Rob's Halfway House - #9

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #9

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Hi all, and Happy Hump Day! I lack the energy tonight to post a pic, but yours are sure energizing :twisted:

The hump was very big for me but hopefully I'm on the downside now. That new job (the one I maimed my foot for a few months ago) is sending me hours, but I haven't adjusted yet, so it's tough but with a silver lining.

No megapost tonight, just a quick look-in to say hi, I miss you all, I'm trying to keep up with the posts! I'm glad you're out of your surgery, Susie, and I hope to read that it went well when I catch up! I've been sending you good thoughts since last night. Jaclyn, if you haven't decided about flowers yet, (1) I think an all-white nosegay of Gerberas or even one Gerbera would be beautiful, and (2) I think blue hydrangea would be another nice option. Remember, it's too important to stress out about too much - you want it to be fun too! Kayla, I have no idea about names, but if I get an idea I will post. Hi Amy, I miss you, too! Thanks to everyone for welcoming me on Facebook!

Look at the top - my one year Lexiversary!!! What a ride!!! Thank you all!!!
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!!

Page 200!!! Prepare for the move to a new and fresh house!!!!!

I’ll move the list along and I hope that Susie will pack the birthday calendar.

Kayla, please if it’s okay with the rest keep the new the Halfway house…

Kristener, yes, if I had a doc like Carlisle or Edward I would be perfectly happy staying in the hospital, sadly my doc is more like Leonard from the Big Bang Theory…very friendly but a complete nerd…

Sean, I’m sorry you are feeling a bit down, it’s not a surprise seeing as it’s still winter…but don’t let all the negativity get to you…

Lynne, I take it you live in the north east of Australia? If so I would advise my friend to check her travel plans so that she is staying clear from your area during the rainy months…

Songbird, my manager is really nice, about our miscommunications as well but it’s annoying for the both of us because neither of us are really good at remembering who said what…also she sometimes gets so absorbed into her work that she forgets to inform me what she is working on…
I remember you asked about Zumba, I have never done it but I hear from many that it is really fun to do…

Tracy, I don’t know what’s wrong with our FB page, this morning I had a few updates on it but not my own posts, but I saw Caryn her update about Susie on it this morning when I know she had posted it really early yesterday…

Caryn, after I realized Cedric was the same age physically as Edward I lost all shame of looking at him… and it makes me realize that Rob’s actually looking too old to play Edward…I don’t know if Rob was indeed 16 or 17 when he played Cedric but if that’s what a 17 year old should look like than Edward sure doesn’t look like a 17 years old…no 17 year old has muscles like we have seen in BD…

Brenda, congrats with your lexiversary…

Okay a bit of Rob news… he will attend the premiere of BA in Berlin with Uma and Christina on the 17th…!!!! We get a new collection of Rob in suit!!!!

I’m alone tonight, my bf is a long weekend away with his friends, their yearly weekend of testosterone… so I’m deciding on what to do… writing fanfic, reading fanfic, watching LOTR, watching Avatar (it’s on tv) or pick up a book…
Decisions, decisions…

and I better prepare to move all our decorations along...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Well I've just got back from having yummy Baskin Robbins to celebrate my father and my brother's birthdays. It's a hard life! ;)

Kayla - I haven't the faintest idea about new names. I generally like familiar and comforting.

Brenda - Yes, I'm lacking the energy to post a pic. I should have a go anyway.

marielle - thanks for that photo! :D Yes, I heard about the Bel Ami premiere. I wonder if it will be live streamed. I do live on the eastern side of Australia, but in the midway between the northern and southern tips of that side. The further north you go the more likely you are to get monsoonal rains and cyclones (hurricanes) at this time of year. Brisbane's not usually that bad. This may be the only week of continual rain we get.

Okay, try this one.
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Sean, sorry to hear that…is your mom’s job in danger?

Jaclyn, I have no idea what Burns Night is, but have a happy one! Or I guess it was last night? So I hope it was great!

Susie, so glad everything went well and hope to see you back here soon!

Marielle, I didn’t notice it last night, but this morning when I went to FB, the comment I posted on Caryn’s update about Susie was no longer the first one…so it apparently wasn’t showing me all the comments either. It seems to be working now…I think. Aw, why can’t the BA premiere be a bit closer to Holland? Then maybe we could go catch a glimpse of Rob!

Amy, you naughty girl! Coming on here while you're in a meeting! *gasp* I’m shocked! Good to see you!

Tracy, what kinds of decorations need to be retrieved for the new thread? Anything I can help with?

Lynne, happy Australia day! It must have been torture to have to go to baskin robbins! And no, it’s the same daughter…I only have one daughter (and one son). She’s just VERY social and talkative, which is one of the reasons we were confused about why she would need help with her language.

Caryn
, thanks for the explanation. I know on other forums SIL is sister-in-law, but since some people use initials (babyE, etc) I thought it could be something like that, too. My best friend just told me Zumba is great, too…I didn’t know she did it. I thought she just ran every day. So I guess now I’m going to have to try it.

Tonise, get some rest! I hope you feel better soon! Sinus issues are no fun. (I should know!)

Kayla, I don’t know how things are usually done here with new threads, so I don’t like to overstep my bounds, but can it not just stay Halfway house? Or does that get confusing?

Brenda, Happy Lexiversary!

Oh man, reading people’s auto-correct messages sometimes. One of my friends on the small harry potter site was posting a recipe and said it “was super easy” and the auto correct on her kindle changed it to “Why are we talking about a donkey? zoology easy.” :rofl:
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

I don't know if my mother's job is threatened right now, but this is the second time in less than a year that the owners have filed for bankruptcy.

At least I've had a bit of a pick me up today by making some pork chops and mashed potatoes.

I gotta get a few things done and get to bed soon if I'm gonna be getting up at a decent time today, but at Robstenation, there's some screen caps of some extras from BD1 that have been released. I don't want to spoil it, but in one photo, Kristen seems to have better abs than Rob, or maybe even Taylor :) I guess SWATH wasn't too far off and Kristen had to be ultra-hot vampire Bella, too, since BD was filmed as one huge film that was broken in two.

As I said, I have a few things to look up and I have to hit the sack.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Happy day-after-HumpDay!
Sorry I missed it yesterday. I thought this pic was too funny not to post it though. :lol:

Just a quick one today.

Songbird – Good for you for working out so much! I really should start working all those Christmas and New Years dinners off, hihi. I’ve never tried zumba, but it always looks like a lot of fun. Congratulations on your daughter doing so well in school. How did the cupcakes turn out? I made 25 cupcakes with my sister for her birthday and we decorated them with flowers as well. It was so much work, hihi.

Caryn – Tom Welling as Edward? Somehow I cannot imagine that… Maybe that’s because I can’t imagine anyone other than Rob in that role; he’s so absolutely perfect in it. ;) If anything, I’d say Tom would make a reasonable Emmett, maybe…

Susie – I’m so glad your surgery went well. Get lots of rest! I hope you’ll have a fast recovery and you’ll be up and running again in no time!

Kristina – Wow, I really admire you for being able to do such a job. I don’t think I would last very long, hihi. That sucks though, that your car isn’t working and they cut your hours. I hope you’ll find something else soon. What kind of work would you like to do?

Marielle – March 3 is oke; that’s only a month away… roughly… I really hope we’ll get to see it then. I’m halfway through the book and I’m getting pretty excited to see Rob in this role. I’m finally beginning to understand why you guys have been waiting so anxiously.

Sean – I’m sorry you’re feeling down at the moment. I hope things will get better for you soon. I’m glad you have good friends who you can talk to about stuff like that.

Everyone I missed - :wave:
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Yesterday's weather was okay, but today it looks like storms are on there way back in. We have one job this morning, and a portrait shoot (which is inside, fortunately) this afternoon. Although it's a good thing we don't have too much to work around the rain, it should still be a lot busier than it is.

Songbird - yes, it was hard going to Baskin Robbins, but I am willing to make big sacrifices for my family! ;) Yes, I guess it depends on which language she talks the most in!

Sean - hopefully, your mum's job is safe. I'm sure Rob will make a big deal about how Kristen is stronger than he is, and Taylor, for that matter! I can just hear him saying something like that!

Suzan - yeah, that picture's great, isn't it?
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Happy Thursday all!

First of all, Caryn - you were in my dream last night! It was so real. You had came over to Scotland to visit me (aww!), and we were sitting chatting. Yours hubs & monkeys were there too. Your boys were playing my some of my neices & nephews (SIL#2 kids). I was just about to go get my Twilight box to show you all my stuff when the dream changed :( But it was a nice dream!

That takes me on to the HHCon2012. Man I wish I could go!! I am a no just now, but I am hoping that something happens that lets me go, but it's just so expensive for flights over to the US.. But I wanted to check - I know I have asked before but I can't remember LOL sorry! How much would it cost for the rooms for the whole time? What if a room wasn't full, would it cost each individual more? How much eating/spending money do you think I would need? Guess these questions are mostly for Tonise or Susie, since I think they are mostly dealing with the money things at the hotel?

Anyways, to the regular posts!

Kayla - I like the Halfway House still... Maybe for the next next thread, we could incorporate the HHCon into the name or something though?

Lulu - Thanks for that wedding link to theknot.com - it's really good! I've only had a quick flick but it does look like a really well done site :) Actually, I may fb you to say this in case you don't get on here before the new thread!

Amy - Hey there! How was the training?

Tracy - Hello :) I agree that probably a lot more men will go to see Cosmopolis when it is released. Though I have a admit... I can't really remember what it's about at all! Ooops! Let us know if the book is a good read :)

Lynne - Happy Australia Day, yesterday!
Yep I love haggis LOL. Have you ever tried it? A lot of people are just put off by what it is, but once they taste it, they actually like it (like Susie LOL. She tried it when she came over to Scotland for a HH visit!).

Brenda - Thanks for the bit about the blue hydrangea - a couple people have mentioned that to me now, so I'll defo look into it.
Hope the job is going ok!

Marielle - I know, a new home almost already! Looking forward to all the lovely decorations ;)
Enjoy your bf-free weekend!

Songbird - Burns Night is the birthday of the Scottish poet Robert Burns. We normally have "haggis, neeps & tatties" (haggis, turnip & potatoes), and traditionally a "wee dram" (a whiskey) and read his poems. No one really does that much now though, apart from proper Burns Suppers where the haggis is brought in and "the address to the haggis" is read. It's pretty cool!
That's great your daughter is now doing very well in her language classes! I would LOVE to had been bilingual as a kid (and therefore now obviously LOL).

Sean - Sorry to hear about your mom's job. I hope everything goes ok & she doesn't lose it!

Suzan - Hahaha, I loved the pic you posted!! LOL.

If I missed anyone - Hi there!

Well gotta run now. Catch you all in the new thread! :D
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Hey all!! It's been another crazy crazy day with loads of running around and meetings. I will say that the one lovely moment was our Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon. One of our board members is the manager of a very upscale restaurant in downtown Indy and she was able to donate the luncheon for us, which was soooooooo good. Well, I better get this posted less Ms Kayla come along and move the house when I'm not looking!

Lynne~ Oh yes, Mr. Packinson is going to knock us all on our rears, I’m sure! I have full faith that Little Man will take after the lovely social side you show us on a daily basis. ;) Mmmmm, hope the Baskin Robbins was lovely.
Tonise~ Take it easy and get rest as you can.

Kayla~ I’m betting I missed out on the suggestion period, so I’m excited to see what you chose for us.

Brenda~ I’m glad to hear that they are sending you assignments. Happy Lexiversary!!!

Marielle~ Sweet Jesus, Woman!!! Rob was 19 when they filmed HP&tGoF. So he was completely legal. It was the idea that he was playing a truly 17 year old. Now, ogling Rob is a wholly different thing. Gods know I’ll ogle Rob until the day I take my last breath! Your absolutely right, of course. Men start to fill out like that once they hit 20 or 21. And, MY GODS has he filled out!! Hope you enjoyed your evening alone. Okay, good, you’ve got the piano. Hmmmm, maybe I should grab the guitar?

Songbird~ Yeah, I have my own weird terms that I use. I’m just wonky like that. ;) I know!!! Autocorrect cracks me up like nobody’s business!

Suzan~ I absolutely LOVED that picture!! I know. It’s absolutely impossible to see anyone other than Rob as Edward. He just embodies who Edward is in a way.

Jaclyn~ Awww, that’s so cool! Believe me, I’d love to come and visit you!!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Ok I'm here for a wee moan (sorry LOL).

While we are in New York, one of the things I really wanted to do was to go and see a basketball game at Madison Square Gardens - no games on while we are there!! :( :( There is one on the day before, and the day after we leave! :(

So then I thought, I'd also quite like to see some ice hockey (mmm, HockeyWard Hahahah!), and NOPE! None on either :(

So I'm bummed a wee bit, which is stupid cos I never normally watch those sports here LOL but really wanted to while we were in America!!

Anyways... bye!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!