Name the Movie from the Quote

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: Name the Movie from the Quote

Post by Jestak »

So what was the theme of the pageant last year?
It was, "Buy American."
And the year before that?
U.S.A. is A-okay.
Can you remember the theme of your favorite pageant?
Can I? I'm Amer-I-Can! People ask me where I get this. I don't know, it's, maybe a gift from God or somethin'.

That is from Drop Dead Gorgeous

Next:

I don't know. Part of me thinks the kid's right. What's he done to deserve this? He wants to stay here, fine. Let's leave him and go home. But another part of me thinks, what if we stay, and by some miracle we actually make it out of here alive? Someday we might look back on this and decide that saving Private Ryan was the one decent thing we were able to pull out of this whole godawful, _____* mess.

*word the language filter doesn't like
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

I don't know. Part of me thinks the kid's right. What's he done to deserve this? He wants to stay here, fine. Let's leave him and go home. But another part of me thinks, what if we stay, and by some miracle we actually make it out of here alive? Someday we might look back on this and decide that saving Private Ryan was the one decent thing we were able to pull out of this whole godawful, _____* mess.

*word the language filter doesn't like

That would be Saving Private Ryan. Epic film.

Hmmmm, let's see....

Next:

You're a street rat. You were born a street rat, and you'll die a street rat, with only your fleas to mourn you.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Kate
Officially Bitten!
Location: Wandering in the town, holding my arm tightly around the hold in my chest…

Post by Kate »

Aladdin! :)
-I'm sorry, but it has to come out.
-No, it's tender.

"When Kate met Garrett, she found something she'd never found [...]. She is currently attempting monogamy for the first time in her long life." S. M. The guide p. 157
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

-I'm sorry, but it has to come out.
-No, it's tender.

That is from Shrek

Next:

My name is Addison DeWitt. My native habitat is the theater. In it I toil not, neither do I spin. I am a critic and commentator. I am essential to the theatre.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Post by 24601 »

Jestak wrote: Next:

My name is Addison DeWitt. My native habitat is the theater. In it I toil not, neither do I spin. I am a critic and commentator. I am essential to the theatre.
All About Eve

Next:

"It's a dangerous business, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no telling where you might be swept off to. "
Noli improbos sinere te conterere
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

I was about to scream The Hobbit, but that's not out yet. It's Lord of the Rings, Sam quoting Bilbo.

What are we gonna do? Without you, evil is running rampant through the streets.
I'm so tired of running rampant in the streets...
Kate
Officially Bitten!
Location: Wandering in the town, holding my arm tightly around the hold in my chest…

Post by Kate »

dandyvampgirl_13 wrote: What are we gonna do? Without you, evil is running rampant through the streets.
I'm so tired of running rampant in the streets...
Megamind! Megamind! Megamind!!!!!
P.s. I like your Sherlock avie! :)
So let me understand this. If I take your advice, I can look forward to spending my days pruning in a tub of nake men?

"When Kate met Garrett, she found something she'd never found [...]. She is currently attempting monogamy for the first time in her long life." S. M. The guide p. 157
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

So let me understand this. If I take your advice, I can look forward to spending my days pruning in a tub of nake men?

That is from The Legend of Zorro

Next:

My name is Turkish. Funny name for an Englishman, I know. My parents to be were on the same plane when it crashed. That's how they met. They named me after the name of the plane. Not many people are named after a plane crash. That's Tommy. He tells people he was named after a gun, but I know he was really named after a famous 19th century ballet dancer.
Jacobs-girl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jacobs-girl »

"My name is Turkish. Funny name for an Englishman, I know. My parents to be were on the same plane when it crashed. That's how they met. They named me after the name of the plane. Not many people are named after a plane crash. That's Tommy. He tells people he was named after a gun, but I know he was really named after a famous 19th century ballet dancer"

That one is from the movie, Snatch, but I'm afraid I had to do a little internet research to find that out. Sorry but I wouldn't have guessed that one in a million years.

Here's mine: "We've had nine classes together since Kindergarten... ten if you count Religion of Other Cultures, which you didn't because you called it science fiction and refused to go"
"You want a nice stereo? Drive your own car"" (Bella, New Moon, ch. 1)

"They’re just cliff diving, Bella. Recreation. La Push doesn’t have a mall, you know" (Jacob, New Moon, ch. 7)
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

"We've had nine classes together since Kindergarten... ten if you count Religion of Other Cultures, which you didn't because you called it science fiction and refused to go"

That is from Easy A

Next:

In those moments where you're not quite sure if the undead are really dead, dead, don't get all stingy with your bullets. I mean, one more clean shot to the head, and this lady could have avoided becoming a human Happy Meal. Woulda... coulda... shoulda.