Name the Movie from the Quote

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Re: Name the Movie from the Quote

Post by Alphie »

HEY! That's Sleepless in Seattle!

New quote:

The, young lady with the... Uzi. Is she single?
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

That's from Sneakers

Next:

I've seen horrors … horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that … but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror. Horror has a face … and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Alphie wrote:HEY! That's Sleepless in Seattle!

New quote:

Squee!! Alphie came out to play! Hi, Lori! :wave:
Jestak wrote:I've seen horrors … horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that … but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror. Horror has a face … and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies.

Ugh... that's from Apocalypse Now.

Next:

Did you know that there are four hundred and fifty-two official government cheeses in this country? Don't you think that's incredible? To come up with four hundred and fifty-two ways of classifying what is basically a bacterial process?
You would prefer one cheese? One cheeseburger to put it on and one restaurant to eat it in?
I'm saying I like the cheese. Gah!
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Post by 24601 »

VirginiaMay wrote: Next:

Don't you just hate flying?
Yes, I do, and I just told the most terrible one to the man I'm about to marry. Do you feel that any lie is a betrayal?
I said FLYING.

Sleepless in Seattle

Next:

"Things don't happen for a reason. They just happen."
Noli improbos sinere te conterere
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

"Things don't happen for a reason. They just happen."

That is from Proof of Life.

Next:

I need to call a phone. Do you mind if I use your cab?

There's a cab in the office.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Jestak wrote:"Things don't happen for a reason. They just happen."

That is from Proof of Life.

Next:

I need to call a phone. Do you mind if I use your cab?

There's a cab in the office.
Second quote, same film:

Frank, this is Albert Einstein, the smartest man in the world.
How they hanging?
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

"I need to call a phone. Do you mind if I use your cab?
There's a cab in the office."

And

"Frank, this is Albert Einstein, the smartest man in the world.
How they hanging?"

These quotes are from IQ. Next quote: "My only real concern is how long it will take them to move out."
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

"My only real concern is how long it will take them to move out."

Is that from Sense and Sensibility?

Next:
"I would rather die a thousand deaths than to see my mother's dress on that spoiled, selfish cow!"
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Post by 24601 »

bac wrote: Next:
"I would rather die a thousand deaths than to see my mother's dress on that spoiled, selfish cow!"
Ever After

Next:

Girl: Paul, it's only a game!
Guy: DON'T SAY THAT! Please! That is the worst, most stupid thing anyone could say! Cause it quite clearly isn't "only a game." I mean if it was do you honestly think I'd care this much? Eh? Eighteen years! Eight-teen years! Do you know what you wanted eighteen years ago? Or ten? Or five? Did you want to be Head of Year at North London Comprehensive, I doubt it. I'd doubt if you wanted anything for that long. And if you had, and if you'd spent three months thinking that finally, FINALLY you were gonna get it and just when you think it's there it's taken away from you... I mean I don't care what it is, a car, a job, an Oscar, the baby... then you'd understand how I was feeling tonight. But there isn't, and you don't, so...
Noli improbos sinere te conterere
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Girl: Paul, it's only a game!
Guy: DON'T SAY THAT! Please! That is the worst, most stupid thing anyone could say! Cause it quite clearly isn't "only a game." I mean if it was do you honestly think I'd care this much? Eh? Eighteen years! Eight-teen years! Do you know what you wanted eighteen years ago? Or ten? Or five? Did you want to be Head of Year at North London Comprehensive, I doubt it. I'd doubt if you wanted anything for that long. And if you had, and if you'd spent three months thinking that finally, FINALLY you were gonna get it and just when you think it's there it's taken away from you... I mean I don't care what it is, a car, a job, an Oscar, the baby... then you'd understand how I was feeling tonight. But there isn't, and you don't, so...

That is from the original English version of Fever Pitch (one of many movies in my Netflix queue)

Next:

Mark, can I say something?
Yeah.
I know you're Peter's best friend and I know you've never particularly warmed to me. Look, don't... don't argue. We've never got friendly. But I just wanted to say, I hope that can change. I'm nice. I really am. Apart from my terrible taste in pie and... It would be great if we could be friends.
Absolutely.
Great.
Doesn't mean we'll be able to find the video, though. I had a real search when you first called and couldn't any trace of it, so...
Well, there's one here that says "Peter and Juliet's Wedding". Do you think we might be on the right track?