NASCAR, which most or your cars are more advanced than the stuff that races there. There are also videos on You Tube, but they're all in German from what I've watched, but if you're so inclined, just look up "Audi R18" and look for the most recent uploads.

Also, Robstenation and most likely others have photos of Kristen at the Balencigia show from this morning. Unusual thing about Kristen--she's wearing nail polish, but it's not black or some dark color--it's actually bright red! First time since the Eclipse premiere a year in a half ago that's happened, and unlike then, all 20 of her digits match. I do remember Rob saying that Kristen's underwear often doesn't match, so, 1--that to me proves that they're a couple :) , and 2--Kristen didn't use to care a ton about fashion until she stopped taking it seriously and decided to have fun with it.

Update: Photos of Kristen at Robstenation after the show was over. Easy to guess what she was wearing: sneakers, jeans, T-shirt, and a jacket. And the Bella hair is definitely back.

I'm also gonna have to set aside some time to download my favorite photos of Kristen that have come out recently, too.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Lynne, I hope your boss starts seeing the difference in your book. If she’s just started, she may not have had time to see it yet. And I’m sorry she didn’t edit your comments to the author. Was there anything really horribly mean? I can’t imagine you being mean…it’s just honest if that’s what you felt while you were reading it. Were there any positive comments? You're not a mean person...it's just kind of bad timing for your boss to "break tradition". You would never intentionally hurt anyone.

Caryn, so sorry you are sick! I hate that. And it’s terrible not to have a voice, especially with kids.

Susie, sounds like…fun? Or at least it will be nice when the work is done and you get your room back, right? Good luck with the therapy. That’s good news that the recovery will take longer…I mean, good in the sense that it’s not abnormal for you to still be in pain, not that it’s good that you are still in pain and will be for a longer period of time. Sorry…that came out really weird. The 14 weeks on the car…that IS for renting. Or rather leasing. They DO have an option where you can get a temporary car, but it’s SUPER expensive, so we can’t do that. So we wait. But the gal hubs talked to said 10-12 weeks…so that’s at least a LITTLE better. I LOVED your video of you singing with Mike. That would have been SO much fun! And I love that song. My brother and I used to love the Grease Mega mix…we had kind of a whole routine worked out with choreography. It was a lot of fun. How did that come about, you singing with Mike?

Marielle, I’m so glad your dad is ok. That must have been terrifying until you found out it wasn’t him. I’ll pray for his safe passage through Sunday! I think I might just die and go to heaven in that bookstore you mentioned…but how did you only come away with 3 or 4 books every time??? If I ever win big in the lottery, I might just have to buy a bookstore.

Tracy, I try to be disciplined with my reading, but when I’m really into one, it’s very hard to put it down and go to sleep! Sometimes I fail. Sounds like a deal with the mixer…and same goes if I ever win big in the lottery. I’ll buy us each one.

Tonise, that sounds like a great deal! I hope it works out well for you all! I was hoping I might be able to scrape together enough to go to the twilight con in Orlando in December, but I just found out nearly everyone at my job has been let go, so the business is doing REALLY poorly at the moment. I haven’t had a shift in 6 months and it doesn’t look like I’ll be getting one any time soon…so no cons for me.

Lulu, have fun with the Volleyball! Did you play in High School? I’d be more liable to hit someone in the head with the ball like Bella. I’m not very athletically inclined.

Sean, glad your weather is better today. Did it ever go to a warning for you yesterday or did it stay as a “watch”? It seems that there were a lot of tornados in the Midwest and several deaths. It’s so sad.

Nothing really new here...think I'm going to go take a bath and read. I'm feeling really stressed now, knowing I need to look for another job.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Post by Alphie »

Susie - I didn't mean that you changed the date for the HHCon, I meant that I was told a while back that you all would be at the Chicago convention in a a few weeks. I missed that you changed your date to the weekend in June. I will be at the convention in March. There is no way I can get to Chicago in June. Sorry for the confusion!
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I'm working for our business today, rather than for my publisher, as I usually do on Fridays. She can't afford to pay me another day this week. At least work is picking up. We've now got some good jobs for next week, too. I think we might be starting to turn a corner!

marielle - we've been praying for your dad, and I'll definitely keep him in our prayers until Sunday. My book is 80,000 words long. I cut it down to that deliberately, as my publisher said that it was the limit for first time authors, and if I didn't cut it down to that myself, she would if she accepted it for publication. I can understand how the other author might be upset. Writing is a very personal thing, and criticism is never easy to take. I know this from experience!

Songbird - yes, hopefully her reaction was an initial thing. I know I pretty much cut out chapter three in its entirety in a later edition, so she probably had only read the first two chapters. After that, things should change. Unfortunately, some of the comments I made on the other book did get a little picky. He was doing things that really got my goat up, because it's quite a good story, but he was getting in the way of it. Author Intrusion, it's called. He also kept trying to have characters that spoke differently, like saying "ain't" and dropping their 'H's and all that kind of stuff. I don't have a problem with that, but he was doing it to such an extent that it was ridiculous and made the book difficult to read at some points. He had one character calling his dad 'Pa', but he spelled it 'paw', and my comment was as follows: 'A paw is what a dog has. Pa is the short form for father.' And there's really no reason for saying that except that I was fed up with what he was doing. I could definitely have been nicer.
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Alphie - Sorry about the misunderstanding. We never were planning to go the Chicago TwiCon as a group. I can see how things got confused when we were using the word Convention and then Chicago as a location. Of course one would immediately think Twilight Convention in Chicago. Sorry we can't be with you there in March and sorry you can't be with us there in June! :( Maybe the next time!

HHCon New Hotel idea - I just checked the map and the new hotel is 12 blocks away from our current hotel which, if Marielle is booked near our current hotel, is too far away. I'm not just saying that because I have a bum knee for walking - 12 city blocks is a long way.